SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#372360 - 09/27/13 02:48 AM Re: You guys can have a big laugh on me. [Re: brickboo]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Boo

MSConfig only patches the problem it does not cure the cause, to cure the cause you need to un-install all the programs you don’t need.

MSConfig is also only really for diagnostic purposes or for use if there is no other way to stop something from running, (Which is very rare) it should not be used as a permanent cure.

If you follow my advice and remove all the programs that you don’t need, you will be able to set MSConfig to standard and forget about it. NOTE: Not all the names in MSConfig match the programs they relate to, so it’s easy to disable something that is needed by a program you use, which can also cause you problems, or in the worst case scenario leave you unprotected. (Just ask any IT support personnel)

Hope this helps

Bill

#372380 - 09/27/13 02:14 PM Re: You guys can have a big laugh on me. [Re: brickboo]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Bill,
I had uninstalled a bunch of stuff, Then oops! After I did the uninstalls, my "Gunsmoke" and "Virgin" wouldn't play on YouTube. I had to right click on the screen and chose "use this plugin" for it to play. However, I searched Google and got that fixed and the MsConfig has really seemed to help. I have a lot less pop ups and crap offerings.

Thanks for all of the help friends.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online