SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#353100 - 10/19/12 07:38 AM CV-Pedal with TS-10
MrQ Offline

Hi,

I have a an old Ensoniq TS-10 and want to use a CV-Pedal with it. I got a Behringer FCV100, but doesn't fit: The modulation span is only working in the first parts of the pedal way frown

I don't really understand the technical stuff of the pedals. Can anyone give me a hint? These are the specs for pedals with the TS-10:
3-conductor (Tip= control voltage input, Ring=510
ohm resistor to +5 Volts, Sleeve= ground). 36 KOhm input
impedance, DC coupled. Input voltage range=0 to 3 volts DC. Scan
rate=32mS (maximum recommended modulation input= 15 Hz). For
use with an external control voltage, use a 2-conductor cable with the
voltage on the tip and the sleeve grounded.

The Behringer pedal seems to modulate 0 to 50 kOhm. Could I somehow modify this one to make it work?

Or, what other pedal would work. Does anyone have ony experience?

Thanks and regards,
Marc

#354990 - 11/19/12 09:08 AM Re: CV-Pedal with TS-10 [Re: MrQ]
WDMcM
Unregistered

Hi Marc,

The best would be to get a hold of a FATAR CV pedal. FATAR was the supplier of accesories for ENSONIQ. This is what the TS-10 is designed to use. It is possible that the M-Audio EX-P would work but I would still think it best just to get the right device to begin with. I am pretty sure that I have several of the actual ENSONIQ CV pedals at home (I used to work for that company). I would be willing to swap you the correct pedal for the Behringer, provided you are in the U.S.

Just let me know,

Dave

#355026 - 11/19/12 11:30 PM Re: CV-Pedal with TS-10 [Re: ]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Hey Dave, haven't seen you for a while. What are you doing currently?

#355220 - 11/23/12 04:07 PM Re: CV-Pedal with TS-10 [Re: MrQ]
WDMcM
Unregistered

Hi Nigel,

Besides playing a regular Thursday night gig in downtown Cincinnati, and weekend gigs, I work at a veterinary hospital. My wife is a DVM and we opened our own practice in May of 2010. Take a look if you like- http://www.pawshospital.com

It has been kind of a culture shock going from working in the musical instrument industry to working around animals all day, but in a good way. I still peruse the forums and if something catches my eye, I'll try have some useful input.

Hope things are going well for you.

Best regards,

Dave

#355234 - 11/23/12 10:53 PM Re: CV-Pedal with TS-10 [Re: ]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Just checked out the website. So very cool. How rewarding to work for animals.

Just a few months ago my wife and I rescued a cocker spaniel called "Wally" from a local animal shelter. He is such an awesome little guy. Here I am with him.

Attachments
wallynigel.jpg

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online