SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 19 of 31 < 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 30 31 >
Topic Options
#365805 - 04/29/13 10:05 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Originally Posted By: donpatt
Hi Group,

Can someone please tell me in simple terms how to save a text file (lyrics) to a registration? Can't find anything in the manual?

I NEED HELP! PLEASE!
Don P

Originally Posted By: filipelou
Select the txt file from the disk,press enter and save the registration with the option enabled

Originally Posted By: donpatt
Thanks Filipelou

OK, but, do I create the file in MS Word or something and name it the same as the registration?

is theere a seperate folder for the text file or should it be in the registration folder?

Don P

Originally Posted By: filipelou
You can create a specific folder for that but it is not necessary the name of the txt to be the registration name

Originally Posted By: andreurivero
don't mind the folder, in AUDYA is another concept, you must to put the .txt file in a pen drive,(don't mind the name of the file, no need the same name of the REGISTRATION, for example: the registration's name is BOLERO, but the .txt file's name is "Bésame mucho")

After put the .txt file in a pen drive go to DISK > D:REMOV select the .txt file and LOAD it with ENTER, now the lyrics are in the main screen if you press F10 (LYRIC)

When you save the registration make sure that you select "text" in the first page Section pg.1.

SAVE te REGISTRATION, now the file .txt it's into the registration's file, (you don't need have the .txt file into your hard disk), you can copy the REGISTRATION to another AUDYA and this file will have the LYRICS.

#366487 - 05/19/13 09:36 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: spfernandes
In Audya5 there any way to copy the Drum1 for Drum2 and CHORD1 for chord2, etc...?

Greetings

Originally Posted By: Sokratis 1974
Yes of course you can to copy a section of style...
Select your style that you want, press (EDIT) press F9 - COPY: Access to the COPY menu.

The Copy feature can be used for a single part (e.g.
Chord 2), or an entire arrangement (Arranger B) "Global"

1) Selected the Arrangement to Copy from by
pressing the F2 button, then using the dedicated
Arranger buttons (A, B, C, D …Ending).
2) Selected the Arrangement to Replace (Copy to)
by pressing the F7 button and changing with the
Data Value wheel.
3) Use the navigation arrows to select either the
whole Arrangement part (Global) or a single part
of the selected Arrangement you want to Copy
from the displayed column.
4) Press EXECUTE to actually copy the selected
part.

#366686 - 05/23/13 10:25 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
It occurred to me, as you can't drop Markers into MP3 or .Wav files (or at least, no current arranger can see them), you could use the key triggered audio loops (or audio multipads) as a substitute.

If you take a whole MP3 file, and chop it up into intro, verse, chorus, bridge, etc., and then assign them to keys, because they stay in sync (basically, you ask for a loop to start, the arranger waits until the 'one' to bring it in) you can now completely restructure an accompaniment audio file.

So let's say you have a tune with a solo section, split it off from the main song so you have a three part file (beginning, solo, ending) and start the song... now, when the solo is due, hit the key for the solo section, and now it will loop around as many times as you want, and you can go back to the regular ending whenever you feel like it. Cool!

I am unsure about Ketron, but Roland's have a limitation that only one loop can play at a time. However, in this context, it is not a limitation... Let's say you put the entire MP3 as the first loop. Now, you can just leave it alone and you'll get the entire song, in its usual format. But if you also have the other sections of the song ready to go on other keys, if you choose, you can jump to them (or back to them) at any time.

This is very much like having Markers in SMF's, except finally, you can do it to MP3's and .Wav's and them still be in sync.

Sounds fun!

Originally Posted By: Henni
For instance:

1. Playing the original intro before starting the arranger.
2. Playing a specific drum recording.
3. Playing a complex solo section at a certain place

to name but a few possibilities.

Keep well all my friends,

Henni

#366688 - 05/23/13 10:31 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: ketronkong
Hi,i want to make a cow bell fatter in some custom styles i have in the audya.Any help PLEASE.THANK you. JOHN

Hi!

Try to build your own drum kit and low pitch cowbell, saves the kit and use it in different styles.

greetings

Originally Posted By: ketronkong
SPFERNANDES, thank you so much.Greeting from California USA.Are there any websites or articles that i learn how to do that?The Audya manual is not very comprehensive.Thanks. John.

Sorry for the delay in my response John!

Press DRUMSET - » select USER (on screen) -» press EDIT.

Now we just need you select the key corresponding to the cowbell and adjust the pitch and tune.

At the end, press SAVE and give a name to your UserDrumKit ...

greetings

#366689 - 05/23/13 10:33 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: Ketron_AJ
...PS:- Check out the new Super Styles being released at www.AjamSonic.com - DEMOS 22, 23 ...

