SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#3739 - 06/11/05 07:28 AM Please help! what to buy??Korg-Ketron-Kurzweil
sLOWER Offline

Loc: Zagreb, Croatia
Hi guys,
Next week I'm planning to buy two new keyboards - one arranger and one without styles. I'm kind a lost in thinking what to buy - Korg PA1x pro or Ketron SD1 plus.... also I don't know is it bether solution Korg Triton Extreme 61 or Kurzweil K2661... Please HEEEEEEEELP!!! I had to decide betwen two keys in each category but I just CAN'T!
"... to be or not to be ? " and why???

Thanks

Matt

[This message has been edited by sLOWER (edited 06-11-2005).]

#3740 - 06/12/05 01:53 PM Re: Please help! what to buy??Korg-Ketron-Kurzweil
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Sorry, Matt, I can't really help you.
I do only know some older synths. You know I have a K2000 and I'm really happy with its beautiful sounds (sometimes they are really galactic ). But 24 voices of polyphony is way too less. I know that the newer K2k boards have 48 voices and that's a bit better.
The filters of the Kurz are phenomenal and if you add a sampler into it you'll have a starship. You don't really need tons of ROM samples but you need a couple of really good sounds...
I don't know much about the key feel because I'm not playing keys very often. But the Kurz's K2000 series did support release velocity too - not only attack velocity...

But every synth has its own charme...
Good luck for your decision, my friend!

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 06-12-2005).]

#3741 - 06/13/05 10:45 AM Re: Please help! what to buy??Korg-Ketron-Kurzweil
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
Matt...
You're gonna get a lot of "personal" opinions, but really to be honest with ya....what's good for one person is not necessarily the best thing for another.

KB's are in individual choice, and that being said....pick the one that's right for you and your needs.

That way, there's a pretty good percentage chance that it will be the right one for you.

Just my thots...and Good Luck

------------------
...shboom

[This message has been edited by shboom (edited 06-13-2005).]

#3742 - 06/13/05 11:20 AM Re: Please help! what to buy??Korg-Ketron-Kurzweil
RW Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
shboom makes a good point.... but if you want my opion, I think I'd go for the Kurzwiel k2661 over the triton extreme 61.

And to echo what sheriff said, you don't need tons of sounds (ROM samples) but you need, well I'll say two handfulls of great sounds.

I'll take 20 great sounds over 200 medicore sounds any day.

Best wishes
Bob
<><

#3743 - 06/13/05 02:35 PM Re: Please help! what to buy??Korg-Ketron-Kurzweil
sLOWER Offline

Loc: Zagreb, Croatia
Hi,thanks for reply...
I must say that Kurzweil sounds are stronger than Korgs and they can be programed bether... well, tomorow is a big day and I decided: K2661 & Ketron

Once again, thank You on replies

Matt

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online