Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#357812 - 12/28/12 09:28 AM Re: OLD KIT WITH NICE SOUNDS [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Yes Diki,

I agree, you need to be a good player to get a good tune out of old gear as you well know.

what?....you need to be a good player to get a good sound period, regardless of the gear. surprised

... I was SURE our friend Tony from 'across the pond' was just using his subtle 'double entendre' humor grin ... if NOT, then I apologize redface ...
grin

#357815 - 12/28/12 09:49 AM Re: OLD KIT WITH NICE SOUNDS [Re: ianmcnll]
Tony Hughes Offline

Look Guys,

Let's face it if you change your arranger for a Hammond B3 with a rhythm box, it would be hard work, Rudy Rosa sounds good will all the arrangers features turned off, would we, not so sure.
Tony take what I say with a big pinch of salt, Deane will know what our sense of humour is like, you need to come here and see!

And like you said Donny needs to give us a full blown demo with him on the new Pa3x keys, you have all seen me on the Mighty Wurlitzer, in person coming out the floor, it's his turn to put money where the mouth is. rotf2

Happy New year all you SZ nuts... Hope you main man can sort out all the money problems you have in 2013.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#357840 - 12/28/12 01:05 PM Re: OLD KIT WITH NICE SOUNDS [Re: Tony Hughes]
Dnj Offline

I need to get some gold ID bracelets also wink .........

#357845 - 12/28/12 01:54 PM Re: OLD KIT WITH NICE SOUNDS [Re: Dnj]
Tony Hughes Offline

Donny,

Yes a full blown demo with the gold bracelets cool2
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#357863 - 12/28/12 03:53 PM Re: OLD KIT WITH NICE SOUNDS [Re: Tony Hughes]
Dnj Offline

The only piece of jewelry I wear is my wedding band.And I definitely refuse to DYE my hair!! surprised

Edited by Dnj (12/28/12 03:55 PM)

#357869 - 12/28/12 08:38 PM Re: OLD KIT WITH NICE SOUNDS [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The only piece of jewelry I wear is my wedding band.And I definitely refuse to DYE my hair!! surprised

Donny, I've been dying my hair for 20 years - it doesn't hurt a bit and I'm sure Nancy will be the first to tell you that you NEED the hair-do. And don't give me that crap about how white hair makes you look distinguished - it makes you look extinguished! Give it a try - you won't regret it.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#357871 - 12/28/12 09:24 PM Re: OLD KIT WITH NICE SOUNDS [Re: travlin'easy]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy

Donny, I've been dying my hair for 20 years - it doesn't hurt a bit and I'm sure Nancy will be the first to tell you that you NEED the hair-do. And don't give me that crap about how white hair makes you look distinguished - it makes you look extinguished! Give it a try - you won't regret it.

Gary cool

Hell Gary,

Won't take much dye to dye your hair will it, I love the extinguished bit, you are using my material Gary, you can tell how old Donny is by the songs he plays, the mp3s could be any age. rotf2

#357875 - 12/29/12 12:06 AM Re: OLD KIT WITH NICE SOUNDS [Re: Dnj]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA

I stopped dying my hair when it got to the point it just started looking fake.

I didn't want to end up looking like it had been drawn on with a sharpie pen like John Travolta.

Attachments
r-JOHN-TRAVOLTA-OLIVIA-NEWTONJOHN-large570.jpg

#357876 - 12/29/12 01:27 AM Re: OLD KIT WITH NICE SOUNDS [Re: Diki]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: Diki
Nope... just proof that superior musicianship trumps whatever dated sounds they might be playing on...

That is so very true. All legendary recordings were made using outdated technology proving it is only the musicianship that really matters.

#357880 - 12/29/12 02:24 AM Re: OLD KIT WITH NICE SOUNDS [Re: Nigel]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Originally Posted By: Nigel

I stopped dying my hair when it got to the point it just started looking fake.

I didn't want to end up looking like it had been drawn on with a sharpie pen like John Travolta.

hmm reminds me of something I used to play with when I was aged 7

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online