#366690 - 05/23/13 10:35 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: PatSar63
AJ,

I wrote down 2 identification numbers of my original Ketron HDD. But none of both match the serial number present on the label sticked on the disk itself.

My issue is : I don't remember how and where I founded them. I believe that one can be translate with the another one. (ASCII - Hexa or something approaching)

Could you contact me by personal email to remind me the process I used.

Thanks in advance.
Patrick (from France)

Originally Posted By: Snoopy
Hi Patrick,

the one on sticked on the harddisk should be the right one wink

If you can connect it to a PC ( via adaptor ) :

HDTune ( 15 days Freeware ) can display it.

Patrick,

The number that is 'stuck' to the HD (and if you notice, that same number is stuck to most of the components of the keyboard) is not the serial number.

Contact me at AjamInc@gmail.com for more info.

Thanks,

AJ

#367143 - 06/04/13 10:07 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

This is where the Audya really shines - not style creation, but style modelling. All I need is a normal midi style with a good intro & ending. Then I simply insert the live parts in the various tracks, different for each variation.

I did 4 or 5 styles over the weekend & once again I am AMAZED at the end result & how little effort it took to create. Hard to understand for anyone who does not have an Audya. I hardly use any style as is any more.

AJ or TWD, one of you should really post a short video here demonstrating this. AJ, why don't you cut a part out of your tutorial video & post here for all to see? It would really be an eye opener for many.

Henni

Originally Posted By: rikkisbears
Hi Henni,
interesting. Don't quite understand what you mean, do you basically cut up a midifile and put the sections into the various style parts ? If so, do you actually do chord changes or just trigger the various style parts , as is.

I can do something similar to what I mentioned above ie chop the midifile into verses , chorus etc and assign the parts to the variations, fills etc. Limitations are only 8 tracks per style part, and one doesn't do chord changes, just basically trigger each variation etc as required.

Hi,

The Audya, especially with the Ajam conversion, literally has many, many hundreds of various live audio guitar loops, many, many hundreds of live audio bass loops, more than a thousand five hundred live audio drum loops, many hundreds of audio drum grooves, many, many piano, brass, reed etc arp & lics sections that can each literally be browsed into each track of every variation of every style & even into the intros & endings should one wish.

Each one of the above plays different loops for different chords!!!

The drums & bass & most other sections comes complete with breaks & fills & auto fills and the bass comes with some stunning riffs in between that all happen & play automatically.

So, I double click any part of any style, select the first audio loop and then start to scroll through them one by one till I find something to my liking. Then I set the pan, volume & effects for that specific track for that specific variation that effects only that track for only that variation.

It is like taking any musician on any instrument playing just about any style possible on that instrument & placing him wherever & whenever I want... And the quality of these audio loops is really something to beheld!

Or I can replace any midi with one of the super solo specially sampled voices!

The possibilities & combinations is endless and will take you wherever your imagination leads. It is really awesome and has to be seen & heard to be appreciated.

Imagine taking any section out of any MP3 or Wave track, combine them all in one where you are in complete control, and you are only beginning to grasp what is possible in the Audya... I am not joking in the least!

Kind regards,

Henni

Hi Henni,
wow, that sounds really awesome, though without having hands on experience, hard to fully comprehend.
Ketron certainly are ahead of the time with inovation.
I'd totally misunderstood what you meant on your earlier post, so thank you for clarifying.

About the only audio loops I've had anything to do with are the Real Tracks in Band in a Box.
Basically you have to type in your chord progression first
( no realtime arranger functions), then choose a style , audio, midi, or mixed.
One does have the option of changing individual style tracks , so if you're not happy with the midi guitar track, you can browse thru & swap it for an audio guitar loop or a super midi loop.
Quite interesting, but not as good as having a keyboard that can do it. Wow.

[quote=Henni]Hi,

The Audya, especially with the Ajam conversion,

Hi Rikki,

Unfortunately I have problems with my personal internet & I cannot upload anything.

However, if you go here and look at pages 147 to 155, you'll see what audio parts are available for styles to the standard non AJAMSONIC Audya.

If AJ reads this, I rally hope that he will post new tables including the new audio loops that comes with his AJAMDSONIC upgrade. There are thoudsands of them over and above the standard ones as listed above.

Page 69 to 76 describes how to insert these into any existing style, whether standard midi or audio style.

Kind regards,

Henni

Originally Posted By: joso
Hi Henni

Oh, an extended loop player ;-)
What about editing at note level, e.g. removing notes, changing volume etc. ?

