SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#349348 - 08/20/12 12:49 AM Share your registrations...
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi all,

I'm in arranger heaven. And soon my Audya will be restored & upgraded to 42B. Also, I intend to have both the 2011 & 2012 sound & style upgrades soon. And not to neglect, also Robert's new styles as soon as they become available.

However, do any of you maybe have some of your registrations to share? We use our Audya only for Gospel outreaches, so not going to use your creations to earn any income. That's a promise.

If you are willing to share: hennie.vanrooyen@exxaro.com

We haven't tried the harmonizer as yet. Would any of you care to share your settings with us?

Also, what is your opinion of the AJAMSONIC upgrade. The reason I ask is that it's rather expensive from where I'm located. Also, I do not need any midi or MP3 files. Also, I do not need any ram upgrade as we do not focus on solo instruments, but rather on our singing. Your honest review would be appreciated.

And lastly, is their any quick way to convert some of my Korg .pat files for the Audya?

Thank you in advance for any replies,
Henni

#349548 - 08/23/12 03:57 AM Re: Share your registrations... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi everyone,

WHAT!!! Are you all just using the onboard styles as they are for your performances? Hard to believe...

* I choose a song. Then I select a suitable basic style. Then I start playing with it in Style view, different selections for every variation.

* Next I start playing with the Chord, bass & other settings.

* Next I add a lower voice & the appropiate Upper voices.

* Then comes equalizer settings.

* And still to follow is harmonizer settings.

When done, I save all of the above in a single registration. Thus I can use the same basic style for many different songs & you would not even suspect that it started off by being the same style.

So, don't the rest of you do this then? If not, you're loosing out big time on the most stunning feature on your Audya.

Keep well all my friends,
Henni

#349550 - 08/23/12 05:25 AM Re: Share your registrations... [Re: Henni]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
You are right Henni!!!
The new "Style Modeling" of Audya is a POWER FEATURE!!!!!
Too much smart idea!!!
Convert styles from Korg, or Yamaha, Roland ect, and also from any midi file to convert Ketron ".pat" you can with this software http://www.emc-musicsoftware.de/eng-shop/eng-dscstw.htm

Edited by Sokratis 1974 (08/23/12 05:31 AM)

#349606 - 08/23/12 10:03 PM Re: Share your registrations... [Re: Sokratis 1974]
Henni Offline

Hi Sokratis,

Thank you so much for your advice and for the link. There's a handfull of non standard downloaded Korg styles that I sorely miss on the Audya.

Keep well my friend,
Henni

#349632 - 08/24/12 08:23 AM Re: Share your registrations... [Re: Henni]
Snoopy Offline

Loc: Northern Germany
Hi,

I just got an idea... ( Iīm sure itīs not a new one wink )

Maybe a lot of people do not use registrations and play the Audya "as it is" ( like I do laugh ).

Yamaha has a "musicfinder", in principle a list of "suggestions" with which styles / voices to play a specified song. ( I donīt like "song-related styles", I like them to be played not as original as possible, therefore I could use an mp3 )

What do you think about a list, which STYLES you use for which SONG ?

e.g. : ( First the style-group, then after the - the style used and the after a = the songname

Rock - ^R&BLUES_1 = Mendocino
Rock - ^SHUFFLE_BLUES = Lucky Lips
Ballroom - °Polka = Rosamunde ( Beer barrel polka )
R&Roll - ^Rocker = Caroline, Rocking all over the world, Es geht mir gut

and so on.

Maybe we could open 10 new topics named as the style goup and therein new postings, each named with the stylename where anybody cann add his songs played.

Hmmm, not easy to describe, but I hope you understand what Iīm talking about laugh

Edited by Snoopy (08/24/12 08:24 AM)

#349643 - 08/24/12 12:44 PM Re: Share your registrations... [Re: Snoopy]
kharri Offline

I would love to have a music finder capability.

I have the yamaha music finder loaded on my PC and try to find the closest Audya style, but it's not the same.

So short of a music finder, being able to keep a list of songs and the styles/mods would be great!

#349670 - 08/25/12 01:29 AM Re: Share your registrations... [Re: Henni]
Snoopy Offline

Loc: Northern Germany
Hi,

I would prefer it to create a list of styles and then add songs you can play with those styles. So the other way round than Yamahas musicfinder.

But if such a list exists it would be easy via pc to search for songs wink

#349672 - 08/25/12 02:35 AM Re: Share your registrations... [Re: Snoopy]
Dusan Offline

Loc: Slovenija
I just like to read post like up there.People dont anderstand reality and dream a dream.
Ketron Audya is much diferent instrument with diferent logic and construction like for exsample Yamaha Tyros or Korg Pa3x.Audya haw never instaled some music finder!Music finder With this instrument must exsist in your heds....and fingers...

Registration who members dont want to shere is only solution. Cos with special Ketron limits.(cant save an Intro and Ending with in)

Edited by Dusan (08/25/12 02:36 AM)

#349737 - 08/27/12 03:00 AM Re: Share your registrations... [Re: Dusan]
Henni Offline

Hi Dusan,

You are right! What I do is go through all my styles, one at a time. When the style motivates me to play a specific song, I save it as a registration with the name of the song.

Then, when I've saved quite a few songs in this way, I open up those registrations one by one and start playing with it in the style view mode. Where I can, I add audio drums, groove banks, bass track, a new track for channel 4, audio live guitars, left hand and right hand voices.

Everytime I make a change, I re-save my registration. And what I love about the Audy, every time whilst playing my new song, if I want to change anything, I simply open style view mode and start to edit what's in there. When I'm done, I save as a registration again.

Thus, everytime I play a song, I keep on improving the setup and save it back as the same registration.

So this is what I want to share with others, not so much what style to use for what song, but rather the different individual improvements for every type of style as there are an indefinite amount of combinations that can be had for each one.

But yes, I can clearly see that others would be interested to find out what style is required for what song. But that's not really what I'm after here.

Keep well all my friends,
Henni

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online