SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#3721 - 05/25/02 06:35 AM steinway or korg?
Dr.Oscillator Offline

Loc: Norwich, Uk
I'm looking at investing in a steinway grandpiano (possibly mahogany veneer)with nice shiney pedals.
As a guitar player, I have had little to no experience of keyboard playing but have purchased the Learn piano in 20 short years course which i hope to start when i retire (I'm 75!!). I basically only need to play with one hand as I am a one man band. I own a Vindaloo penny whistle in A, a Hohner harmonica in D, E, and F# and a pair of pearl cymbals ( attached to knees).
Does anyone know if the steinway comes flight cased or do i have to buy this seprately?

P.S Does anyone know where my cardboard box is....its a Aldi brown one with a blue blankett a dog and a tin of half eaten catfood inside it.

Thank you

#3722 - 05/25/02 08:17 AM Re: steinway or korg?
tekminus Offline

Atleast you have back-up singers for free. Inside your head, I mean. There is a flight case for Steinways, but only for overseas shipping, in the back of a 747.

-tek

#3723 - 05/25/02 09:21 AM Re: steinway or korg?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Good one, Doctor ! I needed a good laugh today !

#3724 - 05/25/02 12:06 PM Re: steinway or korg?
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
Doc,
The Steinway comes with it's own airplane attached if you want!! It's a little hard getting thru some of the doors! But you can always get one that has fold up wings . That makes it somewhat easer to get it around.
They maybe trying to build it lighter.
My PSR-2000, around 30lbs, Steinway 30+lbs!
One thing about this setup is that when you are all setup ready to play you have no problen "Takeing Off"
"Doc" I have your cardboard box out here on my back porch! But someone has swiped the
blanket the dog,the cat, & the half eaten tin of cat food!
You know? I bet! The cat ate the food, the dog ate the cat! And I deamed I got up last night and let the dog out!
And I don't even own a dog!!
I better check that box and see if there's a emty tin in it!
I've done lost it!!!!
See you guys,
Nobby

[This message has been edited by Nobby (edited 05-25-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Nobby (edited 05-25-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Nobby (edited 05-29-2002).]

#3725 - 05/27/02 01:57 PM Re: steinway or korg?
Leon Offline

Loc: British Columbia
I know of a guy who's got a Steinway for sale. Of course, the sharps and flats are painted on, but other than that, it's not bad. His name is Schroeder and he say's he'll let it go for peanuts!!!

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online