SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#34891 - 04/01/10 04:33 AM Re: Ketron UK Roadshow
skude Offline

Tony
Thanks for all info. (e-mail)good to know. Looks like Robert is a great guy.
skude

#34892 - 04/01/10 05:16 AM Re: Ketron UK Roadshow
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
Quick question

is there pattern edit onboard with OS4?
Copy any part from style to style?

Thanks in advance

I believe was known as pattern edit from the older models can be done with the style complier via pc.
If someone can confirm this, that would be nice.

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 04-01-2010).]

#34893 - 04/01/10 05:22 AM Re: Ketron UK Roadshow
Brian3331 Offline

Loc: Letterkenny Ireland
Tony did u not get my email i have never done anything to u have i

#34894 - 04/01/10 05:40 AM Re: Ketron UK Roadshow
leezone Offline

Tony

not keyboard you heard 9 months ago?
So this is good I assume?

Mc. I know patt edit can be done via software
I wanna know if Audya itself can do it

#34895 - 04/01/10 05:43 AM Re: Ketron UK Roadshow
leezone Offline

Correct me if I'm wrong. But
wasn't one of OS4's main feature to be patt edit?

#34896 - 04/01/10 08:15 AM Re: Ketron UK Roadshow
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
Let them rot in hell on Arranger SZ and go to their own demonstration, they have taken the pee long enough, if anyone wants’ to know you all have my email, I will make a choice who I reply to, I won’t be mailing on Arranger SZ anyone, and not on here much longer, they come drifting over here looking for blood. Most on them aren’t even interested in an Audya anyway. What I can tell you is the KB I heard yesterday isn’t the one I bought 9 months back.

Why such childish behaviour? Why post anything about the Roadshow at all if you
don't want to tell about it?
To start private e-mail clubs where use fora like SZ to stir up or be vindictive
is not the way to go.
Either share the good things when you finally have any positive stuff, or just
keep quiet about it.
At the end Ketron and others will update the public anyway, that's a part of the
whole sales business.

Cheers, and enjoy your Audya.
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#34897 - 04/03/10 12:35 PM Re: Ketron UK Roadshow
Tony Hughes Offline

Audya Demo 31st March 2010

The Music shop in Middleton Road Oldham near Manchester England is rather small, split into two sections, Darren and Robert had set up the Audya with its back to the windows which looks out onto a busy main road. A set of vertical blind like, Ketron backdrops, hide the traffic on the main road and inquisitive passersby.
There were about 20 people in the small room and most already had bought Audya last year. I suppose most of them had turned up to see what all this fuss was about OS4, when Robert had finished with them, they certainly knew what OS4 was all about.
There is a lot for the brain to take in, especially when you are old, I can remember going to listen to Glyn Madden on an EL90 25years back only half a mile from this shop, I had driven all the way back from London to see him some 250 miles.
With only about two hours to get through only a fraction of what OS4 can do it must be difficult for Robert to pick which bits are going to make the most impact, Audya sales will be influenced by these road shows that can only be upwards. There are certain things I can really remember amongst all that Robert did. A small orchestral piece he played for only about 30 seconds, again a famous piece Swan Lake, but from a keyboard with no pedals WOW it sounded like a full symphony orchestra but much better. Much better than the EL90 which then was fantastic?
The live drums are larger than life on OS4, if you thought for one minute they were good on Os3.0, they certainly are mind boggling now. I think that Roberts has had a lot to do with OS4 even though he lives in Canada and Ketron in Italy, the World isn’t that big anymore with the Internet. If he has had much to do with Audya he’s done an excellent job of it, this is not the same keyboard I bought last year, and it’s moved up 5 gears!
If you close your eyes and listen to Robert playing the Audya its sound like it says on the button, but 100 times better.
The styles on Audya always where the best, 100% better and mind blowing now, but I am afraid the only way to get them into your living room or on to your gigs is to buy an Audya. There's chap like me called Don Mason in the States, he bought an Audya about the same time as me, he’s a professional, he loves his Audya to bits, I really don’t know what he is going to do when he gets OS4, I wish him all the luck in the World in front of his audiences when he get OS4, they will be blown away as Darren Brown said when he first heard OS4.
Robert finished off with a Heavy Metal rendition which sounded like some wild concert in Hyde Park, just to show us old ones that this keyboard can turn real nasty if you just ask it nicely, this KB is not just for the over 60’s.
I trust that Robert got back home today and had a good flight, I had a long chat with him about is home and the climate changes in Canada the seasons are upside down.
Over the last 6 months I have been guilty of been rather impatient and critical, perhaps people who buy and hear the Audya OS4 will now know what I was going on about. If I have in anyway hurried Ketron to get OS4 where it is, I will take the blame, only you can now benefit, but you will need to go and buy one, so stop asking other people what it sounds like go and see and hear for yourself.
I think it will be some time before other Keyboards catch up I doubt they can?

Tony Hughes

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 04-03-2010).]

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 04-04-2010).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#34898 - 04/03/10 12:37 PM Re: Ketron UK Roadshow
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:

Why such childish behaviour? Why post anything about the Roadshow at all if you
don't want to tell about it?
To start private e-mail clubs where use fora like SZ to stir up or be vindictive
is not the way to go.
Either share the good things when you finally have any positive stuff, or just
keep quiet about it.
At the end Ketron and others will update the public anyway, that's a part of the
whole sales business.

Cheers, and enjoy your Audya.
GJ

Jonny

sorry I wasn't quicker I have no problems with you, when are you going to buy one. read above, it's the best I can do!

Tony

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 04-04-2010).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#34899 - 04/04/10 02:39 PM Re: Ketron UK Roadshow
hbinfo2001 Offline

Loc: Quebec Canada
Hi Tony,Your right with your article,I know Robert for many years He use to work for Technics trow the KN7000,Every time they was a new Technics he always done a demonstration at my dealer in Quebec Canada He is a very nice gentleman and a very good player As we know the KN7000 was the best keyboard and now he is with Ketron,he is doing a very good job as a sound ingener You can be sure The Audya will be the great keyboard.I still have the KN7000 and the Ketron SD5 that I am very satisfy.

#34900 - 04/11/10 04:27 AM Re: Ketron UK Roadshow
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
[B]... when are you going to buy one...

So far I'm a kind of happy I did not buy one at once they first came out. The only
reason for that was/is the far too high pricelevel set to pay in this country.
Now I'm relaxing and just waiting to see what reports coming about the new OS. Is
it as good as AJ and others say, and is the features like we're told by i.e. AJ's
posts......
I have a feeling that (if any) the next Audya are going to have some other hardware
inside to make room for better options like sequenser and pattern/style editing as
well as future developement of the OS.

Anyway, so far no other arranger sound as live as Audya in my ears, specially bass
and drums. As I once said in a report about the SD1, when play it, I had to turn my
head an look if I could see the drummer and bassplayer......
I realy have no doubt that the Audya is even better!

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online