Jørgen

Hi Jørgen,

The audio loop playing ability is what makes the Audya so unique and hence the name.

Currently, to my knowledge at least, micro midi editing is not available direct on the Audya.

Because I never get involved at that specific level, I cannot accurately state what is available & what not in this regard.

However, the above link to the full manual should answer your question in detail. I'm also hoping that AJ will read & contribute over here soon as he is technically completely up to speed on the Audya.

Remember, the Audya is an audio playing arranger that also allows the use of purely midi only styles. I think the developers designed it for a complete new application whilst still maintaining some of the old. It might very well be that micro midi editing is planned as a future OS update for all I know...

Here is the update on what AJ is working on right now: (it just keeps on getting better)

It's not yet complete. However we have completed some of the Super Styles demos that will come with it (Demos 22, 23, 24, 25 ...etc) on www.AjamSonic.com. You'll need good speakers/headphones to really appriciate these!

These are a totally 'new' bread of styles with realism yet to be heard in an Arranger keyboard and due to the complex programming involved (16-32 measures long, programed in Major, Minor and 7th tonality which means for each variation, you hear something slighty different [with Audio Drums, Bass or Guitars] when you play a major, minor or 7th chord) ... etc), these styles no longer sound like an Arranger and that was our goal! Taking it to the next level. Many manufacturers have the capability to program styles in different tonalities and have the style 'breath' but very few (if any) use it and styles programmed in 4 measures just can't cut it!

* Loops are now 16 ~ 32 measures long.

* Audio Drums are now a fusio of AUDIO (effects and drum kit minus Kick drum) and Midi (Kick and toms - since Audya still has some of the best in this category). This also ensures there is no 'drag' or laps in timing - as you can now hear!

* Stereo Audio Drums:- Very important. Listen to how during the fills or breaks, the sounds 'roll' from one speaker to another. The idea was to imagine 'you' infront of the drummer. Although the kick/bass drum is right in front of you, every other instrument he plays is either left, hard left, right or hard right - so we re-created this field too and my do they sound great!

Keep well my friend,

Henni

Hi Henni,
had a read thru.
From what I could work out, what a brilliant function.

The closest I've seen to that type of function was on the Technics keyboards, only midi phrases of course , not audio.
You basically scrolled thru, the various types of phrases for each of the style tracks & put your style together that way.
"Dial a Style" haahaa
From memory , I think it only worked for the 4 variations, not fills. I really miss that function.

Even though I can copy style tracks from one style to another, how much easier would it be to be able to scroll thru some sort of a database & audition the tracks I want replaced.

thanks Henni, been fascinating, certainly wasn't aware the audya had this type of function.

You've got me thinking , might have to get out my EMC Style Factory software again, closest thing I've got to a phrase database.

[quote=Henni]Hi Rikki,

rikkisbears and all,

You've got it. "Dial a Style" is equivalent to Ketron's Audio Style modelling, however unlike what the name suggests, the modelling is not limited to Audio, so probably "Audio and Midi phrase data bass" would have been more appropriate.

* Select a style (e.g Salsa)
* Go into STYLE VIEW (which displays all the components of the current style (Drums, bass, guitars, strings ... etc).
* Select F1 (DRUMS) and turn data wheel to scroll through MIDI drums bass. Press F1 again to go to GROOVES drum bass. Press F1 again and go through AUDIO DRUMS LOOPS (8 measures long or if you have the AJAMSONIC, 32 measures long). You can have BOTH the Midi and AUDIO drums playing in sync (so you can actually go to the Midi Drum parts and MUTE say the Kick, snare and hi hats but leave the percussion) and have the AUDIO Drums cover the drum parts! AjamSonic adds over 1500 more!
* Select F2 for Percussion track and repeat above (as for drums).
* Select F3 for BASS and do the same. The bank consist of bass lines from other styles plus those of previous Ketron libraries too. AjamSonic adds even more!
* Select F6-F10 and repeat for the Chords 1-5. Now here it gets interesting because you can press F4 twice (Chord4) and toggle between Midi bank parts or Arpeggios - or in the Ajamsonic version even more Professional studio quality Aprs like those found in today's workstations. If you press F5 twice (Chord5), you can toggle and scroll through either Midi parts or AUDIO guitar banks - or in the Ajamsonic version even more Guitar parts, PLUS you can use the AJAMSONIC voices to replace the current MIDI voices and these add nuances to the style parts automatically (similar to SA voices on Yamaha products) such as brass thrills, sax valves and breath ... etc. Check out demos of these at www.AjamSonic.com (the SUPER STYLES [soon to be released - which are Demos 22, 23 ...etc] will also shed some light on the new Audio Drums and Bass!). The banks for all Drums, Bass and Chord parts are not limited to only style parts but also contain other phrases KETRON added exclusively for AUDYA!

