SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#372445 - 09/30/13 01:26 AM mediastation x76 questions
robert.m Offline

Loc: CROATIA
greeting.i have ms76 few days ago, so I wonder how to install native instruments contact 3 procedures?? i have os groove 5:01

#420764 - 05/01/16 02:49 AM Re: mediastation x76 questions [Re: robert.m]
Phil123 Offline

Sorry to insist BUT if someone can help by sending me the rebooting files for the OS 5.1. That way we can help each other if someone else needs them etc.... Please get in touch for details.

Thanks for any help... Best regards
Phil

#421821 - 05/30/16 08:28 AM Re: mediastation x76 questions [Re: Phil123]
Janr Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Hi Phil123,

Sure i want to help you but i ain't very good in Linux.
How are the bootfiles called ? Is it: "VMlinuz" or something like that ?
Can i send you those files piece by piece ? (via Wetransfer)
I know in Windows you can't copy booting files. I had to be formatted with boot files.

So, what exactly do you need ?
greetz,
Jan

#465805 - 02/06/19 02:27 PM Re: mediastation x76 questions [Re: robert.m]
Phil123 Offline

Hello to all again.

Starting from zero once more.
A friend who is an electronics and synth geek is helping me with the Mediastation. One of his brothers works with computer software etc and one of his friends is a real computer geek too! I have let him take it to his home and he will work on it from there. He is probably going to change some cables and check all parts. He will format the new Hard Disk (not sure if it is already or not) and clean things up a bit etc. Then he'll try to get it booted. I've looked through here and see that it's best with Linux Kubuntu Debian. But if that doesn't work, there is the HD----? Little by little. But I think that things are close now. And wow, This is a great machine. He had seen pictures of it but saw it for the first time live, and was really impressed with it. The Mediastation was/is about 10 - 15 years ahead of its time, I think. I'm really starting to get hopeful about this again. Thanks to all who have helped and given advice. Especially Zmago (great help to all of us), and Helmut (Modern Tech) who has really helped too. Lost contact with Richard Shiftlet though.

Anyway, this is a great project. Not exactly a Fairlight or Synclavia, of course, BUT this is getting on line again!!!

Best regards to all....

#465822 - 02/06/19 10:25 PM Re: mediastation x76 questions [Re: Phil123]
LenKop Offline

Where are you located Phil?

#466236 - 02/18/19 04:47 AM Re: mediastation x76 questions [Re: robert.m]
Phil123 Offline

Hi to all.

Please see my other posts... Thanks to Domenico uploading all the new files, my friend Mauricio has helped me to restore it and the Lionstracs screen comes up now, but no sound comes out. That is the next step!

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online