SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#37238 - 10/28/10 01:02 AM Re: Ketron Support and SZ, what are you guys playing at???
Tonewheeldude Offline

Dusan, you don't have to agree with my oppinion, but it doesn't change the fact that I am right.

How do I know? because in the UK we run a system that works.

1) We only use retailers that are prepared to help their customers. (although one finds it difficult so we take customer calls direct from them)

2) If a customer has a new Audya and cannot bring it in we arrange collection and delivery very quickly. For example we will collect the Audya on a Monday, it arrives with us on Tuesday, is repaired and shipped back the same day and arrives back with the customer on Wenesday.

3) If an instrument arrives or is faulty soon after delivery we will simply send a replacemnt and have the other collected at the same time. The returned keyboard is repaired and used as our demo stock.

4) In some cases it may be better to have an engineer vist the customer. As long as they are within one days journey (there and back) we will send an engineer, otherwise section 2 applies.

5) Ketron support. you are confusing your dealer/distributor with Ketron themselves. Ketron Italy are very concerned about their customers but have to trust their distributors to handle their assigned areas. If you distributor is not looking after you, then telephone Italy (number on their website) and complain about them. Emails are not always a good idea as they are generally forwarded to your distributor to handle which is catch 22.

#37239 - 10/28/10 02:09 AM Re: Ketron Support and SZ, what are you guys playing at???
Dusan Offline

Loc: Slovenija
Tone,
I can anderstand, you dont haw that kinde of problems like we haw in ather world.But that not mean you dont haw problems at all.With your work you simly recover problems with baad wiring conection,problems with registrations ,problems wit separate audio outs,USB problems,errors and that kinde of troubles befor then they coming out to some forum.For that reason loks like in UK haw no problems.Allso can agre with that,but cant agre whay Ketron dont haw suport like you haw in ather countrys?
What is the kach and whay UK members and Ketron deallers who read that forum dont wont to help from the first hand with his knowladge.
And one more thing:what are you thing?Ketron know what hepened with their products and if know whay is FAQ on their site is so pore?What ordinary user can thing if look on their site?Somebody care in Ketron?I thing:nobady!
You dont haw to agre with me Tone...

#37240 - 10/28/10 02:51 AM Re: Ketron Support and SZ, what are you guys playing at???
Rusty 999 Offline

Loc: Ireland
I agree with you Dusan. And you have always shared any information you have and you will help someone if you know the answer . And thats the way it is on every forum I have ever been on where people SHARE the information they have. I fear there is a bit of an ELITIST attitude creeping in to this forum

#37241 - 10/28/10 03:15 AM Re: Ketron Support and SZ, what are you guys playing at???
Dusan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Rusty 999:
I agree with you Dusan. And you have always shared any information you have and you will help someone if you know the answer . And thats the way it is on every forum I have ever been on where people SHARE the information they have. I fear there is a bit of an ELITIST attitude creeping in to this forum

Totaly agre Rusty 999

#37242 - 10/28/10 06:35 AM Re: Ketron Support and SZ, what are you guys playing at???
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I might agree, but on the other hand, time has been taken to advise on technical problems, which should also be appreciated. I know I do.

When I am trying to learn something, I'll eat a little crow if necessary.
Bernie

#37243 - 10/28/10 06:47 AM Re: Ketron Support and SZ, what are you guys playing at???
Tonewheeldude Offline

so let me get this right

if you have a possible fault you would prefer just to try and sort it out yourself (or use a forum of other owners) AND have a good grumble about bad support than have a great support system in place where you are helped by your distributor?

#37244 - 10/28/10 07:33 AM Re: Ketron Support and SZ, what are you guys playing at???
Dusan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tonewheeldude:
so let me get this right

if you have a possible fault you would prefer just to try and sort it out yourself (or use a forum of other owners) AND have a good grumble about bad support than have a great support system in place where you are helped by your distributor?

