SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 14 of 31 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 30 31 >
Topic Options
#356102 - 12/08/12 10:30 AM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Originally Posted By: Ketron_AJ
SteveB,

First of all, congratulations on your purchase of the KETRON AUDYA product - an instrument I believe will bring you years of fine music indeed.

Now to answer your questions ....

1) Noticed that certain styles only allow a certain range of tempo. In other words you cannot bring the tempo above, let's say, 160. Can that be overwritten?
>>>AJ:- No (unless you EDIT the style in PATTERN EDIT and remove the AUDIO DRUMS). The reason being that these styles use AUDIO DRUMS which can only be stretched by about 30% above and below the original recorded BMP before it looses quality in the Audio Drums. With the AJAMSONIC package option installed, we've provided (in the Remix styles group) the same style (for an example) but where the AUDIO drums were recorded at higher and lower BPM. This allows you to have (8Beat1a, 8Beat1b, 8Beat1c) where between all 3 styles you have a wider BMP range from 40 to say 240 as each one picks off where the other ends ... hope this makes sense?

2) When you want to choose a voice while playing live, as soon as you select the voice family, it automatically selects the first voice on the list or the last voice you used. Is there any way to force the keyboard not to select the new voice until you actually choose it like the Korg (The Tyros seems to work like the Ketron)? Sometimes I don't want the last voice I used in that category.
>>>AJ:- Yes. This default selection (Voice Select MODE = 2 above) is what most of our players prefer. You can however choose (MENU - KEYBOARD CONTROL - UTILITY - VOICE SELECT MODE =1) where the voice gets selected ONLY after you select (using F1-F10) the actual voice - great for when playing live and you are 'searching' for a voice and don't want your audience to 'hear you ' search.
These kinds of features, and functions are elaborately explained in our 3+hrs DVD tutorial available to all. We take you step by step showing you the why, when, where and explaining all features (as of 4.0b).

3) Does the Audya 5 have anything like "Pads" that you find on the Tyros and Korg PA's? The Pads really help when you want to add a little extra to style on the fly.
>>>AJ:- No. However with the AJAMSONIC package you have ARPS and PAD/SYNTH sounds which you can assign to the LOWER VOICE on the fly (in STYLE VIEW MODE) and use just as you have PADS in other manufacturers. The good thing about these are they follow your chords as you change while you play! You can change their octave, volume, effects, pan ... etc ... all on the fly. The factory Arps (STYLE VIEW - CHORD 4) can only be used with the ARRANGER/STYLE ENGINE.

We are working on organizing some workshops in the NJ/NY area and will keep you posted on dates and times.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

#356103 - 12/08/12 10:34 AM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: dreamer85
Hello

I have finally buy my Audya4 with memory RAM and the PEN DRIVE STYLES & SOUNDS UPGRADE 2011.

But one of new styles "with dots" is CORRUPT...

How is possible to solve the problem?

The manual of PenDrive dont have reference to UNINSTAL or REINSTALL...

Thanks

dreamer85,

Delete the AUDY442c.mem file as this is obviously a beta version of this software. You shouldn't have two *.mem files in the root directory at any time.

Then re-install the existing OS (turn AUDYA4 off, press and hold F10 and Unplugged together as you turn on the AUDYA 4 and release buttons 5 seconds later.

This should put things back in prospective for you.

Thanks,

AJ

#356104 - 12/08/12 10:37 AM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: leezone
i hear great things about Korg's songbook

what is so special about Korg's and how does it compare to Ketron's registrations?

what are main differences?

what can Korg's songbook do that Ketron's can't but should do?

perhaps AJ, Ketron should improve theirs in the next OS?

.. And this can also be done on the Audya ... With BLOCK Registrations ... Assigning registrations, mp3, wave, style, voice, effects, DJ loops and text to the screen's F1-F10 for instant selection. The power of Audya really comes to life when you use a Registration (single) within a registration ( block)!

#356105 - 12/08/12 10:44 AM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: gruhs
I want to arrange 3-4 right hand instrument voices in the Audya somehow so I can move up and down through them using my 13 pedal foot switches as I play. Programming the foot switch to do this I know how, but within the Audya 4 I can't figure out how to set this up with for example: a guitar, a sax, a piano, and maybe a string sound. These are all in different "families" in the Audya and being an accordion player I can't easily quit playing while I reach over to the Audya and punch some buttons.
Any ideas? I've read the manual an don't seem to find this explanation.

Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
The easiest would be to create a voice list. Then use the Voice Up and Voice Down options on your tabs or foot switches.

Voice list is on page 101 of online user guide.

I always recommend using the PDF manual from ketron.it is always up to date and you can use the 'find' feature of your pdf reader software.

Originally Posted By: Bernie9
I agree

I have several voice lists under different buttons. You don't have to the same families as the button. You can include programs, and you can make custom programs by editing them to anything you want.

also there are two types of voice list "User Voice List" is different to the standard Voice List and you can have as many as you like - always stored in the effects/sfx tab, where as voicelist is one big block using all the normal voice buttons.

You need to download the PDF manual from ketron.it as I already mentioned. its on page 101. Once you have done that change the footswitch to voice up voice down from Menu -> keyboard control.

Gruhs

Those voicelist entries are only suggestions taken from PIANO e.g.,or any other family tab found in the main list without the voicelist on.

It might be better to take TWD's suggestion, and make the lists from "Effects/sfx" if you don't want to disturb the other tab lists. Everyone has their own preferences.

Thanks Bernie - Did you know you can make a style call up a User Voice List automatically?

#356106 - 12/08/12 10:46 AM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: ricardo
Hello all! Good morning!

Does anybody know if itīs possible to have any fill in or break with more than one measure ??

Iīm asking this because i create a new style from the scratch, then a choose directly the fill in, i try to change the measure for fill in but it seems to be locked. I canīt change from nothing different from 1 ...

I Would be pleasured if someone could help me ..

Regards,
Ricardo

Originally Posted By: andreurivero
There is a diferent way to put two measures of FILL IN in only one, is change the tempo of the pattern, if the pattern's tempo is 120 BPM if you change the tempo to 60 one bar of measure will be two.

There is a songpattern of KETRON, the song Y.M.C.A., the real tempo of the song is 120 BPM, but the tempo of the style is 60 BPM, when you play the FILL IN the keyboard plays the solo drums and after the orchestral cuts,(before of "IT'S FUN TO STAY AT THE Y.M.C.A.) two bars in only one FILL IN,(the same is two differents FILL IN of one bar).

Regards

This is a smart solution! However the only draw back would be the bpm of corresponding Audio drums (if any were used in original style) which you cannot simply divide by 2...., else this works.

Thanks,

#356276 - 12/10/12 05:44 AM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

a Note to all using AJs AJAMSONIC upgrade: Until further instructions by AJ, these styles cannot be backed up, even if you should try.

To avoid any disappointment, you should follow AJs advice below:

Henni,

I will email you the style set once more.

If you make a modification to a style

1. SAVE the modification under a new Style name (maybe even just add a 1 to the end of the style name) so it saves in the HD as a new styles while leaving the original un-altered.

2. Get out of STYLE - VIEW to your default screen.

3, Set up the keyboard and pick that new/altered style.

4. Now save to a REGISTER.

When next you call up the REGISTER, it will call up the new/modified style. The original AJAMSONIC style will remaind un-altered and can be modified again to create another spin off.

Sorry for the extra step/pain Hennie, but your suggestion will be considered in our future updates!

AJ :-(

I would recommend you do this for EVERY new AJAMSONIC style first, before you start to use these. Create another copy of every style and save starting with with a "&_" so that they are listed seperately.

Then do not so much as tamper with any of the original styles. I'm sure AJ will kindly replace any mishaps as in my case, but this will save you much frustration in the end.

#357347 - 12/22/12 11:15 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: Henni
Hi Bill,

You can do one of three things for each track:

1. You can select it, change the voice, volume or all the other normal midi things. The voices can be onboard midi, or INS (the new super solo sampled extra voices), which uses much more RAM. Mine, without the extra RAM, can hold roughly 18 of these voices.

2. You can double click the track. Now you have access to the audio & arps&lick libraries. This applies for EVERY single track. Now you can use the wheel to scroll through the HUGE data base until you find something to your liking. Then you replace the midi part with that. Should you later change your mind, simply double click on it again & your original last selected midi part is back.

