SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#371251 - 08/28/13 11:52 AM Yamaha Tyros 4 Replacement News
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Word is out all over the UK forums. New Tyros 4 replacement to debut in Spain in October. What do you think?

Deane

#371254 - 08/28/13 12:31 PM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 Replacement News [Re: hammer]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
Prob true I have heard it will be here by December. I hope there is a big difference and a impacting unit other wise do not rush it out. Just to have it out.

#371258 - 08/28/13 01:47 PM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 Replacement News [Re: hammer]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
For me does not matter. Will be WAY too expensive.

#371266 - 08/28/13 08:13 PM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 Replacement News [Re: hammer]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Let the madness commence... stop

I would hope that ALL Yamaha users that are likely to buy one of these gets a hold of Yamaha and tells them in no uncertain terms just what a lousy feature the audio drums and multipads feature is on the S950. Until you can import your own drums, until the multipad audio feature loops in sync with the arranger, it's a boondoggle.

Look how few of the audio styles anyone can use in the S950. There had better be a MASSIVE increase in them for them to be of any practical use, and they had better be more integrated into the 'sound' of the T5 than they are in the S950, and there had better be a MUCH greater choice of extra ones to buy online, and a faster way of loading them in.

TBH, why don't Yamaha bite the bullet..? If they think their arranger drums suck so bad that they need audio loops to make it sound better, why not just stuff the darn thing with great new KITS, and drop the entire drum audio styles feature altogether?

#371270 - 08/28/13 08:50 PM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 Replacement News [Re: Diki]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: Diki
gets a hold of Yamaha and tells them in no uncertain terms just what a lousy feature the audio drums and multipads feature is on the S950.

I absolutely miss the audio styles the most about the 950 that Deaton now has. They are smooth and playable - not too busy and so easy to play over. I'm still trying to recreate that sound on the Korg. I mentioned once before - the Korg drummers are like Steve Gadd and the Yamaha drummers are more like Ringo ... I miss Ringo. Simple, creative and PERFECT for his place in an already busy band. For louder dance styles - the Korg shines, but for Middle of the road listening tunes ... the Yamaha styles rock the room.

#371275 - 08/29/13 02:04 AM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 Replacement News [Re: hammer]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Thing about them wasn't that they were bad... far from it. Thing was, there was nowhere NEAR enough of them! That's the danger of making something that sounds so good, it makes all the rest of the styles suck in comparison. You either need to make ALL the styles have audio drums, or you just make the rest look bad.

I still think a boatload of really good KITS solves the issue, and allows you to improve all your legacy styles too. And it would cost Yamaha and its customers FAR less to implement. And heck, if there's anyone out there that PREFERS the insipid drumkits they currently come with, they can still use the old kits! Just give Yamaha users a CHOICE!

#371276 - 08/29/13 02:26 AM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 Replacement News [Re: hammer]
jdx Offline

Loc: Liverpool U.K.
Deane .... can you give us a link to the forums you have seen the info on please.
Cheers ..
John.

#371277 - 08/29/13 03:55 AM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 Replacement News [Re: jdx]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By: jdx
Deane .... can you give us a link to the forums you have seen the info on please.
Cheers ..
John.

Hi John

Click here

Bill

#371279 - 08/29/13 05:35 AM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 Replacement News [Re: hammer]
jdx Offline

Loc: Liverpool U.K.
Thanks Bill....

John.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online