SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#370698 - 08/18/13 06:20 PM Re: PSR-S950 choir sounds? [Re: DannyUK]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Diki, keep in mind that I had a G-800, an ancient Korg, and lots of other brands - I, like many others, just enjoy that lighter touch. What I don't understand is your reference to Yamaha's touch as a "toy." It's not by any means a toy, any more than any other arranger keyboard. It has nothing to do with build quality, it's just a difference in design. Just because there's more resistance to pressing a key doesn't necessarily mean the construction is better, or worse, for that matter - it's just different. I don't understand why you continue to make derogatory statements about keyboards that do not meet YOUR specifications. It makes absolutely no sense to me, but what the Hell do I know, I'm old.

Gary (the cantankerous old bastard wink )

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#370700 - 08/18/13 08:52 PM Re: PSR-S950 choir sounds? [Re: DannyUK]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
My first impression is the key touch..I don't even have to turn the power on.. smile

I really do not understand a player that says the key touch does not influence the ability to play better...both emotionally and dynamically shocked

It has been my number one concern with Yamaha keyboards..mostly the PSR line up, but the Tyros never did it for me either,,Yamaha's mid priced workstations are also bad key feel..
The Roland Juno line (except the Juno stage), are the worst of Roland's line up..The BK5 is a shade better, but still lacks what I want to play..

Korg does not meet my needs either with the PA800 and lower models..where the PA1x and 2x and 3x..are fine (Fatar action)..

If a player spends any time on The Roland's G series (800, 1000,70..or VA76)...it would be hard to switch to any other feel..The high end Korg and Roland arranger keyboards are the most appealing key feel..

Like Dave said..the enjoyment level rises with a better feel under your fingers wink

#370702 - 08/18/13 09:02 PM Re: PSR-S950 choir sounds? [Re: Fran Carango]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
Like Dave said..the enjoyment level rises with a better feel under your fingers wink

...unless you're playing those extra long G70 keys. What's THAT all about????
smile

#370705 - 08/18/13 09:32 PM Re: PSR-S950 choir sounds? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Fran Carango Offline

Your not use to full size keys..they are the proper lenght..

5 13/16...

Edited by Fran Carango (08/18/13 09:35 PM)

#370715 - 08/19/13 06:24 AM Re: PSR-S950 choir sounds? [Re: DannyUK]
Dnj Offline

why, does a firmer keybed make you a better player?...I think not... ....either your a good player or your mediocre regardless of the keybed.

#370716 - 08/19/13 06:56 AM Re: PSR-S950 choir sounds? [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
why, does a firmer keybed make you a better player?...I think not... ....either your a good player or your mediocre regardless of the keybed.

Simply not true...It takes a decent keybed to play different dynamics....As an example ..listen to a expressive piano tune played on a piano.....most of the dynamics can be played on the better keybeds I mentioned previously..but play the same tune on your PSR, and you will hear mostly wide open filter tones...A "firmer" (your words) give you a more variation of dynamics, that are easier to adjust on a great feel board...and is totally lacking on a mushy board...

It doesn't always, make you a better player, but it will make you a more expressive player..

#370718 - 08/19/13 07:03 AM Re: PSR-S950 choir sounds? [Re: DannyUK]
Uncle Dave Offline

Boy, you two must be bored out of your minds ... you're arguing points that we've hashed out dozens of times! We've all sung the praises of a nice, tight, responsive keybed. As many wonderful things about Yamaha that I can think of ... key feel has never been one of them!

#370720 - 08/19/13 07:09 AM Re: PSR-S950 choir sounds? [Re: DannyUK]
Dnj Offline

What?....A bad player will always sound bad on any keybed firm or light..so the millions of yamnaha PSR players dont know what they are talking about?

Edited by Dnj (08/19/13 07:16 AM)

#370722 - 08/19/13 07:13 AM Re: PSR-S950 choir sounds? [Re: DannyUK]
Uncle Dave Offline

Donny - stop playing Devils Advocate and get the hell out of the house and AWAY from that computer screen! You need hobby, my friend. Take a break.
smile

#370724 - 08/19/13 07:15 AM Re: PSR-S950 choir sounds? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Donny - stop playing Devils Advocate and get the hell out of the house and AWAY from that computer screen! You need hobby, my friend. Take a break.
smile

When Im right Im right... cool2

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online