3. You can change the effects for each little section above, also different for each part, right on the fly, same as you select the different parts.

You can have audio drums, midi drums and two different combinations of groove drum loops playing either individually, or even together if you wish...

This is AWESOME!!! And so easy, even a child can do it. And remember, ALL of the above apply to every single track of the style, for every variation, fill, break, intro & ending individually. You can have different parts assigned to each one of those seperately. Variation 1 can have midi, variation 2 audio and so on...

I do not believe any other arranger out there can do the same.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

#358056 - 01/06/13 08:36 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: Dusan
After updating on my Audya with the latest OS on my root directory is two Fir files.

One is: 3308FW04.fir
Second is:_3308FW04.fir

The same things is with TAB files

One is: ALLTABS.TAB
Second is:_ALLTABS.TAB

Wich one is corect file, or must be both?

Thank you

Originally Posted By: orla
Hej Dusan!

You can delete "_3308FW04.fir" and all files, that start with "_" (underscore). That type of files (in AUDYA) are the same as
a *.bak - file in your PC. If there are more of them it can slow
down you AUDYA.

Thank you

Orla (DK)

#358057 - 01/06/13 08:39 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Has anyone used the song finder Henni found on the German site? I haven't installed it yet, as I don't know what it will do my present registration order, if anything. Does it appear as a separate sub-folder?

Hi Bernie,

I make regular backups of my "registry/singles" folder as for me, this is the MOST important folder on all of my Audya.

I start my own entries with "&", so they are listed before anything else. If I find a registry I like, I replace the first two characters with "&Z", so they are listed right after my own files. Every now & then I'll listen to those and choose a suitable song for them.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

Hi Henni
That sounds like a plan, thanks

Can they be loaded with a pen drive, rather than direct USB?

Hi Bernie,

It will take a loooong time to mark & even loooonger to copy. There are more than 2000 files. I'd rather go for the cable. Just put everything in your "registrations/single" folder and access through your registration button.

Such a pity they've used so many styles over & over. I'm also convinced that there's a few new styles in there. The EQ is set up FANTASTIC!!!

Keep well my friend,

Henni

#358059 - 01/06/13 08:51 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: hbinfo2001
Hi,Since I download the version 5.0 and the styles pack,in my Audya5 I have a message ``INS.Erroe``Instrument file not found press exit
Can someone help me
Thanks

It sounds as though your RBK file may be corrupt and it is looking for a non existent INS sound during the AUTOLOAD procedure when you turn on.

Are you using Ketrons default AUTOLOAD (from the 2011 update)?

If so its fairly simple to make a new RBK file by loading the two sounds from the 2011 update (thats if you even need them)and creating a new autoload, I cant do it right now but will try and look at it later.

Hi,What I have done I delete some ram ins that I did not need,there was a sound Blower Sax.ins whwn I load that sound .ins there was a terrible sound,so I whent trow all the .ins and delete but I kept them on a usb pen.
In the instrument file there is a .rbk but it is risky for me to press on .The Autoload I dont know where it is.
Now I will load the delete file .ins back,and I will see if I have this message again.
Thanks

Ok, thats easy. You must have deleted one of the tow INS sounds that are autoloaded after the 2011 update (Ital strat is one, I don't recall the other). This presumably means you do not need to autoload that sound, in which case you may as well turn it off.

Press the RAM INS button.
scroll down to the RBK file (probably UPDATE_STYLE.RBK
press the EDIT button
Press F8 to turn autoload OFF.
then I think:
press save and then custom startup.

Reboot the audya, the error should be gone. If you want to use autoload its on page 98 of the latest manual (download from ketron.it)

Hi Darren,Before your answer I load back the .ins that I have delete,when I done that there where a message (System restor please wait)I turn off and open.The message was
Loading audio resources
Ins Block autoload in progress
Loading lives guitars
So everything was ok except the Blow_Tenors r .ins=the sound was very bad so I delete it,after I reboot and its ok
Now Darren Should I press the .rbk like you told me
Thanks

No need to disable autoload now (unless you want to of course). You fixed the problem by replacing the deleted sounds.

With regards to the INS sounds, I find it much more useful to build them into a program, from there you can mix with other sounds, balance and add dsp etc.

Page 14 of 31 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 30 31 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online