SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#372453 - 09/30/13 01:25 PM Yamaha OTS non active track
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
I have a question for Yamaha players.

When you select a OTS (one touch setting) in a standard Yamaha style.

There is often RIGHT1 active, but RIGHT2 and RIGHT3 not active.

Do the sounds inside RIGHT2 & RIGHT3 have a special interest?

Or do I simply ignore them if they are not active track by default?

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#372476 - 10/01/13 04:37 AM Re: Yamaha OTS non active track [Re: DAN.2000]
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Myself. Var 1 use OTS to start the song, then add Var 2 & Var 3 as I move through the tune...very often inserting my own voice choice in Var 2 & 3 and save as User Style name of song.

Other option is use Registrations for saving as different songs.

#372478 - 10/01/13 05:03 AM Re: Yamaha OTS non active track [Re: Graham UK]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
SO you don't use the RIGHT1/2/3 Mute/Unmute buttons while playing

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#372481 - 10/01/13 07:18 AM Re: Yamaha OTS non active track [Re: DAN.2000]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Much of this will depend upon the style selected, to which the OTS settings are an integral part of. For example, some OTS settings may include a combination of the grand piano and vibes, both of which will be activated upon selecting a particular variation. And the voice effects may or may not be activated automatically at the the selection of that variation.

If you wish to retain a particular OTS setting, merely turn off the OTS link and the same OTS will be retained regardless of the style or vatiation selected after the initial setting.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#372488 - 10/01/13 07:54 AM Re: Yamaha OTS non active track [Re: DAN.2000]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Dan
If, on the right hand voices,only one is active, you may disregard the other, or, switch it on. In other words, you could add the inactive voice, or,switch the other off, and change it.

Not sure if this is what you meant, but, for what it's worth.

Bernie

#372497 - 10/01/13 12:58 PM Re: Yamaha OTS non active track [Re: DAN.2000]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hi Dan,

Depends on who or how was program the OTS, Keep in mind that the user can change the voicing on the OTS, and if you are talking about Factory styles (with the Factory OTS), many styles are carry over some keyboard model generations, therefore,
different style designers/programers that have some different criteria and taste.
And perhaps a second designer when implemented a previous style into a new keyboard and just re-voice it using the new Tone generation/Technologies, maybe just using the primary voice R1.

Here an idea of what can be done by the User as an example, OTS1 will be a single voice, OTS2 an alternative solo voice, OTS3 could be a layer, and for the OTS4 a layer that would include Voice-Harmony, and very much like the style variations, the first one is the most basic to a more complex variation.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online