SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#365491 - 04/23/13 10:21 AM Re: Who makes the best Latin styles? [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Paul can you change the instrumentation on the Tyros drums? That is the beauty of the ROLAND makeup tools...best in the business when it comes to style editing and drums etc..

... other than KORG ... grin keys

#365495 - 04/23/13 11:16 AM Re: Who makes the best Latin styles? [Re: montunoman]
Dnj Offline

Sorry Tony. Cant agree.

#365501 - 04/23/13 01:57 PM Re: Who makes the best Latin styles? [Re: montunoman]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Some serious gaps in the ease of editing Korg styles. Primary of which is, there's no way to globally bring a Part's velocities up or down (or a single drum within a kit, globally) for the style.

Yes, you can do this, but you have to do it individually for every single Part Division AND every Part's CV (Chord Variation). This means repeating the same edit potentially dozens of times, simply to try to hear an increase or decrease in sample crossover point (one of the hardest things to get right, but amazing when you do).

It's one of the MAIN things I have to work with trying to get drum parts from one arranger, with wildly different crossover point, to sound good on a non-native kit (with crossover points in different areas).

Plus, Roland seem to have TWO separate systems for style editing. The Makeup Tools we all love for its speed and ease of use, and a regular style editor, more akin to the Korg system. It is this Makeup Tools system that gives Roland the edge. Trust me, I've done plenty of work on the PA3 trying to get non-native styles to sound good (on my friend's PA3x61) and there really is no comparison. The G70 can do the job easier and MUCH faster.

Which tends to make you want to use it!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online