Tone,
I depply belive you are a great guy,but let me help you anderstant what is the real point about all this.
I am inprest haw you solve all problems in UK and my desire is suport not what you haw but only near like you haw.
You must anderstand no one who haw troubles like we haw dont want to stay along withaut his instrument-not only one day.Sending back new Audya is a last chouce.Everione try to solve problem him selfe,try to asck someone for help and solve problem(of course if problem is not hardware tipe).So far so good.
But general problem is:haw can be in that global world a chance to buy that kinde of expencive instrument with so much troubles?What ketron guys do with hardware and software in deir factory?Who is responsable for baad wiring conection for exsample?What kinde of trouble is that with all that factory control?Sorrry but that cant be hapened in thous days.Here we can see an reall face from Ketron and you with your hard work only defend Ketron foults from users.More then thre years of beta wersion I dont see and read eny Ketron apology and no one respond from ketron directly and no one from Ketron guy say:"yes we know for all troubles what you hawe and we are sorry for that.We try to solve your problems emedetly."
That can be right way to comunicate with coustomers and not live in silence.Dealler is not my interest,my interest is comunicate with guys who madet that product...And here Ketron haw a chance to come close by users.
You get it...

#37245 - 10/30/10 02:53 AM Re: Ketron Support and SZ, what are you guys playing at???
Tonewheeldude Offline

You have to remember Dusan, that this forum only reflects a tiny, tiny percentage of Audya owners. To every one of you with a problem here there are likely a few hundred without. So whilst in your mind the Audya is globally unreliable, the truth is there are only a tiny few with problems and there owners generally find themselves together on forums such as this which rates highly on the search engines.

What I still can't understand is why some who have problems will not chase their retailer and distributor until they get the problem sorted, but instead come here and complain about terrible support from the manufacturer (who have assigned distributors to look after you).

I get it that if you cant work out how to do something its fun to use a board like this, however you paid your retailer and distributor for that same support - why not make use of it instead of becoming frustrated because Ketron Italy don't read synthzone and therefore don't care about you?

#37246 - 10/30/10 08:34 AM Re: Ketron Support and SZ, what are you guys playing at???
Rusty 999 Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by Tonewheeldude:
You have to remember Dusan, that this forum only reflects a tiny, tiny percentage of Audya owners. To every one of you with a problem here there are likely a few hundred without. So whilst in your mind the Audya is globally unreliable, the truth is there are only a tiny few with problems and there owners generally find themselves together on forums such as this which rates highly on the search engines.

What I still can't understand is why some who have problems will not chase their retailer and distributor until they get the problem sorted, but instead come here and complain about terrible support from the manufacturer (who have assigned distributors to look after you).

I get it that if you cant work out how to do something its fun to use a board like this, however you paid your retailer and distributor for that same support - why not make use of it instead of becoming frustrated because Ketron Italy don't read synthzone and therefore don't care about you?

Tone , While I agree with you regarding the above in some ways I also think that there are lots of people who shop around and some would have bought on line -there are plenty of ads for ketron on the bay, and lets say someone purchased from some of the big chains or international stores in germany or Usa. There will be very little support there because ketron is only a drop in the ocean in their catalogue and their support guy wouldnt have a clue in my opinion as to a particular function on An Audya. So thats where forums come in and there are guys like yourself who are good enough to give whatever advise you can but I agree in other ways with you that support is paramount with these instruments and while no one can stop Ketron supplying whoever they choose it should also be important that they provide back up in the form of trained engineers or whatever.
I can see from your posts that you provide that- but we are not all so lucky is what I am trying to say I guess

#37247 - 10/30/10 09:52 AM Re: Ketron Support and SZ, what are you guys playing at???
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Tonewheeldude

There are many people who are having troubles with their Ketrons in the US who are NOT vocal nor wish to make their issues public for many reasons.

Does that mean there are no issues with the board, support, customer service, or quality?

Many choose to resolve their issues in private.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online