SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#356621 - 12/13/12 06:07 PM Re: Buying Pa600 instead of Pa800? [Re: jac38]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
QS is meant to be live tool.You can't store it.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#356635 - 12/14/12 11:30 AM Re: Buying Pa600 instead of Pa800? [Re: jac38]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
It's possible that with an update, a CS that you create could be saved and Linked to a Performance or Songbook entry... but ONLY if you go to Korgforums and beg for it!

You could store CS's on older Roland's, but you couldn't Link them to Performances, so it was of limited value in a live situation..

But the charm of the CS, in the end, is of capturing what you JUST played... That way, if you feel like reharmonizing, or changing things up a bit one time (who hasn't? LOL) you don't get stuck with a rote Chord Sequence. TBH, I've been pushing for a re-naming of the CS for a bit now. In truth, it isn't REALLY a 'sequencer' in the sense of how most of us use that word. I like to call it the 'Third Hand'.

That seems to sum it up better!

#356672 - 12/15/12 07:42 AM Re: Buying Pa600 instead of Pa800? [Re: Diki]
jac38 Offline

Loc: Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted By: Diki
It's possible that with an update, a CS that you create could be saved and Linked to a Performance or Songbook entry... but ONLY if you go to Korgforums and beg for it!

You could store CS's on older Roland's, but you couldn't Link them to Performances, so it was of limited value in a live situation..

But the charm of the CS, in the end, is of capturing what you JUST played... That way, if you feel like reharmonizing, or changing things up a bit one time (who hasn't? LOL) you don't get stuck with a rote Chord Sequence. TBH, I've been pushing for a re-naming of the CS for a bit now. In truth, it isn't REALLY a 'sequencer' in the sense of how most of us use that word. I like to call it the 'Third Hand'.

That seems to sum it up better!

I'm sorry but either it's my lack of english skills or making musis but I don't understand you? Hope you are willing to explain. "Updare using a CS", what is CS and how whould that work and where or who do I need ta ask for it?

Regards
Jacob

#356682 - 12/15/12 09:29 AM Re: Buying Pa600 instead of Pa800? [Re: jac38]
Dnj Offline

CS refers to the chord sequencer feature.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online