SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#37228 - 10/26/10 03:50 PM Ketron Support and SZ, what are you guys playing at???
Tonewheeldude Offline

As service manager for the UK distributor I am getting pretty peed off with people in the UK quoting SZ and telling me the Audya is not reliable.

We work hard in the UK to make sure our Ketron Users do not have problems with their instruments. We don't ask Audya owners to open their keyboards and poke connections this is bad practice; our customers have paid for the the right to expect support from the shop they purchased from and us, the distributor.

If we do have a problem I expect the owner to get on the phone to either their retailer or us at Ketron UK. If there is a genuine problem with a new instrument we will most likely send them a new instrument. If its a user problem (which is normally the case) then we will help them sort it over the phone or by email or in some cases sort it out for them, even if it means driving across the country to do it.

If you have a problem with your Ketron, wether its a user problem or a fault don't grumble about it here and expect a response from the factory - I guarantee you wont get it, Instead get on the phone to your retailer and demand some blood. If they wont help then call your distributor. You paid them money make sure you get what you paid for. If the distributor refuses to help you tell me and I will report them to the Italians!!!

With regards to the factory. As a distributor if I have a problem I cannot solve, then I email my contact at Ketron Italy and they will come back with an answer or suggestion normally the same day, sometimes the following day if he has to ask an engineer.

If we can look after our customers this way in the UK, then I don't see why you guys in other countries settle for less from your suppliers.

I joined this forum to talk about music and keyboards and Hammond stuff...but instead ended up here. And sorry I am not spending my evenings and weekends looking after other peoples customers.

#37229 - 10/26/10 04:54 PM Re: Ketron Support and SZ, what are you guys playing at???
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
Hey TWD,

Only speaking for myself about my Audya. I bought mine from Frank and he is located about 1,300 miles from me.

I play professionally 6 and 7 nights a week. I can't be without my Keyboard for possibly weeks with shipping back and forth and whatever time it takes to repair it.

Frank, AJ and SZ have been very helpful through my glitches I've had.

Personally, I don't mind opening up the keyboard and troubleshooting a problem.

It's an ADVENTURE!

I still have a tube of Hammond oil, and remember ( Like Yesterday ) having to oil the tone wheels. At least I don't have to do that anymore.

I played a Lowery Symphonic Theater Organ for 14 years. I used to have to pull the amplifier out quite often to replace blown Output Transistors.

So for me, self servicing my equipment has always been part of ownership.

I'm very happy to report that after working on the Audya the other day it is playing and operating perfectly.

A lot of self-satisfaction comes from finding a problem and fixing it myself.

Just as satisfying is sharing the information here on SZ so others may benefit from my findings.

I personally, absolutely love my Audya and wouldn't trade it for ANY other keyboard. Past or present.

Music is a WONDERFUL thing!

Jim

#37230 - 10/27/10 12:45 AM Re: Ketron Support and SZ, what are you guys playing at???
Rusty 999 Offline

Loc: Ireland
I agree with you there Nightlife

Its the same as when computers became popular but there was -and still are--people who are afraid to click on something because they are scared that it will damage something or delete something. I guess its a normal human reaction but they have to overcome that to be able to learn.

On a different subject-has no one out there in Audya land figured out how to assign the outputs? Or am I the only one who wants seperate outs? I have posted several times but no help it seems

On my old X1 I had always assigned the voices to seperate outputs and ran BASS, Kick, Snare, and Chords to 4 seperate chanells on my Mixer. That way I always had individual EQ to enchance the tone and balance of the Voices , especially the snare and bass
But so far I have failed on the Audya. I can set them up no problem -But when I SAVE the settings and switch the audya back on , it has not saved and it just reverts back .
If someone knows the answer i would appreciate any info as the manual is very vague about it and does not explain the presets properly

#37231 - 10/27/10 01:42 AM Re: Ketron Support and SZ, what are you guys playing at???
Tonewheeldude Offline

Rusty, your question is exactly one of the issues I am talking about. Why are you coming here to ask and just getting frustrated? You paid your dealer good money for your keyboard. Instead of getting frustrated because other Audya owners don't know the answer - or won't say. Get on the phone to your retailer and ask them.

My father is a Ketron retailer and if one of his customers asks a question like this he will sit down at the showroom Audya and work it out. If he can't work it out he will email me and if I don't know I will ask the factory.

Should be exactly the same for you and it shouldn't take more than a couple of days to get to the bottom of it.

Nightlife - wow..max respect for you, but honestly you should never have had to go down that route when the keyboard is under warranty. If you had been our customer we would have either sent an engineer out to you or replaced the keyboard with a new one. Again you paid your money to get that level of support.

#37232 - 10/27/10 03:32 AM Re: Ketron Support and SZ, what are you guys playing at???
Luka Offline

Loc: Slovenia
Hi!
Since I follow a lot the forum these days let me contribute a short comment to this post.

As a distributor I would act exactly as TWD says, I respect very much this kind of attitude.

As a customer I do pretty much as NiteLife explains – I'm not afraid to explore and learn, in the moment I wait for backup CD because I disabled brand new Audya when making my own backup.

As for grumbling on the forum I generally skip it and read useful stuff.

In the past all issues I had with SD1 were solved by the information on this forum and of course by AJ's assistance in the first place. I always write my questions to the forum first because it has saved me a lot of time. I use my distributor as the last (but not the least of course) option if everything else fails.

