SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#372054 - 09/17/13 01:22 PM Boot up problem
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I can not boot up the MediaStation X-76..

It appears that it does not find the boot order..I also tried to reinstall the OS..same thing..It just lights the 4 leds (main mix,Cue,Phones and Mix2)..

I also tried to get into Bios via F1, F8 on a keypad..No luck..

The MS was working fine..I shut down the keyboard as usual (on stage), and the next night tried to boot up and ..problem..I did not move the keyboard, so it was not bumped...
Any ideas? Zmago, Dom..anyone..

I have tried two hard drives one with the last OS and another with the prior OS (my preference)..

#372278 - 09/23/13 11:11 AM Re: Boot up problem [Re: Fran Carango]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I opened the MS case..nothing visually disconnected ...but I secured each wire anyway...sure enough the MS booted up...and ran a system check..It works fine again...Thanks to Zmago for the suggestion..

#372291 - 09/24/13 12:37 AM Re: Boot up problem [Re: Fran Carango]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Phew .... that is a relief Fran. That must have been real scary. Even though the keyboard wasn't moved heat expansion can cause contacts to change over time.

#420248 - 04/22/16 12:59 AM Re: Boot up problem [Re: Fran Carango]
Phil123 Offline

I have a L MS X76 OS 5.1 (I think that with the newer board and 5.1 OS the MS is similar to the Groove, if I'm not mistaken!) - but it hasn't been working for some time. I have a request. I desperately need someone to send me the Re-Booting files. I would really appreciate it if someone can do that, so that I can get this great instrument "Fired Up" again. If anyone can help me, I would be very thankful. I have sent emails to Zmago, but I think he is on tour at the moment. I'm not sure though. If anyone can help, please can you get in touch and send them to me on WeTransfer or email. Thanks in advance. Best regards

#420759 - 05/01/16 02:47 AM Re: Boot up problem [Re: Fran Carango]
Phil123 Offline

Sorry to insist BUT if someone can help by sending me the rebooting files for the OS 5.1. That way we can help each other if someone else needs them etc.... Please get in touch for details.

Thanks for any help... Best regards
Phil

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online