SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#36170 - 08/24/10 10:58 AM Sharing the Good News
Machetero Offline
Member

Registered: 08/21/09
Posts: 352
Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
I will like to share my opinion about the Audya and OS release 4.1B. Still I have very limited knowledge about the OS and have no used all the functions, no I understand in some case the use some of them.

1- Upgrade from the PEN drive went smooth.

2- All function working as expected. No issues with left voices that I know so far. The HD some times is noise. Trying to make a backup just in case.

3- The sounds are good, no as good as in other arrangers like the Korg PA2x/PA800 or the Tyros 3. Sounds are better when you play it in PROGRAM mode. So far the worst for for me are the trumpet ones.

4- STYLES are great !!. Best of any arrangers. One of the best features of the Audya is that the styles can be used to play different types of music; they tend to be use in a more generic way than others KBs.

5- MIDI, MP3 and WAV players are very good. Lyrics display is mediocre at least. They can do better; like better fonts, colors and backgrounds.

6- I wish that the Audya have implemented what in Korg KBs are called PADS (Tyros have it implemented too). I miss those a lot.

7- The Audya is very easy to use. Another great feature. Registration, Style View, etc, are great.

8- Another great feature is the way that we are able to take a "regular" style (no audio Drums or Live guitars) and modify it with Groove, Audio Drums and Live Guitars , tested and saved as a different one. I have been able to create some beautiful ones (at least for my taste).

9- Ketron have a great product in the Audya, but they need to improve support. My feeling is that Yamaha and Korg are working to close the gap. I don't think that they will use Audio parts on their next releases, but the rumor mill is about High Definition MIDI. We will see.

10- Ketron should enlist a company like MIDISPOT to help in creating song related styles and new styles. It will help in a big way to the spread the use of the Audya.

11- The LATIN styles some are good, but some others (the majority) are bad. A lot of people report that this is one of the strong points of Ketron, but I least the Audya styles for cumbia, merengue, salsa, etc, are no very good ones.

12- No question that the Audya have operational (OS) and hardware issues, but I think that affect a minority of owners. A LOT of negative reports are due to a lack of knowlege (in part because the Users Manual is a no very helpful) and users errors.

Finally, I wish to express my thanks to AJ, TonyH, Tonewheeldude, necdetdoni and DonM for providing help and tips when needed.



[This message has been edited by Machetero (edited 08-24-2010).]
_________________________
Machetero

Top
#36171 - 08/24/10 11:35 AM Re: Sharing the Good News
leezone Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 06/24/08
Posts: 3097
Quote:
Originally posted by Machetero:

11- The LATIN styles some are good, but some others (the majority) are bad. A lot of people report that this is one of the strong points of Ketron, but I least the Audya styles for cumbia, merengue, salsa, etc, are no very good ones.



machetero, with all due respect

are you Latin? dominican? puerto rican? columbian?
do you play Latin music?

if you think the AUDYA's Latin section is not good, is bad,
then you MUST say that Korg's , Roland's, Yamaha's Latin styles are ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE,

seriously, AUDYA's Latin styles are the MOST authentic of ANY arranger.
any real LATIN player will tell you this.

have you heard let's say the Cumbia or Merengue from the Roland G-70?
a joke my friend :-)

just my $0.02

Top
#36172 - 08/24/10 11:50 AM Re: Sharing the Good News
Tony Hughes Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 01/30/06
Posts: 3930
Quote:
Originally posted by Machetero:
I will like to share my opinion about the Audya and OS release 4.1B. Still I have very limited knowledge about the OS and have no used all the functions, no I understand in some case the use some of them.

1- Upgrade from the PEN drive went smooth.

2- All function working as expected. No issues with left voices that I know so far. The HD some times is noise. Trying to make a backup just in case.

3- The sounds are good, no as good as in other arrangers like the Korg PA2x/PA800 or the Tyros 3. Sounds are better when you play it in PROGRAM mode. So far the worst for for me are the trumpet ones.

4- STYLES are great !!. Best of any arrangers. One of the best features of the Audya is that the styles can be used to play different types of music; they tend to be use in a more generic way than others KBs.

5- MIDI, MP3 and WAV players are very good. Lyrics display is mediocre at least. They can do better; like better fonts, colors and backgrounds.

6- I wish that the Audya have implemented what in Korg KBs are called PADS (Tyros have it implemented too). I miss those a lot.

7- The Audya is very easy to use. Another great feature. Registration, Style View, etc, are great.

8- Another great feature is the way that we are able to take a "regular" style (no audio Drums or Live guitars) and modify it with Groove, Audio Drums and Live Guitars , tested and saved as a different one. I have been able to create some beautiful ones (at least for my taste).

9- Ketron have a great product in the Audya, but they need to improve support. My feeling is that Yamaha and Korg are working to close the gap. I don't think that they will use Audio parts on their next releases, but the rumor mill is about High Definition MIDI. We will see.

10- Ketron should enlist a company like MIDISPOT to help in creating song related styles and new styles. It will help in a big way to the spread the use of the Audya.

