SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#35001 - 04/10/10 12:37 PM Feedback on OS 4.0 / Buglist for next OS / Requests for next OS
Joe0710 Offline

Loc: South Germany
Just tested the new OS for some time, following I recognized so far:

STYLES FROM USB DEVICES
=======================

If you try now to load a style directly from a memory stick, this does not work anymore. On the display there is showing up a "N" for the style, and the style does not play. If you copy the same style on to the hard disk, the style does work. Until version 3.0 it was possible to load styles from a memory stick.
--> BUG or FEATURE AS DESIGNED?

LEGACY STYLES
=============

It is still not possible to load old legacy styles e.g. from the MS devices. (did also not work in earlier versions) It is also not possible to edit this kind of style within the style editor. I.e. I have still to use the very time consuming way via the XD3.
--> REQUEST

USER LIVE GUITAR
================

If I try to use the new feature USER LIVE GUITAR this does not work properly. It says, that it is possible to load up to for live guitars. If I want to do so and I call the directory "user live guitars" the correct dialog opens. If I then active this function and try to load User live guitars, it sometimes load this selected guitar to place 1 + 2. It looks like this:

RNB_NEW
RNB_NEW
-------
-------

You can then delete one and load others. Now it seems that it works, but if you now loading the 3rd guitar this double loading comes again. Then you delete one of them, now it looks like following (i.e. the 1st loaded guitar is missing):

------
GARAGEROCK
SOKA
------

--> BUG?

HARMONY
=======

After I installed OS4, standard harmony type was FOLK1 or FOLK2. As in earlier versions the standard harmony type was "2 HANDS" I thought, that the harmony type is also now saved with the "Custom setup". I tried to save "FULL1". After restarting the Audya it was again "2 HANDS".
I don't know if it is possible to save it with the custom setup but from my point of view it should be saved.

--> BUG, if FEATURE AS DESIGNED --> REQUEST

PATTERN EDIT
============

It seems it is not possible to copy parts from a source pattern to a destination pattern. Tried a while, but it was only possible to copy parts within a style.

--> MISSING FUNCTIONALITY? --> REQUEST

Joe

[This message has been edited by Joe0710 (edited 04-10-2010).]

#35002 - 04/10/10 01:15 PM Re: Feedback on OS 4.0 / Buglist for next OS / Requests for next OS
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
They never learn it.

#35003 - 04/10/10 03:16 PM Re: Feedback on OS 4.0 / Buglist for next OS / Requests for next OS
leezone Offline

nothing is bugfree

not Roland, not Korg, not Yamaha, not Ketron, not Microsoft, not Apple,

so lets all relax and give Ketron a chance

thanks Joe for taking the time to test and report

[This message has been edited by leezone (edited 04-10-2010).]

#35004 - 04/10/10 03:18 PM Re: Feedback on OS 4.0 / Buglist for next OS / Requests for next OS
necdetdoni Offline

Loc: Antalya / Turkey
I'd like to add some bugs/- that i found;

SCREEN
same old story..sometimes flickering..

OUTPUT ASSIGN (was same 3.0)
Choose preset1 and adjust;
Bass 3&4 stereo
OUT 1&2 DRUM adjust all drum parts to 1&2 stereo
OUT1&2 all drums 1&2..save...
than turn off and on audya
paly a style with midi drums.. ok now drums comes from 1&2 out and bass from 3&4
than play a midi..bass from 3&4 but drums comes from 1&2..
go back to output assign choose out 1&2 everything seems ok (like you saved) re adjust all drums to 1&2 stereo..then play a midi...now everything ok....

MISSING VOICES
from gitar menu
Pop_Lead and Ac_Nylon2 Smooth_Country voices are missing...

CUSTOM DRUM SET
You can not create a drum set using ROM drum kits with MSP

MIDIFILE PLAYER
After a few midi file played (10 -15) some midi channel start to wrong play

[This message has been edited by necdetdoni (edited 04-10-2010).]

[This message has been edited by necdetdoni (edited 04-10-2010).]

[This message has been edited by necdetdoni (edited 04-11-2010).]

#35005 - 04/10/10 03:49 PM Re: Feedback on OS 4.0 / Buglist for next OS / Requests for next OS
leezone Offline

finally some CONSTRUCTIVE posts,
i gotta get an AUDYA so i can do the same :-)

#35006 - 04/11/10 02:20 AM Re: Feedback on OS 4.0 / Buglist for next OS / Requests for next OS
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by necdetdoni:
MISSING VOICES
from gitar menu
Pop_Lead and Ac_Nylon2 voices missing...

Maybe a result of only loaded a part of the new OS and features.
Probably the audiovoices who are to find in the other 1.45GB not
downloadable.....

I was hoping it was possible to copy/paste from one style to another style
when edit patterns, not only inside the very same one.
Ketron, look into Technics' composerfeatures, and while you're there, take
a look at the "Control Track" possabilities as well!
Did someone mention "sequenzer"?
Did someone mention that there are former Technics peeople involved into
Ketron staff now? Hmmm........

