SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#360067 - 02/01/13 12:13 PM Four foot switch controller SZ-FC2
Bert Aarts Offline

Loc: Breda, The Netherlands
I just bought a second hand SZ-FC2. The KN7 manual shows for what functions this can be used. I think I will use it for start/stop, PM incr, PM decr and sustain. I wonder for what functions other owners use these for?
Bert

#360082 - 02/01/13 03:19 PM Re: Four foot switch controller SZ-FC2 [Re: Bert Aarts]
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
See the discussion at the second item on this page.

http://www.home.no/gunnar-jonny/bobs/letters.htm

I am not a pianist so I don't use a sustain pedal. I have the FC-2 set left to right, Fill 1, Fill 2, PM Decr, PM Incr. I use Foot Switch 1 for Start/Stop most of the time but for some songs use it for glide. Foot Switch 2 is set for Intro/Ending 1.

There is no right or wrong way. Each of us has different needs. But, in my opinion, Technics is the most versitile of all keyboard brands with foot switches.

#360085 - 02/01/13 04:49 PM Re: Four foot switch controller SZ-FC2 [Re: Bert Aarts]
Dave L. Offline

Hello Bert,

There are over 40 different things that can be assigned to the
4 pedal setup.
Actually I have made a 6 pedal setup which we use all the time
Made from an old Farfisa Base pedal assembly
The ones I use are glide
panelmemory up
Panel memory down
start rhythm
Sustain
Whatever you select they are saved every time you save to the SD Card or Floppy so you can have a different set-up for any of your playing songs etc.

ie. you may want a fill-in or a technicord etc. on a special song .

You can't mess and thing up as when you initialise the K7 it will always revert to the factory 4 settings.

Hope this gives you an insite to the benifits that are there for you to use./

Dave L.

#360108 - 02/02/13 03:57 AM Re: Four foot switch controller SZ-FC2 [Re: Bert Aarts]
Bert Aarts Offline

Loc: Breda, The Netherlands
Thanks for the answers. I played with it and found that my most usefull setting is the one that Bob uses: Fill 1, Fill 2, PM decr, PM incr.
Bert

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online