SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#358331 - 01/09/13 06:47 AM Who Needs Arrangers?
BBBB Offline

done

Edited by BBBB (09/03/18 08:27 AM)

#358339 - 01/09/13 08:06 AM Re: Who Needs Arrangers? [Re: BBBB]
Dnj Offline

Very interesting,...little by little there will be more & more programs like this and ones we wouldn't imagine in years to come to compose music..headphone It's the wave of the future.

#358342 - 01/09/13 08:50 AM Re: Who Needs Arrangers? [Re: BBBB]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
How's the key feel? smile

#358343 - 01/09/13 08:54 AM Re: Who Needs Arrangers? [Re: BBBB]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
smile

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#358358 - 01/09/13 12:38 PM Re: Who Needs Arrangers? [Re: travlin'easy]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Still no 76 keys.It's probably Yamaha.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#358363 - 01/09/13 01:26 PM Re: Who Needs Arrangers? [Re: BBBB]
Dnj Offline

Judging By the replies it's funny how no one is open to new technology. Let's face it in today's high tech world of music composition there are so many ways to create music. I Know us old dogs don't want to learn new tricks, but it's here to stay and changing all the time. Although I don't own an iPad I personally thought it was a cool new idea.AS with any of these new fangled inventions there's has to be some form of musical knowledge also to make it all come together.

#358392 - 01/09/13 07:26 PM Re: Who Needs Arrangers? [Re: BBBB]
Dnj Offline

#358674 - 01/14/13 07:59 AM Re: Who Needs Arrangers? [Re: BBBB]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I thought at least this forum was populated by people old enough to think that moving samples around of OTHER people's music was nothing to do with playing music...

Guess not.

#358719 - 01/14/13 08:52 PM Re: Who Needs Arrangers? [Re: BBBB]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
When this trend toward making music using advanced technology made it possible for everyone to be a composer or a live musician or a Karaoke singer overnight, I initially became very concerned. Now I welcome the trend. You see, the more 'robo-music" there is out there, the more real musicians (who studied their craft for years and have enough sense to play songs with actual melodies to them) will suddenly become very attractive to have around.

And a bonus, which I'm experiencing already. People are fascinated watching a keyboard player do his stuff......LIVE! They don't see that much anymore.

This is a world of guitar "strummers" and Garage Band players now, and we should be quick to say......"bring them on." The more "strummers" and technology geeks there are on the scene, the more folks are going to be mesmerized when they get to see a live keyboardist for a change.

At the very least, it's a breath of fresh air for many listeners in today's lop-sided world of music. Guitarists are a dime a dozen, outnumbered only by fast food restaurants, and technology is everywhere . Keyboardists are becoming extinct. But that might be good. The fewer there are, I like to think the more they will be in demand, even if only as a circus act (whatever pays the bills!).

That's the romantic side of me. On the other hand, unfortunately, I'm a realist. Diki wrote a while ago about today's young people wanting and accepting "mediocre" music and music-making machines as it gives them the feeling that they too can become "stars" overnight by just pressing buttons and making noise (paraphrased)......as compared to.....spending years learning to play as the great 70's rock bands did. Each group had a personality and craftsmen expressed themselves through instruments and not through an Ipad. There were 48 flavors of music then. Today there's only vanilla!

It will be interesting to see which way this whole thing goes. Will machines play music or will humans?

#358742 - 01/15/13 03:12 AM Re: Who Needs Arrangers? [Re: BBBB]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
The same happened in the late 80s early 90s when technology allowed you to press a button to create a musical phrase, however by the mid-90s it had gone out of fashion as people got bored of somebody just pushing buttons and not being able to see them play it live.

The same will probably occur with the easy play stuff out now, unfortunately like the late 80s early 90s we will once again have a generation that no nothing about music.

Bill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online