To add injury to this degree of flexibility, you can pick a phrase and select a new voice for it by simply going to the Preset voices and selecting a new one (so you could have picked a Nylon Guitar phrase but then change the Guitarist's instrument to say a Pedal Steel Guitar or Strings)! The same phrase is played ... just now with the new instrument!

So what does this mean? You can take the SALSA above, and to chord 1 in variation A, change the current Piano to say the horns from the Big Band style. If GLOBAL (U5/10) is on, this change impacts all Arranger parts (A-D) or if doing fills or breaks, all Fills/Breaks (1-4) or all Endings (1-3) at once. If set to SINGLE, only the current part is edited (e.g only Arranger A). Now for Chord 3, change the current Midi trumpet line to the Midi guitar line from another style within the bank and for chord 5, replace the Midi Guitar strum with an AUDIO Guitar strum from a Country style. See where this is going? As for the drums, I can now take out the current drums and replace with the Audio Drums from a Son or Bachata or ... - endless combination and permutations here! With the AjamSonic upgrade, you can also assign Arps to ALL chord parts (not just Chord4).

* When done, save and you have the option to save with a new name (you just created a new style so the one you've been working on remains unchanged) or leave name unchanged (over-write old style if it was a USER STYLE). Style gets stored in HD (SSD - if new AjamSonic is installed).

The AJAMSONIC upgrade now offers a 120GB SSD (yes, Solid State Drive) which makes access to this huge database an even faster breeze. Ignoring shock to the keyboard as there is no more 'fragile' Hard Disk, you can now travel more with assurance that when you power on your AUDYA, that disk WILL WORK! Plus with the module version in particular (AUDYA 4), you need not worry about what angle it is (HD are limited to a 10 degree incline for ultimate performance). More information on this at www.AjamSonic.com

Hope this better explained it. Editing the actual AUDIO file itself in details is limited but basic modifications such as EQ (low and high), slicing and setting loop point (using internal SAMPLER) ...etc can be done on the AUDYA. Of course most would have prepared the AUDIO Drums at a professional studio (or using software like Protools) where everything would have been edited prior to installing in AUDYA, but hopefully someday, we'll please most of the people most of the time :-)

Thanks.

#367212 - 06/06/13 08:23 AM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Ketron_AJ Offline

Loc: Middletown, DE
A smart way to accomplish the same is to use BLOCK REGISTRATIONS. These can hold 20 slots of Single Registrations, Wave/Mp3/Midifiles, text files ...etc.

This way, when you recall the BLOCK Register, it will instantly populate F1-F10 with the relevant Single Registers, Wave/Mp3/Text and all applicable files.

#367236 - 06/06/13 09:32 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Ketron_AJ]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

I made a short demo to illustrate & verify "Dial a style" or style modelling on the Audya. Read about it here.

Keep well all,

Henni

#367240 - 06/07/13 02:08 AM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

...Some tricks I've learned on style modelling:

1. For the intro's & endings, replace the odd midi voices with new ones.
2. Play with the effect & volume settings.
3. In the main part of the style, start initially by replacing only those chord tracks that do not play right with the new loops from Ketron. This will give you a good feeling for what to do next.
4. Try & always replace the midi drums with audio drums as these come with stunning fills. Remember to first make all midi drum volumes = 0 else both midi & audio drums will play. I think this applies to the drums & groove tracks only...
5. Make the audio drum volumes = 0 for all the intro's and endings and set the midi drums to the correct volume levels.
6. Try to replace the midi bass with loops from the Ketron library as these come with GREAT riffs & fills. Everything above about drums apply to the bass track also.
7. Don't worry if one of the intros or endings do not play correct. Just use the ones that do instead as we cannot edit right down to note level on the midi.
8. If you use an Ajamsonic style for starters, first save the style as a new style with a different name. The original will not remember your new registration settings (write & copy protection...), but the new one will.
9. You can save the modified style either as a new style, or as a new registration. Both methods work for the non Ajamsonic styles.
10. You can replace any midi voice(instrument) with a super solo voice(instrument).
11. Don't forget about the groove track. It can make for a stunning complement & even replacement for the drums track.
12. If you simply cannot fix an odd midi track in the intros or endings, simply turn it's volume down to = 0. On all the other parts you can replace it with a Ketron loop. You can do same for intro's & endings, but it will most probably not follow the chord changes for those correctly. It will for all the other parts though...

Henni

Page 19 of 31 < 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 30 31 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online