SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#350397 - 09/04/12 10:29 PM Has my Audio quality improved? Video PAx3
MattyB Offline

Loc: Australia/Hong Kong
Hi guys,

Do you think the audio in this video has improved compared to my other videos? I tried a different way to record.... hope to get some feedback.

Have a great day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylem-zPNj_U&feature=plcp

#350410 - 09/05/12 04:12 AM Re: Has my Audio quality improved? Video PAx3 [Re: MattyB]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Seems a lot better. Still the lead is a hair loud, IMO, butb the quality is good.

I might have a listen to the original, if I were you. The bridge is being played half time. The tune and chords are faster in that section. Looks like you are reading the note values incorrectly. Just a thought...

#350417 - 09/05/12 06:08 AM Re: Has my Audio quality improved? Video PAx3 [Re: MattyB]
MattyB Offline

Diki thanks,

And yes I am playing the bridge half time.....i kept trying to do what was written but i kept playing it different!! I'm slowly getting there though...

#350450 - 09/05/12 03:50 PM Re: Has my Audio quality improved? Video PAx3 [Re: MattyB]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
It really helps to listen to the original (or a cover version you like) several times, until the rhythm and flow of it become second nature, and it becomes almost impossible to play it wrong!

If I can make a suggestion, if you are working with a music teacher, ask them to suggest a regimen of ear training exercises. Timing and interval recognition and repetition are the foundation of playing well. There is a lot you can do to improve your playing, that doesn't involve playing at all!

And, if you aren't working with a teacher at all, at this stage, with so many possibilities stretching before you, now might be a good time to find one again. Look perhaps for someone that teaches, but also plays popular music professionally (or semi-pro) so they understand your needs...

Keep it up!

#350469 - 09/05/12 05:37 PM Re: Has my Audio quality improved? Video PAx3 [Re: MattyB]
MattyB Offline

Diki,

Thanks for your tips.. smile

No I'm not working with anyone. I live in a new country and I really dont have time for a teacher frown It's always been my problem though with the timing.

I use to work with a great teacher years ago. He was an arranger player and we work on a cover and then help improvise a solo....But as i said I live in another country at the moment...

I will just try to keep practising as much as i can..and listen and learn by my mistakes....

#350533 - 09/06/12 01:48 PM Re: Has my Audio quality improved? Video PAx3 [Re: MattyB]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
The recording quality and balance sounds good to me. Like Diki, I would suggest listening to some of the great singers and instrumentalist interpretations of the tune. Sing along with the recording (even if you aren’t a “singer”) This is an important part of your practice and will development your ear and phrasing. Do this a lot- the great thing is you can do this anywhere. I get some of my best practice done away from my instrument. I "practice” in the car, while taking a walk… Once you can sing along with the recording, start playing along with the recording and try to imitate the singers or instrumentalist inflections/phrasing as close as possible. You will likely have to transpose to a different key than it is written in. But that’s OK because that’s good for your ear. Use the transpose button if you need to… The important thing is to strive to get your lines more musical. Give than shape, dynamics, color, phrasing… It’s great that you can read but try to put the sheet music away so you can play more freely. I work on this sort of thing every day and have been doing so most of my life and I see no end to it.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online