Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#371820 - 09/09/13 08:28 PM Re: Best Gig Story Yet!! [Re: hammer]
124 Offline

LOL! Sharp as a tack, some of 'em.

#371889 - 09/11/13 03:39 PM Re: Best Gig Story Yet!! [Re: hammer]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: hammer
Yesterday I played at a new senior venue and was greeted by a full house and a very enthusiastic AD. The gig was going really great with lots of applause and singing and I was on a roll. A gentleman approached me and asked If I would play St. Louis Blues. I told him sure and started playing the number. About 4 measures into the song a lady - very well dressed - stood up and began dancing - by about the middle of the song she had completely taken off her blouse and was in the process of removing her skirt when the AD rushed up to me and said stop playing right now!!!

Turns out the lady, age 87, was indeed a stripper in her heyday and for some reason every time she hears St. Louis Blues she gets up and does her little strip routine. I about died laughing but you really had to be there to appreciate the humor in it. Meanwhile, the guy who requested the song sat in his chair and about died laughing - he knew all along what would happen.
When I was getting ready to leave the AD said she was really sorry and had forgotten to tell me not to play ST. Louis Blues.
We should all right books.

Deane

Deane,

Had it been a young dolly bird, no doubt you would have played a quickstep, you can tell a good tale, I believe you thousand wouldn't clap apparently the old girl was stone deaf, work that one out..
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online