SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#350351 - 09/04/12 01:16 PM Re: Korg Pa600 [Re: Saswick]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Yep.... Chord Sequencer in a MOTL arranger. This is starting to look interesting.

#350363 - 09/04/12 03:01 PM Re: Korg Pa600 [Re: Saswick]
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
This is like a PA2x (minus the 76 keys) with the PA500 price.
Nice !!!!

#350367 - 09/04/12 03:35 PM Re: Korg Pa600 [Re: Saswick]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Just like the other companies...the lower and mid line , has less than stellar sounds compared to top models..

I listened to all the demos..other than a few DNC sounds..I am not impressed...Sounds like the acoustic piano, Scat, drums.. are just not cutting it... smile I didn't like my PA800 so how am I going to care about this board.... grin

I do like a touch screen, but they continue to bunch everything up on the screen..

The single player is an improvement to me..I never cared for the dual player...it was an accident waiting to happen.. smile

Still the "old" 4 effects block...never was of any use to me..

It is what it is..Korg is using up the old parts in a "new" released product....just like the MicroArranger...

If I had interest in a new Korg ...I would save my pennies (dollars)...til I could afford a PA3x....

This offering makes me glad I still have the BK5 wink

#350369 - 09/04/12 03:39 PM Re: Korg Pa600 [Re: Saswick]
Diki Offline

Machatero... with FOUR fills and a break, this is WAY beyond the PA2X. Plus the Chord Sequencer.

Some pretty significant upgraded features right there.

#350378 - 09/04/12 04:41 PM Re: Korg Pa600 [Re: Diki]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: Diki
Plus the Chord Sequencer.

Some pretty significant upgraded features right there.

JMO but I think the Chord Sequencer is one of those features that is PRICELESS if you use it and WORTHLESS if you don't. My (totally unsubstantiated) guess is that only a minority of G1000 players used it. I'd be curious to know how many of our own PA3x owners use this feature in their live playing (as on gigs). I think it's going to take a lot more education or re-education about it's potential value in live playing before it ever sees widespread use. Obviously, I could be wrong about all this.

chas

#350402 - 09/05/12 12:11 AM Re: Korg Pa600 [Re: Saswick]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

In my view the PA600 is the follow up to the PA500 with some of the PA3X technology incorporated. That still does not make it anywhere near a PA800 let alone a PA3X. But it does narrow down the line here. As from today you have the KMA for additional purposes and quickies and then the choice between 600/800 and PA3X.

However in view of what I have read so far about the new Yamaha PSR950, its price tag and differences with the preceding model the PSR910,there is another interesting consideration. Quoting George Kay that the Korg PA600 will retail at about 1000 US dollars and the PSR950 almost twice that amount it raises the question:
If you already have a Yamaha PSR910, would you want to update for that amount of money or rather keep it and add the Korg PA600 to your set up ? A legitimate question it seems to me.................

regards,
John Smies

#350408 - 09/05/12 03:56 AM Re: Korg Pa600 [Re: cgiles]
Diki Offline

Originally Posted By: cgiles
JMO but I think the Chord Sequencer is one of those features that is PRICELESS if you use it and WORTHLESS if you don't.

LOL... what feature isn't?

I think I have always said that it really rewards the better player, and has little impact on the more pedestrian. If you don't have much of a left hand, if you don't play a secondary instrument, if you aren't a bender heavyweight, if soloing freely isn't your strong point, no, it is of limited use. If you DO any or all of those things though, it is almost impossible to function at your best without it.

For jazzers, it has a great use... Play through the head, but keep the chord substitutions to a minimum. Then hit the CS, and then, while the rhythm section stays fairly straight, you can reharmonize, and get pretty outside, all the time the chord recognition is not going to go gonzo on you... Bi-tonality, whole tone stuff, basically everything you daren't play now knowing it will freak out the backing.

A million and one uses... or none at all..!

#350416 - 09/05/12 06:08 AM Re: Korg Pa600 [Re: Saswick]
Dnj Offline

None at all is for me .....I didn't use it or need it for my music on my G1000, etc,.....All features aren't useful for ALL Players....CS is no big deal, just another manufacturers Gimmick IMO, I have yet to hear someone use it with out a glitchy transition "in & out" of the CS back into live style playing,.....but, others might use it for what ever reason & enjoy it,...

Edited by Dnj (09/05/12 06:10 AM)

#350435 - 09/05/12 11:29 AM Re: Korg Pa600 [Re: Saswick]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I think Korg has done many of it's supporters a great favor by adding the Chord Sequencer to the PA-600.

No, it's not for everyone, but, if you like soloing over a bridge or verse in the tune and have complete access to mod/pitch wheels or joystick, it will be indispensable.

I remember Roland had it on the E-70, back when I was doing clinics for them, and I found it very handy...I'm not sure how intuitive the Korg Chord Sequencer is, but the one on the E-70 was seamless and very easy to use.

I agree with John Smies in that the S910 (still my favorite arranger next to the Tyros4) and the Korg PA-600 would make a great package.

Ian

#350436 - 09/05/12 12:18 PM Re: Korg Pa600 [Re: Saswick]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Have a listen to the PA800 demo's on korgpa.com then listen to the soundcloud demo's for the PA600 unless my ears deceive me they are the same demo's. The Pa2x had the same ones but they have been removed but the PA800 is still current.

Kind Regards

Col

Edited by Saswick (09/05/12 12:19 PM)

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online