SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#361874 - 02/20/13 11:34 AM Andy Marx -- The Grandson Of Songwriter Gus Kahn
amarx Offline

Hello, everybody. I wanted to introduce myself -- first of all, I'm the grandson of Gus Kahn, who co-wrote such great songs as "It Had to Be You," "Makin' Whoopee" and "Dream a Little Dream." I'm also a longtime customer of George Kaye, who I think has the greatest store on the planet. Anyway, I want to tell you about a project I completed, which is a tribute album to Gus Kahn, called "It Had to Be Gus!" The reason I'm telling you about it is because I recorded the entire thing using only my Tyros 3 and Motif XS8. What started as a labor of love turned into a record that is actually selling well on iTunes and CD Baby. Here's the iTunes link in case you want to hear a sample: http://goo.gl/xlAKf Please don't think I'm spamming the message boards. I thought you might like to hear another example of how amazing the Tyros 3 is.

Edited by amarx (02/20/13 11:34 AM)

#361878 - 02/20/13 12:18 PM Re: Andy Marx -- The Grandson Of Songwriter Gus Kahn [Re: amarx]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
The album sounds really nice ... what a legacy your grandfather left ... at least you know where your music gene came from ...
Best of luck to you ...
Thanks for posting ...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online