SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#35750 - 07/23/10 11:55 AM Midjay Plus Voice question?
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Hello,
Can someone tell me how to access lead voices in banks A, B, and C so that I can save the lead voice in a midi file and/or registration? I am particularly interested in the Steeldrum voice in Bank A. I can access and save it for any track in the midi file, but accessing it to change the lead voice has me stumped. Thanks.
Ciao,
Jerry

#35751 - 07/23/10 07:40 PM Re: Midjay Plus Voice question?
moldmaker Offline

Loc: Illinois
Hi Jerry,
You said: "I can access and save it for any track in the midi file, but accessing it to change the lead voice has me stumped."
I'm not quite sure if I understand your question correctly. I just experimented with one of my midi files & put in program change 115 at the beginning of the lead track. The lead track played using the steeldrum as it's instrument. In order to change it to another instrument, you have to insert the corresponding instrument program change number into the track that you are trying to access.
Wally

#35752 - 07/24/10 05:37 AM Re: Midjay Plus Voice question?
Jerry T Offline

Hello Wally,
Thanks for your reply. By going to 'voice' then 'edit', I can change the lead for for that particular midi. I want to trigger the voice with my controller. I should have asked; how do I customize the presets and get the Steeldrum or whatever into the presets so that I can call it up from the controller, or from the module for that matter, when I need that voice?
Thanks again.
Ciao,
Jerry

#35753 - 07/24/10 03:14 PM Re: Midjay Plus Voice question?
moldmaker Offline

Loc: Illinois
Hey Jerry,
You have to activate the Voice Button. You'll see a preset list with 64 voices available. You can change that list to voices that you would like by first moving the cursor to the voice that you would like to change, then hit the edit button. Now you can scroll through the list of voices available until you get to the voice you want to put in that position of presets, let's say you chose Steeldrum, make your necessary changes (volume, octave, pan, etc) then press save & name it Steeldrum. You can do this with all 64 presets. Then from your controller you can choose the voice from the newly modified preset list that you would like to use. There is another way but you would have to have a controller that is capable of sending bank change messages in addition to program change messages.
I found it easier to modify the preset list with my favorite voices. Hope this helps. If you have any questions, I'll try to help.
Wally

#35754 - 07/25/10 07:27 PM Re: Midjay Plus Voice question?
Jerry T Offline

Thank you Wally ... Very helpful, worked great.
You're a prince.
Ciao,
Jerry

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online