SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#357125 - 12/20/12 05:48 PM Re: ABSOLUTE MAGI C, must have !!!! [Re: john smies]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
No, I know nothing about the BCF2000, Nigel, so I will no longer post on this thread.

Thanks,

Ian

#357134 - 12/20/12 08:39 PM Re: ABSOLUTE MAGI C, must have !!!! [Re: ianmcnll]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
No, I know nothing about the BCF2000, Nigel, so I will no longer post on this thread.

Thanks,

Ian

I am not trying to discourage you from posting at all. You know you are welcome to post about the useability of onboard sliders on the Yamaha keyboards you use. That was how the discussion on the G70 started in the first place.

#357137 - 12/20/12 08:58 PM Re: ABSOLUTE MAGI C, must have !!!! [Re: john smies]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I know you aren't, Nigel...thanks for the explanation...much appreciated. I know I tend to "drift" a bit sometimes. blush

That's one of many reasons why I am keeping my Tyros4...the sliders, though not perfect, are very handy (especially cool for organ drawbar control)...I suspect they will end up, in some form or another, on the mid-range PSR in the not so distant future.

Overall, it is the T4's "sound" (especially the SA/SA2) that made me want it as a "keeper".

My biggest gripe about the Tyros4 and some of the PSR is the location of the effect variation button (it's on the far upper right) and I am pretty well forced to use a foot-switch to change rotary speed when using the organ flutes (drawbar section).

Otherwise, the T4 is basically perfect for my needs.

Ian

#357151 - 12/21/12 12:31 AM Re: ABSOLUTE MAGI C, must have !!!! [Re: ianmcnll]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Ian,
I know ( as we all do here on SZ) that you and the Tyros 4 are a match made in heaven. And I truly pleased for you as you should know by now. You are forgiven for drifting off, also due to Diki's contribution on the G70 but I am grateful to Nigel for pointing out the subject of this thread. Like him I am looking forward to folks who have actually acquired one and their experiences. This weekend I am going to sort out the drums on the PA800 via the Behringer. Will keep you all posted.

regards,
John

#358126 - 01/07/13 12:24 PM Re: ABSOLUTE MAGI C, must have !!!! [Re: john smies]
chasbee Offline

Loc: Bristol UK.
John, I’ve been quite interested in your original post regarding the Behringer BCF2000 and the comments from this forum and the PSR tutorial forum. In particular, I was interested in talk of a tablet App. To control a midi keyboard. I have a pa600 and an ipad 3, so this seems to be the best way to go at the moment. To connect an ipad to a midi keyboard (for those who don’t know), you need a Camera Connection Kit (you don’t have to use apple’s expensive kit because you can buy one for about £4 or about 6 US Dollars. I have a cheapo, Shinntto), and a USB to Midi interface cable. Once again, a cheap one about £2 or £3 will do the trick. From the online Apple store, I bought and downloaded an App called, “Midi Designer Pro”. It costs £13.49 in the UK and $18.99 in the US and Probably about 16 Euros in Holland. If you want to check your Ipad to Midi keyboard connections before buying this App, you can download a free app for ipad called “Midi Monitor”. This app will tell you if your ipad is talking to your midi keyboard okay. Midi Designer Pro appears to control my pa600 with no problems (so far). With this App, you design your own sliders, Knobs and buttons etc, and you can place as many as the available space will allow, with lots of different banks and pages and combinations. Of course, this App will also control your software DAW if you prefer. If anyone is using this App, I’m sure it would be worth hearing about. I’m fairly new to Midi so I have only scratched the surface as yet.
I should add (again, for those who don’t know) that not all USB to Midi interfaces are suitable for connecting an Ipad to a Midi keyboard. I also have a Focusrite Saffire 6 USB interface which is not suitable because of it’s drivers, so a cheap one with no drivers to load, or a dedicated ipad interface is best. Also, there is a lite version of midi designer which is free.
P.S. This post was lost in the early January meltdown, so I’ve reposted it.

#358187 - 01/08/13 01:04 AM Re: ABSOLUTE MAGI C, must have !!!! [Re: chasbee]
john smies Offline

Hi Chasbee,

Sounds like a very interesting option to explore, be it with lots of caveats. But if you already have an ipad it might be well worth going down this track.
I would like to add that I bought the Behringer BCF secondhand for 75 euros and that it does not need any software etc. but handles admirably and with real ( and substantial sliders) and knobs. To the best of my knowledge two folks that I know have one on order so I will wait and ask them for their reports later on. Personally I am still puzzled by the seemingly lack of interest in this contraption. For all those in the USA , zzzsounds have them in stock with a 30 day trial period !!!

regards
John

#360188 - 02/03/13 02:03 AM Re: ABSOLUTE MAGI C, must have !!!! [Re: john smies]
john smies Offline

just had this mail from someone in Finland:

Hi John!

I have to thank you for making me aware of the BCF2000.
I got one last month and it is amazing what you can do with
it regarding automation in the setup.

I have attached a document explaining my setup with
the BCF2000 and Korg Pa2XPro and my other instruments.

I hope you like it.

Regards Tom Törnroos

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online