SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#356233 - 12/09/12 05:23 PM OT: ... any of you ragin' cajuns ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... watch football today ??? ... GIANTS/ Aint's was interesting to say the least ... some good football, some bad football, some GREAT football ... Eli was ELIte when he had to be, Drew wasn't ...
rocker

#356241 - 12/09/12 07:46 PM Re: OT: ... any of you ragin' cajuns ... [Re: tony mads usa]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I'm very disappointed in the Saints. I think losing their coach for the year created real problems.
Dallas looked pretty good though. I'm much closer to Dallas than NO. I follow both teams so have a better chance of winning something!
DonM

#356243 - 12/09/12 07:49 PM Re: OT: ... any of you ragin' cajuns ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Sigh ... I got nothin' to watch.
frown
I'm "green" with envy.

#356245 - 12/09/12 08:13 PM Re: OT: ... any of you ragin' cajuns ... [Re: tony mads usa]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Brees holding out for a bazillion dollars killed them along with all the other things going on.

I'll be surprised if they ever find the closeness and timing they had before. It a long shot.

Being a good nine ball player has lots of concentration and so does golf. In football everyone has to be on the same page in concentrating too. The Saints have too many distractions.

It's a shame because when you have more teams playing like the Saint's have been playing for the last few years, it make the whole league more competitive and it's good for the game.

A lot has been lost. How many QB's are going to go over 5000 yards.

#356247 - 12/09/12 08:28 PM Re: OT: ... any of you ragin' cajuns ... [Re: tony mads usa]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Congrats Tony. Looks like it's Eli's time of the year. Hope RG3 isn't seriously hurt. It'll make our Division a little more exciting if the 'skins are in it and healthy.

chas

#356252 - 12/09/12 09:22 PM Re: OT: ... any of you ragin' cajuns ... [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By: cgiles
Congrats Tony. Looks like it's Eli's time of the year. Hope RG3 isn't seriously hurt. It'll make our Division a little more exciting if the 'skins are in it and healthy.

chas

I've been saying from the start of the season that RG scares me for years to come ... but he obviously can't keep taking the hits he's been taking ...
GIANTS have a big one against your Falcons next week ... hmmm Eagles, Falcons ... you got a thing about birds???

#356273 - 12/10/12 05:06 AM Re: OT: ... any of you ragin' cajuns ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

GO EAGLES!!

#356275 - 12/10/12 05:32 AM Re: OT: ... any of you ragin' cajuns ... [Re: tony mads usa]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa

I've been saying from the start of the season that RG scares me for years to come ... but he obviously can't keep taking the hits he's been taking ...

Yeah, but the Giants scare the heck out of their division rivals year after year, no matter how slow they come out of the gate. BTW, my wife 'hates' the Giants. I don't think she even knows why, just that if you've got Philly roots, you're supposed to smile . I'm not nearly so hard-core (except about the Cowgirls). It's just hard to 'hate' a dopey looking country boy like Eli. Every time they win a game (even when they dominate, like yesterday), he makes you feel like the underdog won.

Sadly, I don't think the Falcons are the team their record makes them out to be. A great receiving corp but otherwise very average. Although I like 'Matty Ice', in a dogfight to the death, I'd probably take Eli.

chas

#356286 - 12/10/12 08:20 AM Re: OT: ... any of you ragin' cajuns ... [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

chas ... I hear ya about the 'underdog' thing ... they just don't have the obnoxious cockiness of the 'Putz' here in New England ... looking at Peyton and Eli is like looking at Andy and Opie grin ... but Opie has TWO SB championships and MVP awards to Andy's one ...
And if that's LUCK ( as Larry says), than it's better to be lucky than good, and it's BEST to be GOOD and LUCKY !!! laugh2
And there aren't too many QBs I would want when the game is on the line other than Eli ...
I also understand your wife's feelings, being that I am a NY Yankees fan living in primarily Red Sux NOtion ...

#356467 - 12/12/12 12:40 AM Re: OT: ... any of you ragin' cajuns ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
My saints will be back next year... LOL

It was defense that killed them mostly this year, and after the bounty-gate scandal, losing the defensive coordinator AND head coach, some key players etc., that's hardly surprising.

TBH, Saint's offense was scoring well enough to beat just about ANY team if the defense wasn't so porous.

But if there's anything you can say about Saints fans it is, a) they are used to disappointment until fairly recently (!) and that b) they love Dem Saints no matter what!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online