SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#356289 - 12/10/12 08:35 AM Re: Maiden Voyange tonight - psr-s950 and Nano 300 [Re: tony mads usa]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.

Originally Posted By: Gary
Yep, the payscale in Paradise sucks as well. I'm told it's the same in Key West, too.

But flashing boobs are part of your pay. smile

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#356291 - 12/10/12 08:54 AM Re: Maiden Voyange tonight - psr-s950 and Nano 300 [Re: lahawk]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By: lahawk

Yep, the payscale in Paradise sucks as well. I'm told it's the same in Key West, too.

That's like throwing an anchor to a drowning man. What's he gonna do with it? smile
DonM

#356292 - 12/10/12 09:16 AM Re: Maiden Voyange tonight - psr-s950 and Nano 300 [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
One of the younger flashers and her spouse just paid me a visit on the boat. They're really nice folks from the Galvaston, TX area and headed for the Bahamas on Wednesday if the weather cooperates. They really enjoyed the two performances I got paid for, total of 6 hour of playing for $200. Well, that will take care of a weeks slip rent. wink

I've been asked by the marina management to put on a Christmas Eve performance at the marina Tiki Hut, which is pretty large and at the end of the dock. The performance will be for tips only, mainly because the City of Marathon won't pay for anything unless they have a couple months to a year of advance notice, work orders, bids, etc..., usual government stuff.

Gotta' give DonM a call,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#356311 - 12/10/12 12:38 PM Re: Maiden Voyange tonight - psr-s950 and Nano 300 [Re: DonM]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.

Originally Posted By: Larry

Originally Posted By: Don
That's like throwing an anchor to a drowning man. What's he gonna do with it? smile

HA-HA bounce laugh2 rotfl He's harmless.

Gary has gone through 3 stages in life: Drinking from boobs, staring at boobs, and growing boobs. grin

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#356651 - 12/14/12 05:45 PM Re: Maiden Voyange tonight - psr-s950 and Nano 300 [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
OK - I had the Nano out 3 times this week for Holiday parties and here's what I've decided:

1st - it sounds great. It has lots of bass, and although they are very directional, the high end is smooth and even.
2nd - it's SO lightweight .... love the load-in.
3rd - it's priced right.

Now, for the down sides:

1st - It's TOO directional. The Bose fills the room so much better and makes vocal monitoring much better.
2nd - the poles and wires take longer to setup and breakdown than the Bose tower
3rd - The price is not enough of a factor to sway me away from the Compact.

so ... my decision?
I'm keeping the Bose in the rig. I knew it was a long shot for me to be turned from the good side of the force, and my initial reaction proved to be true - I'm a BoseMAN.

I'll entertain offers on this 100%mint Nano, but it'll most likely end up as a rehearsal PA in my home studio.
For local buyers - $750 takes it with the add-on Nano Pole kit.

#356652 - 12/14/12 06:11 PM Re: Maiden Voyange tonight - psr-s950 and Nano 300 [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Wow Dave that was quick, I didn't even get a chance to hear it frown ,.....the three downsides stated above I'll agree with even though I don't like the sound any of the Bose systems and I have used them all also,....anyway I'm sure it will fill a void for a Home PA in your studio..maybe one of the other HK audio systems would be a better fit. Good luck!

#356653 - 12/14/12 06:34 PM Re: Maiden Voyange tonight - psr-s950 and Nano 300 [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
The above comparison was only for my direct Bose vs. Nano duel. If I were not a Boser, I'd probably love the Nano ... it just can't fill a room as well as the Bose can. (and I KNEW that, but I had to listen for myself)

#356654 - 12/14/12 06:43 PM Re: Maiden Voyange tonight - psr-s950 and Nano 300 [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
The above comparison was only for my direct Bose vs. Nano duel. If I were not a Boser, I'd probably love the Nano ... it just can't fill a room as well as the Bose can. (and I KNEW that, but I had to listen for myself)

Dave btw what ever happened to the QSC speakers?

#356667 - 12/15/12 05:51 AM Re: Maiden Voyange tonight - psr-s950 and Nano 300 [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Being a Bose addict and having owned many, many, many conventional sound systems over the past half century, I would be hard pressed to EVER go back to ANY conventional sound system. Thanks for the report, Dave.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#356693 - 12/15/12 03:30 PM Re: Maiden Voyange tonight - psr-s950 and Nano 300 [Re: Uncle Dave]
124 Offline

We used our Bose L1 Mod.II with Tone Match last night in what you might describe as a very large and 'awkward' room for a Christmas party of 300+ guests. The ceiling height was in the region of 60 feet and from end to end around 250 feet. Width was uniform at around 60 feet, but the room was in the sahpe of a shallow 'V'.

We were positioned at the bottom of the 'V' with half of the audience at an oblique angle behind us. To look at it, you could see a sonic disaster. But we went through our sound check and, sure as ****, the Bose didn't disappoint.

We left the gains on the TM and on the Behringer mixer in their usual positions and, apart from some top/mid/bass tweaks on the mixer, we had the master volume up to the 1 o'clock mark (it's usually around the 10:30-11 o'clock mark).

That Bose just nailed it in all parts of the room all night long. Was I surprised? Yes and no. This room was way bigger than those we normally work, and for the first time really, we came to realise just how versatile this system is.

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online