11- The LATIN styles some are good, but some others (the majority) are bad. A lot of people report that this is one of the strong points of Ketron, but I least the Audya styles for cumbia, merengue, salsa, etc, are no very good ones.

12- No question that the Audya have operational (OS) and hardware issues, but I think that affect a minority of owners. A LOT of negative reports are due to a lack of knowlege (in part because the Users Manual is a no very helpful) and users errors.

Finally, I wish to express my thanks to AJ, TonyH, Tonewheeldude, necdetdoni and DonM for providing help and tips when needed.

[This message has been edited by Machetero (edited 08-24-2010).]


Go and look in PROGRAM.
_________________________
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Top
#36173 - 08/24/10 12:16 PM Re: Sharing the Good News
Machetero Offline
Member

Registered: 08/21/09
Posts: 352
Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
machetero, with all due respect

are you Latin? dominican? puerto rican? columbian?
do you play Latin music?

if you think the AUDYA's Latin section is not good, is bad,
then you MUST say that Korg's , Roland's, Yamaha's Latin styles are ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE,

seriously, AUDYA's Latin styles are the MOST authentic of ANY arranger.
any real LATIN player will tell you this.

have you heard let's say the Cumbia or Merengue from the Roland G-70?
a joke my friend :-)

just my $0.02



I am from Dominican Republic (Merengue country).
Let me correct my post. The MAJORITY of the Latin styles are no that bad.
The Bachatas styles are good, but the ones for Merengue, Salsa and Cumbia could be a lot better.
The Korg PA2x/PA800 have a couple of Merengue styles that are very good. Yamaha's are bad. Don't know much about the Roland G-70.

Tony,

I will try more sounds in the PROGRAM mode. Hope to find some gems there.


[This message has been edited by Machetero (edited 08-24-2010).]
_________________________
Machetero

Top
#36174 - 08/24/10 12:44 PM Re: Sharing the Good News
leezone Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 06/24/08
Posts: 3097
Machetero

you quoted me, but forgot your response

Top
#36175 - 08/24/10 01:42 PM Re: Sharing the Good News
leezone Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 06/24/08
Posts: 3097
Machetero,

maybe you can convert those good ones from Korg to AUDYA,

or make your own

i would be very interested, as i too, play cumbia, merengue, etc

if you have those good ones from Korg
please send them to me,
i'll convert them for you to Ketron format
you then can work on them more when in AUDYA

musiclee at msn dot com

Top
#36176 - 08/24/10 01:55 PM Re: Sharing the Good News
Machetero Offline
Member

Registered: 08/21/09
Posts: 352
Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
Machetero,

maybe you can convert those good ones from Korg to AUDYA,

or make your own

i would be very interested, as i too, play cumbia, merengue, etc

if you have those good ones from Korg
please send them to me,
i'll convert them for you to Ketron format
you then can work on them more when in AUDYA

musiclee at msn dot com



Leezone,

I will start to collect the styles from the Korg PA series and e-mail it to you.

What you use for conversion? EMC ?
I have been thinking to order that software, but I have been wanting for the Audya module.
_________________________
Machetero

Top
#36177 - 08/24/10 03:41 PM Re: Sharing the Good News
leezone Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 06/24/08
Posts: 3097
yes EMC,
no need for you to buy

just send me the latin styles you need converted

i'll convert and send back to you in Ketron format

i did this to alot of my Roland G-70 styles
and now i use them in my Ketron XD3

[This message has been edited by leezone (edited 08-24-2010).]

Top
#36178 - 08/25/10 09:04 AM Re: Sharing the Good News
Ketron_AJ Offline
Moderator

Registered: 03/21/01
Posts: 3143
Loc: Middletown, DE
Machetero,

Thanks for your review on our Ketron AUDYA with the SOUND update. We will definatly look into some of your proposals.

In the meantime, with regards to point #6, we have a feature Arp&Lick which is embedded within the STYLE VIEW section - Chord 4. For any style, you can use Chord 4 to play the Midi Arrangement of that style or select it (by pressing twice) and in Arp&Lick mode, it now acts as a PAD (from other Arrangers) where you can scroll through different "PAD" arrangements - pretty good licks there for you to consider - and these parts change with the chords played too.

With regards to our voices, most of our 'Rich' voices are within the PROGAM mode (as you might have discovered). It's also in this mode where many features e.g range of sounds, velocity of reaction, steel bend ... etc are implemented too. Have a look at some of these.

We definately will improve on some of the other features and that's the good thing about the AUDYA series, it's open for more improvement!

Thanks.

AJ
_________________________
[KETRON - USA]
Design Engineer & Product Specialist.
www.KetronAmerica.com

Top
#36179 - 08/25/10 11:18 AM Re: Sharing the Good News
KK-Studio Offline
Junior Member

Registered: 08/13/10
Posts: 30
Loc: Sweden
AJ,

Is it possible in the future that we can mix/blend the stock voices in program edit? Not just the GM voices....

This is very odd to me that you can only mix the GM voices.

/KK

Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 



Help keep Synth Zone Online