End of my comment, I have to get back to waiting for my rescue CD
Regards,
Luka

[This message has been edited by Luka (edited 10-27-2010).]

#37233 - 10/27/10 09:48 AM Re: Ketron Support and SZ, what are you guys playing at???
Ketron User Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Rusty 999:

On a different subject-has no one out there in Audya land figured out how to assign the outputs? Or am I the only one who wants seperate outs? I have posted several times but no help it seems

Hello Rusty999,

I have tried this out on my Audya 76.
Everything works fine for me.

In Output Assign-screen, i make the changes that i want, and in same screen i press SAVE. A short message appears : SAVE DATA TO DISK.

After this, i turn back to the Main-screen.
While in the Main-screen i press again the SAVE-button, and F6 - CUSTOM STARTUP.

Turn off the Keyboard, and back on. All my Output assign - settings are still there !

If this is not working for You, then something must be wrong with your keyboard i think.

Best regards,

Carlo

BTW, i run Release 41B.

#37234 - 10/27/10 02:10 PM Re: Ketron Support and SZ, what are you guys playing at???
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Carlo
Nice of you to help with Rusty's problem. Along the same lines, I am trying to get "Drawbars on my left and right, and assign it to 3/4, but I can't figure out how to get drawbars on the left with separate out. Only the right hand is assigned. The left comes out of the mains.
Bernie

#37235 - 10/27/10 02:30 PM Re: Ketron Support and SZ, what are you guys playing at???
Rusty 999 Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by Tonewheeldude:
Rusty, your question is exactly one of the issues I am talking about. Why are you coming here to ask and just getting frustrated? You paid your dealer good money for your keyboard. Instead of getting frustrated because other Audya owners don't know the answer - or won't say. Get on the phone to your retailer and ask them.

My father is a Ketron retailer and if one of his customers asks a question like this he will sit down at the showroom Audya and work it out. If he can't work it out he will email me and if I don't know I will ask the factory.

Should be exactly the same for you and it shouldn't take more than a couple of days to get to the bottom of it.

Nightlife - wow..max respect for you, but honestly you should never have had to go down that route when the keyboard is under warranty. If you had been our customer we would have either sent an engineer out to you or replaced the keyboard with a new one. Again you paid your money to get that level of support.

Tony
I was of the impression that forums like this are here for that very reason-to discuss and debate ketron products and the positive and negative aspects of owning one of their products? If I can not ask a question then whats this forum all about?? Is it here to worship Ketron and dont make any negative comments about their flawed products. because there are many flaws in their keyboards and just ask the many users who use the forum or read their posts . They are not imagining that their keyboards are not working properly , and while i would admit that sometimes user error can come into play theres also many experienced and competent musicians who are having problems . I respect the fact that you say you provide good service and i'm sure you do but we are not all dealers and we have the right to ask questions if we feel it necessary. And I have often been given very genuine tips from users on here who are experiencing problems and in my opinion its hands on users who know what they are talking about. I did ask someone from ketron support who will be nameless if the blue dot should be On or Off when saving Slider settings and I was told categorically that it should be Off and that if it was ON it was telling the keyboard to IGNORE saving?
What do you say about that?
Rusty

#37236 - 10/27/10 05:41 PM Re: Ketron Support and SZ, what are you guys playing at???
Tonewheeldude Offline

Hi Rusty,

you are missing the point entirely.

Sharing knowledge and asking for - and giving advise is fine and forums are good for that.

However if somone does not get an answer then they should not get frustrated and start complaining how terrible Ketron support is. Instead they should be on the phone to their dealer.

And in the case of a hardware fault instead of complaining here about lack of support from the factory, these people should be demanding what is rightfully theirs from their dealers/distributors: a level of support befitting of a totl keyboard like the Audya.

#37237 - 10/28/10 12:42 AM Re: Ketron Support and SZ, what are you guys playing at???
Dusan Offline

Loc: Slovenija
Quote:
Originally posted by Tonewheeldude:
Hi Rusty,

you are missing the point entirely.

Sharing knowledge and asking for - and giving advise is fine and forums are good for that.

However if somone does not get an answer then they should not get frustrated and start complaining how terrible Ketron support is. Instead they should be on the phone to their dealer.

And in the case of a hardware fault instead of complaining here about lack of support from the factory, these people should be demanding what is rightfully theirs from their dealers/distributors: a level of support befitting of a totl keyboard like the Audya.

Tone,
I dont agre with your opinion.What kinde of knowledge about problems with hardware and software in Audya has thous deallers and distributors?If I asck my dealler about my USB problem then tell me simple answer:send Audya to Ketron.Who tiching deallers about elektronic problems?Simple answer is:nobady!I allso thing even you newer be in some Ketron seminar about potencial problems with Audya.You siply pick up a phone and asck for help,but this can be cos you know some people in Ketron.Ather people has no that chance and forum is only way to say outloud what hepened with instruments from Ketron.
Ketron suport is bad and that is the fact.Simply look on their oficial site and ewerything will be clear.
And one more ting:I am a member of several Forums like Korg forum and PSR forum,but nowere I stay without answer on my question and nobady on that forums tell me whay I ask and complain about my problems.Allway I recive the best what is paseble from members and moderators of thous sites.
And for the ende:if I thing deep,on that forum some people dont want to help specially if question come out from UK.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online