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#35007 - 04/11/10 04:05 AM Re: Feedback on OS 4.0 / Buglist for next OS / Requests for next OS
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
finally some CONSTRUCTIVE posts,
i gotta get an AUDYA so i can do the same :-)

Leezone,

Never in the manner of man and certainly not in my life time will yo be the proud owner of an Audya.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35008 - 04/12/10 12:29 PM Re: Feedback on OS 4.0 / Buglist for next OS / Requests for next OS
Joe0710 Offline

Loc: South Germany
Updated List:
(Added [CHANGED] or [NEW] in front of the headline)

[CHANGED] STYLES FROM USB DEVICES
=================================

If you try now to load a style directly from a memory stick, this does not work anymore. On the display there is showing up a "N" for the style, and the style does not play. If you copy the same style on to the hard disk, the style does work. Until version 3.0 it was possible to load styles from a memory stick.
--> BUG or FEATURE AS DESIGNED?

BTW: It was in OS3 also not possible to save changed styles (View changes) onto a memory stick when opened from this memory stick. Couldn't test this as it is not longer possible to open styles from a USB device.

LEGACY STYLES
=============

It is still not possible to load old legacy styles e.g. from the MS devices. (did also not work in earlier versions) It is also not possible to edit this kind of style within the style editor. I.e. I have still to use the very time consuming way via the XD3.
--> REQUEST

USER LIVE GUITAR
================

If I try to use the new feature USER LIVE GUITAR this does not work properly. It says, that it is possible to load up to for live guitars. If I want to do so and I call the directory "user live guitars" the correct dialog opens. If I then active this function and try to load User live guitars, it sometimes load this selected guitar to place 1 + 2. It looks like this:

RNB_NEW
RNB_NEW
-------
-------

You can then delete one and load others. Now it seems that it works, but if you now loading the 3rd guitar this double loading comes again. Then you delete one of them, now it looks like following (i.e. the 1st loaded guitar is missing):

------
GARAGEROCK
SOKA
------

--> BUG?

[CHANGED] HARMONY
=================

--> Problem with Custom Setup seems to be solved. I do not know how, but meanwhile setting is stored together with the Custom Setup.
--> Maybe it was a first time saving problem or I did something wrong.

PATTERN EDIT
============

It seems it is not possible to copy parts from a source pattern to a destination pattern. Tried a while, but it was only possible to copy parts within a style.

--> MISSING FUNCTIONALITY? --> REQUEST

[NEW] PATTERN VIEW / Mode
=========================

Since Audya it is possible to configure the "Parallel / Close" settings and Retriggerin on every style part (Intro1, Intro1, ArrangerA, B, C...).
It is done in the Pattern/Mode configuration (Chord Tab). It is still not possible to edit this on the endings in a normal way. (did also not work in earlier versions)
Work around: Currently it is only possible to play an ending and change the Parallel/close settings during the ending plays.
In the Pattern View mode you can edit endings by pressing the resp. Intro/Ending twice. This should also be possible in the Mode settings.

--> REQUEST for next version

[NEW] Midi/Accordeon Interface
==============================

From my point of view the midi interface does still not working properly. Often there is missing the bass on the first beat of a bar.
This was also a problem of earlier Ketron devices. Is has always been excused with only 64 polyphony. With Audya we have now 197 - so this should not longer be the problem.
The currently best midi interface implementation for Accordeons has the XD3 (still better than the SD3) as on XD3 you have also the possiblilty to set the priority for Left/Right - and this solves the problem with missing basses more or less.
Furtheron it is possible on the XD3 to interact with the Bass even if Bass manual is deactivated. This is an excellent feature, never saw something like that on other keyboards or modules.
If the current Audya interface is implemented also in the Audya4 (and I guess it is), I personally would not change from the XD3 to an Audya4.

Joe

[This message has been edited by Joe0710 (edited 04-12-2010).]

#35009 - 04/19/10 07:15 AM Re: Feedback on OS 4.0 / Buglist for next OS / Requests for next OS
Sandi Offline

Audya OS4 Bugs:
-Need to press the style bank number 2-3 times to get the list(First time open the last voice list)
-Patern edit-Miss copy from other styles
-Midi player-If press the lock-tempo the midi don't play-need to reebot.
-Drum remix of style don't work.
-Some audio drums play distorted expecialy the first note.
-Sometimes when changing the midi drum with audio after a few bar don't play any drums.
-Screen still flickering
-After count in should be a crash cymbal or at least an option to put it or not.

I don't think this is all.Now I can't remember.

#35010 - 04/19/10 01:56 PM Re: Feedback on OS 4.0 / Buglist for next OS / Requests for next OS
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
Leezone,

Never in the manner of man and certainly not in my life time will yo be the proud owner of an Audya.

Never more agreed with you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online