SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#364090 - 03/31/13 06:17 AM Just a quick performance
analogcontrolfreak Offline

Here is a little performance. I hope you enjoy!

Paul

#364170 - 04/02/13 12:07 AM Re: Just a quick performance [Re: analogcontrolfreak]
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Hi Paul, well done.
You are well on the way. New diet, new KB?????? and the world awaits.
keep at it and you will surprise yourself.

Ray dance

#364173 - 04/02/13 12:54 AM Re: Just a quick performance [Re: analogcontrolfreak]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Thanks Paul !!! So pleased you are playing music again. Hey, why don't you play that same piece using an analog synth type sound for a "Switched On Bach" type approach. I think that would really work and give it a very cool edge. I would think that O1W would have a synth patch that could work for that.

#364180 - 04/02/13 03:24 AM Re: Just a quick performance [Re: analogcontrolfreak]

Thank You Ray! It's not really a new diet, but a changed diet.

Well that will be a trick, as the patch sounds do not show up on the display? It just comes up as Init. Program or Combi, so trying to find the right sound his ht or miss? I will have to figure out how to do a factory reset?

This is the best I could do after 21 years of piano lessons give or take.

Thanks again!

#364212 - 04/02/13 11:58 AM Re: Just a quick performance [Re: analogcontrolfreak]

Well, that's the best I can come up with! I don't have a whole lot floating in my head, and reading sheet music is all "Greek" to me. This may not be the exact board I was looking for? Someone had suggested the KARMA, but I was not ready to spend $500.00. I need more, or something like an arranger, but not as expensive? I may hold out for a used triton or triton le? Or a Casio home keyboard. Something that can play accompaniment. The Le, has sounds and features that I like.

Well, I still hold onto this for now.

Yea I can play, but not too the extent of you guys on here. I mean I know chords. I can hear a song in my head, it's trying to transfer it to the keyboard, is where I run into difficulty.

I can hear the keyboard riff from Van Halen's "Jump: in my head, but playing I just fall flat.

#364248 - 04/02/13 10:41 PM Re: Just a quick performance [Re: analogcontrolfreak]
Nigel Offline
Admin

The Casio WK-7500 looks like great value and can be found for not much more than you paid for the O1W.

#364254 - 04/03/13 01:47 AM Re: Just a quick performance [Re: analogcontrolfreak]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Originally Posted By: analogcontrolfreak
I will have to figure out how to do a factory reset?

Here is how to do it. But make sure to save what you have now in case you need to get it back.

Here’s a quick trick to revert all sounds and combis of your 01/W(fd) to the factory sounds.
Beware that anything you have entered or changed in the 01/W will be lost!

1. Press both the COMPARE and RESET buttons, keep them depressed and power on the 01/W
2. After a few seconds, the display will show the ROM version and date. All sounds are initialized to one setting.
3. Press the GLOBAL button, and go with the PAGE+ button to page 7.
4. Press the LOAD soft-key and answer with YES.
5. Now your 01/W contains the factory sounds and presets.

#364296 - 04/03/13 01:46 PM Re: Just a quick performance [Re: analogcontrolfreak]

Thank You for that Nigel. I will look into the Casio.

I want to try and get the 01/W back into shape, and resell it or trade it. I may need to replace the Display, as it's not as bright. I mean I can read it, but if I sell it someone else might complain. Also I should find a floppy disk to test the drive.

#364317 - 04/03/13 04:49 PM Re: Just a quick performance [Re: analogcontrolfreak]

Hey Nigel, followed your instructions and it worked. I have the keyboard back to it's factory settings. The display is fine. Although some of the buttons are a little sticky. Have to push them a little harder. They may need to be replaced? Still sounds good.

#364328 - 04/03/13 09:58 PM Re: Just a quick performance [Re: analogcontrolfreak]
Nigel Offline
Admin

You should try at some of the sounds I have at http://www.synthzone.com/midi/korg/01w/ as you are sure to find some great ones there. Often they are an improvement on the original factory sounds. They are in sysex format ( .syx ) and can be sent from your PC over midi to your Korg, presuming you have a midi interface for your PC. If you don't I recommend you get one because it not only allows you to send sounds but also to use PC midi sequencing software. And they aren't very expensive. http://www.zzounds.com/item--HOSUSM422 is under $30.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online