SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 11 of 37 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 36 37 >
Topic Options
#373527 - 10/25/13 03:45 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I believe the pictures seen above are actually the new models. I think the fader you see above the style category buttons might be a balance between audio and midi players.......just a guess!
(Retired 2021)

#373528 - 10/25/13 03:49 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
A little bird emailed me today with the same message, George...the pictures are legit.

Ian

#373533 - 10/25/13 04:09 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Ian,
Wow, that same bird made it all the way to Canada!
(Retired 2021)

#373537 - 10/25/13 04:41 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: George Kaye]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: George Kaye
Ian,
Wow, that same bird made it all the way to Canada!

Yep...and a slightly mixed up bird, I think, George...went North for the winter!??

No sense of direction, but a great source of information.

Ian

#373546 - 10/25/13 10:49 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Originally Posted By: musicforyourday
Diki if it was Roland say it you would praise it. Be real it is gonna be a great unit.

If it's as great as the T4 was great over the T3 (not a whole lot, LOL), I'm not sure it's worth losing sleep over. I tend to like to skip at least one generation, if not two, between arrangers. Gives them a chance to add a WHOLE lot of new things when you upgrade..!

No, of course the T5 will be a great unit. The T4 is a great unit! Will the T5 be enough of a GREATER unit to warrant the upgrade..? We'll see.

And if it were a lemon by Roland, I'd call it as such, musicforyourday. I have no brand loyalty. I own Roland's, Korg's, Yamaha's, Kurzweil's, used to own most every brand out there. And when they sucked, I said so..! I've been quite critical of the BK-9's screen issue, but now there are iPad workarounds, I'm pretty happy. If it were otherwise, trust me, you wouldn't see ME 'defending' it!

#373552 - 10/25/13 11:34 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: Stephenm52]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: Stephenm52
Ian, I left my credit cards home when I went to demo the Pa3x, but still bought it. I've been very happy with both the T4 and Pa3x. When the wind blows out of the north I play T4, when out of the South the Pa3x. It's a real luxury that's for sure.

I see you aren't any better at resisting temptation than I am, Steve. It's great to be weak...ha ha! In my case, I have to wait until my extra pension kicks in early next year before I look seriously at another addition, if I feel I need it, of course. That's why I've taken a sabbatical from gigging...I'm looking at different options, and going over some tentative plans with a few other semi-retired musicians. So far, it's looking quite positive.

I suspect Yamaha and Korg are still able to cover the TOTL market so well because they tend to introduce arrangers in steps, and not leaps, with Korg's steps being the larger of the two.

It's obvious that the market is still very good for TOTL instruments as both companies appear to be moving quite a bit of product, so perhaps their relatively similar strategy is proving to be a wise one.

I have quite a few of the PA styles converted for Tyros, and I find them very useful as donors for making my own Frankenstyles, as some parts, due to the styles being programmed over at least 8 bars, have interesting movement, and, since my own styles are always s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d to at least 8 bars, they add a nice air of distinction.

A PA-3x might be a tad too rich for my budget, but a PA-600 might be an interesting addition...have you played one?

Also, your PA3X...is it the 61 or 76 note model?

I'm also tossing around the idea of getting a Casio PX5S 88-note note synthesizer, again, hinging on future plans...I haven't yet had the opportunity to try one out, but, the on-line demos I have heard, and the very positive reviews on other sites are extremely encouraging. It appears to be an awesome bang for the buck.

See? I have no willpower! Ha Ha!

Ian

Edited by ianmcnll (10/25/13 11:48 PM)
Edit Reason: to corect speling and grammer

#373555 - 10/26/13 02:15 AM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: ianmcnll]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

I see you aren't any better at resisting temptation than I am, Steve. It's great to be weak...ha ha! In my case, I have to wait until my extra pension kicks in early next year before I look seriously at another addition, if I feel I need it, of course. That's why I've taken a sabbatical from gigging...I'm looking at different options, and going over some tentative plans with a few other semi-retired musicians. So far, it's looking quite positive.

I suspect Yamaha and Korg are still able to cover the TOTL market so well because they tend to introduce arrangers in steps, and not leaps, with Korg's steps being the larger of the two.

It's obvious that the market is still very good for TOTL instruments as both companies appear to be moving quite a bit of product, so perhaps their relatively similar strategy is proving to be a wise one.

I have quite a few of the PA styles converted for Tyros, and I find them very useful as donors for making my own Frankenstyles, as some parts, due to the styles being programmed over at least 8 bars, have interesting movement, and, since my own styles are always s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d to at least 8 bars, they add a nice air of distinction.

A PA-3x might be a tad too rich for my budget, but a PA-600 might be an interesting addition...have you played one?

Also, your PA3X...is it the 61 or 76 note model?

I'm also tossing around the idea of getting a Casio PX5S 88-note note synthesizer, again, hinging on future plans...I haven't yet had the opportunity to try one out, but, the on-line demos I have heard, and the very positive reviews on other sites are extremely encouraging. It appears to be an awesome bang for the buck.

See? I have no willpower! Ha Ha!

Ian

Ian I know what you mean about "willpower" eek

I have the Pa3x 61 key model. I've never played the Pa600, but hope to. TonyMads has one, he lives 20 minutes away. I hope to get to hook up sometime early next year after I retire later this year. My work and family schedule, a few gigs here and there the last couple of years hasn't left much time for much else.

I have a few of your modified styles, great stuff!

#373559 - 10/26/13 05:57 AM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: Diki]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
Ok Diki I have a Bk 9 as well and I just can't seem to get what I want out of it live its very good don't get me wrong but if T5 76 really got me going I really love T4 and as a piano player 76 key version with piano upgrade and better midi file and MP3 player and new piano mode really got me wanting this I will keep T4 and prob move Bk 9 although I will need to play first we will soon know.

#373614 - 10/27/13 08:22 AM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: travlin'easy]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Has anyone counted the number of keys.
Gary cool

There will be enough keys for you and me Gary if it only as 50 rotf2 I only use half the ones now on my T4 and the Audya had far too many, why do you ask Gary do you need more.

#373628 - 10/27/13 12:44 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Nah! 61 is more than sufficient for me, and for the most part, everyone else.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 11 of 37 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 36 37 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online