SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#358697 - 01/14/13 12:04 PM Guitarcenter.com Online Used Section.?.?.?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Has anyone here used, bought from, or heard stories (good and bad) regarding Guitar Center's online section for used gear?

Today I took a look at the keyboards and was shocked to see a good selection of "oldie-but-goodie" boards on there for very reasonable prices.

I've got a few that I'm keeping an eye on, but have never purchased used gear from them. I would "assume" that considering it's a music retailer.., that the gear is properly checked for functionality prior to posting it for sale.

Edited by squeak_D (01/14/13 12:05 PM)
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#358701 - 01/14/13 01:38 PM Re: Guitarcenter.com Online Used Section.?.?.? [Re: squeak_D]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Guitar players I know say they have actually found some good deals and a good buying experience.

#358703 - 01/14/13 03:22 PM Re: Guitarcenter.com Online Used Section.?.?.? [Re: squeak_D]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Guitar Center takes trade-ins on various musical instruments, amps and accessories. They closely inspect each and every piece of equipment when it comes in for trade-in, and usually give that person a great deal. Additionally, at least at one time, they offered to match Internet prices.

I would have no qualms purchasing used gear from them,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#358707 - 01/14/13 05:11 PM Re: Guitarcenter.com Online Used Section.?.?.? [Re: squeak_D]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Here are a few of my experiences with Guitar Center..Just to name 4 deals...I purchased a new Korg Triton Studio 76, at more than 50 percent off dealer cost..(UD got the other one).Just can not figure out why..
I purchased a new EMU X-Board 61 less than 50 percent of dealer cost...

I purchased a new Traynor K-4 at 50 percent of dealer cost, (new)..
And I purchased a Roland A-33 at 25% of dealer cost..

And on the other side of the coin..they sit on over priced used gear for 3-4 years..Turn down realistic offers...than after a few years dump the product for next to nothing..Go figure!!!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online