SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#362830 - 03/09/13 10:20 PM the new PSR 750 vs S910
hakurup Offline

Hello Friends,

Need your suggestions please;
I had the opportunity to go to the local stores here and check out on the PSR 750. Though am very impressed with the new black color and superb built-in speakers; my question is whether there is even n iota of a difference between S750 and the existing s910?? I read the data manuals of both and was disappointed to see that the styles and voices were both same in both models. So is Yamaha expecting us to shell out more just on the revamped speakers??!! Or is it that the Styles in S750 are reworked styles and not just copies of S910? (i havent got the chance to play on S910. I have a S710).
Any replies are welcome to shed light on this, please.

#363574 - 03/20/13 09:10 PM Re: the new PSR 750 vs S910 [Re: hakurup]
KORG80 Offline

Originally Posted By: hakurup
Hello Friends,

Need your suggestions please;
I had the opportunity to go to the local stores here and check out on the PSR 750. Though am very impressed with the new black color and superb built-in speakers; my question is whether there is even n iota of a difference between S750 and the existing s910?? I read the data manuals of both and was disappointed to see that the styles and voices were both same in both models. So is Yamaha expecting us to shell out more just on the revamped speakers??!! Or is it that the Styles in S750 are reworked styles and not just copies of S910? (i havent got the chance to play on S910. I have a S710).
Any replies are welcome to shed light on this, please.

In my search for a new keyboard I tried a 710 I could have purchased for $900. On Monday I decided to buy a new PSR S750. With Ontario taxes it came to $1412.
The extra $500 was well worth it in my mind. I've played and sang with Korg PA 80 for many years. I have to be very organized on that keyboard. In performance I actually had to practice or write down the settings for all my songs. I'm not really a set list kind of guy and I like to go as the spirit and my audience move me. I was amazed at how easily I could get around on the 750. Going from reggae to rock to Irish folk song in no time at all. I don't remember being able to do that as well in my session with the 710.

My 2 cents!

God Bless,
Don

#363695 - 03/23/13 10:25 PM Re: the new PSR 750 vs S910 [Re: KORG80]
hakurup Offline

thanks for sharing your experience.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online