SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#357132 - 12/20/12 07:26 PM Re: EMC Styleworks? [Re: Henni]
leezone Offline

Bill

have you ever played an Audya through a REAL PA system next to your "Mega" Yamaha?

i highly doubt it

i've played them all, and for ME, Audya is way ahead, no comparison

just my $0.02

#357136 - 12/20/12 08:57 PM Re: EMC Styleworks? [Re: abacus]
Ketron User Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus

BTW: The Audya cannot mimic the Yamaha Mega voices so all those styles will always be way behind the original.

If WERSI hat a Style-engine like AUDYA...
That would be a Winner..., Bill

Regards,

Carlo, with his Abacus Duo Pro and his Audya 2 X 76

#357145 - 12/20/12 11:06 PM Re: EMC Styleworks? [Re: Ketron User]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi all my friends,

I've already added audio parts to five or so of those styles to be able to play some music in the way we did before. They now sound awesome. There's not a single track in a midi style than cannot be converted to a audio part or some other highly superior loop. Robert said his new styles are all midi except for the drums - so why are you bashing me for using modified midi styles if you all waited in such anticipation for these 5 new mostly midi styles?

I've ALWAYS been into styles. You'll know that if you browse the PSR Tutorial forum. That's one thing about the Yamaha group that I miss over here. Converted & new styles are uploaded almost on a daily basis over there. I even had to start a FAQ thread myself over here as none of you cared to do so yourselves...

So, if you do not like new styles, why then the sudden CRAZE about 5 styles only from Robert??? Tell me, why do some of you own more than one arranger? To me the Audya by itself is enough... See, the argument goes both ways.

We each have our own interests. I like to modify styles, even the existing ones. To me that's a hobby & I enjoy it.

If everyone thought the same as most of you, there would be no alliehoes, AJs, Sokratis' or Roberts to name but a few.

I've never came across ANY other arranger that makes it easier to modify styles right on the fly. And now there are HUGE libraries to choose audio parts from!!!

Have you ever tried style modelling??? You do not know in the least what you are missing. This is the most AWESOME feauture on the Audya, yet hardly anyone cares to use it... Amazing, Amazing, Amazing... So why is it that you want better piano samples then, even YOU Leezone? What's wrong with the amazing ones onboard? See, you guys should start to really look at yourselves. Let me now stop herre, before I say something ugly...

You play with your onboard styles and the 5 new ones - I'll fiddle around with mine. Let's all just be happy.

Keep well all my friends,

Henni

#357148 - 12/20/12 11:49 PM Re: EMC Styleworks? [Re: Henni]
pastroccio Offline

Loc: Italia
I henny, I had style works in past. but not so good for conversion from yamaha, often the drum is very bad of course need to remix in audya. maybe my version was a little old
But I'm curious to try the last.

where is the link of new trial ? thanks

#357149 - 12/21/12 12:10 AM Re: EMC Styleworks? [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi,

Get it here. Else search Google for "EMC Styleworks XT" download. I think my version was 18MB in size & this is the one that allows batch conversions. It pretends to be illegal, but in the end it's nothing more than a demo. It will ask you to register, which off course you cannot. Then it will continue to run for a limited period only. I fully intend to register mine. I was hoping for a 2nd hand copy for a little cheaper...

It works for three days only. Yes, it's difficult to convert Mega voices, we all know that. But the majority of the conversions are okay & I replace most of the tracks in any case with audio loops. I ALWAYS add Audio drums and this takes care of all the fills. If you also add audio bass, it really helps a LOT. The rest can either be left as is or replaced with some better part.

All in all I really enjoy this program. Yes, it's no perfect magic wand, but it gives me a good start which I otherwise would not have had. I composed some songs with add on Yamaha styles before. I could not find suitable replacements for those on the Audy as as I use intros and endings as part of most of my songs. Now I've added Audio drums, bass & live guitars to those and it REALLY came alive for me.

Be aware that fret noises will be bothersome. Either replace those with guitar voices, audio parts or simply turn down the volume. Fill ins do no always work properly, but the Audio drums COMPLETELY eliminates that. Also know that not EVERYTHING will convert correctly, but MOST will.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

#357155 - 12/21/12 01:18 AM Re: EMC Styleworks? [Re: leezone]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By: leezone
Bill

have you ever played an Audya through a REAL PA system next to your "Mega" Yamaha?

i highly doubt it

i've played them all, and for ME, Audya is way ahead, no comparison

just my $0.02

Hi Leezone

Yes I have, and like all arrangers the Audya has good and bad points.

The curiosity about the audio styles and Mega voices was just that, a curiosity which Henni has answered in his posts.

Bill

#357159 - 12/21/12 02:48 AM Re: EMC Styleworks? [Re: abacus]
pastroccio Offline

Loc: Italia
probably is older version, because as I remeber actualy there is not trial version available
Style works is good for create styles from midifile
The only conversion was good many years ago, from ms60 model ecc.. that was no audio, no megavoice ecc. Now work bad
I don't know if the last version is better, as I read ther is not compatible with audya. You get style coverted.. you change the guitar with audio, you change the drum with audio= audya styles, not yamaha . then from original nothing

#357161 - 12/21/12 03:02 AM Re: EMC Styleworks? [Re: pastroccio]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

Here, let me motivate you all a bit. Two versions of the same style. The one is straight after the EMC conversion. The other is after I've tampered with it for a half an hour or so.

All done on the Audya, direct in style view mode, no midi, other program or anything else used. Just replaced, revoiced & re-volumed some parts.

Now tell me again that I'm wasting my time...

Henni

Attachments
IRISH DANCE_T2.zip (33 downloads)
IRISH_HENNI.zip (27 downloads)

#357175 - 12/21/12 05:37 AM Re: EMC Styleworks? [Re: Henni]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
If you are a little bit curious about how the yamaha megavoices are sounding with the Ketron SD2 and vArranger, you can listen it here :

http://www.varranger.com/audio/vArrangerYamahaStyles.mp3

The original discussion was here, where a french man posted some yamaha styles from his Tyros KB and mp3 recordings, and asked me to play the same styles with vArranger and Ketron SD2

http://varranger.com/vforum/index.php/topic,868.0.html

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#357178 - 12/21/12 05:58 AM Re: EMC Styleworks? [Re: Henni]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Dan

There are some weird effects with some of the voices so they don’t sound entirely natural. (Some work involved to tweak them needed me thinks)

One thing I did notice from the demo (Although hardly a surprise) is that the Ketron drums blew the drums on any Yamaha arranger clean out of the water. (Real Audio Drums excluded)

Bill

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online