SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#368895 - 07/10/13 04:35 PM Re: Crown CM311 Mic on Stupid Deal/Musiciansfriend [Re: Beakybird]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I tried three models of the Countryman E6 series and they all were horrible. Feedback was off the charts, the sound was quite thin, and there just didn't seem to be any adjustment that provided the same, robust sounds I get from the Crown CM-311A. I was fortunate with the
Countryman mics in that I borrowed 2 from a friend and had no problems returning them to him. The third one, which I purchased from a retailer, however, was a problem. I informed them up front that if the mic did not provide the sound quality without feedback, then it would be returned for a full refund, not including shipping. That agreement was made over the telephone with a salesperson that said he would note that on the invoice. NOT! When I tried to return it they said state law prohibited them from accepting mics for returns. I said OK, but here's the deal. Your salesperson made a deal with me for returning the mic. If you don't live up to that agreement, I'm calling my credit card company and telling them not to pay the bill, and to knowledge, there is no such law on the books, state or federal. They agreed to give me a full refund.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#368904 - 07/10/13 08:05 PM Re: Crown CM311 Mic on Stupid Deal/Musiciansfriend [Re: Beakybird]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Well, Russ, you can always lie to them! Play an obscure simple jazz tune, tell them it's based on a Jimmy Buffett tune off of a bootleg, what do they know!

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online