SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#370436 - 08/14/13 02:18 PM A Few MicroArranger Songs
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I recored these on the KMA. Just a little sample of the sound quality of the lttle keyboard.
https://app.box.com/s/r9m2qhsshg2xmlgy3wly

Deane

#370437 - 08/14/13 02:31 PM Re: A Few MicroArranger Songs [Re: hammer]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
nice stuff!

#370440 - 08/14/13 05:00 PM Re: A Few MicroArranger Songs [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: hammer
I recored these on the KMA. Just a little sample of the sound quality of the lttle keyboard.
https://app.box.com/s/r9m2qhsshg2xmlgy3wly

Deane

Deanne that sounds terrific, headphone ....with a nice sound like that why then did you even change KB's to the PA900 or S950?. confused1 or was it just a NEW Toy fetish?

Edited by Dnj (08/14/13 05:00 PM)

#370441 - 08/14/13 06:13 PM Re: A Few MicroArranger Songs [Re: hammer]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Very nice relaxing stuff. My family listened to your music at our dinner tonight... We all enjoyed it. I liked the Don't Get Around .../ A Train medley. I might steal that smile

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#370444 - 08/14/13 08:30 PM Re: A Few MicroArranger Songs [Re: hammer]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Donny,
I have absolutely loved the little MicroArranger but it is very difficult to use
live. It also does not have a songbook feature so you must save all your setups to the very limited onboard space. It is possible to create and save sets onto the SD card but that is also a problem, at least for me, for live gigs.
So, with hopes the PA900 would have great sounds and have features not found on the KMA I ordered one.

I know this has been beaten to death here but the reality about the MicroArranger is how much of a difference John Smies Resources makes to the overall sound of the KMA. Perhaps he will do some work on the PA900 in the future.

Paul,
Thanks for the kind words - glad your family enjoyed the songs.

Deane

#370448 - 08/15/13 02:34 AM Re: A Few MicroArranger Songs [Re: hammer]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

I guess being named several times again over the last few days in relation to my programming for the Korg Micro Arranger (=PA50)it is appropriate to add a few thoughts about it myself.
Of course I am pleased and proud to know that many folks are actually enjoying my Resources for the KMA ( as well as other Resources for PA models)but in view of the current release of the PA900 it pays to bear this in mind:
I owned the PA80 and PA50 for a period of about four years during which I did an awful amount of programming, tweaking, fine tuning, you name it. For the PA800 I have been at it for three years now. AT the risk of sounding arrogant I agree with Deane, David and others here who have a very high opinion of the sounds and styles in my KMA resources, but...........

It would be unfair to compare these to any new keyboard straight out of the box. I am not sure how good the PA900 could be (or any new board for that matter) but surely a lot better than out of the box. So far I have not found any real evidence to consider swapping my trusted PA800 for the PA900 though I did hear some good sounds which are absent in my PA800 but for those I can rely on my PSR750. (Ah.....the advantage of having two brands and two keyboards, I could write a book about it !!!). But as I mentioned before, should I ever decide to give it a go I would be programming like mad, kind of an addiction really an I am sure that after months it would sound significantly better than out of the box. Don't wait for me though. Get down to work like UD and Deane and get tweaking as much as you can and I am sure you will be rewarded.

kind regards,
John

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online