SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#348830 - 08/10/12 09:43 AM Re: New Premium Latin Voice Pack for Tyros4 [Re: ianmcnll]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
[quote=ianmcnll...I just love the Jazz Trumpet patch, one of my favorite sounds on my T4.

[/quote]

Sounds somewhat like Chris Botti ...

#348838 - 08/10/12 12:52 PM Re: New Premium Latin Voice Pack for Tyros4 [Re: Eric, B]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I just got so excited to see "Yamaha Latin Expansion Pack." I know "Latin" is a very board term that covers so many countries,regions, and of course styles of music. But these styles would only serve as background music for any type of event. Come on Yamaha, let's hear some "real" Latin styles. You have enough waterd down -Euro ballroom stuff. Start making some styles that will get people out on the dance floor. The guitar,trumpet, and piano voices are top notch. I just wish we could hear some new and exciting Latin styles.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#348839 - 08/10/12 12:58 PM Re: New Premium Latin Voice Pack for Tyros4 [Re: Eric, B]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Maybe not the whole truth... but definitely close when it comes to those completely unwilling to suggest possible ways that their arranger could be improved, or accept the idea that they are not already PERFECT!

#348854 - 08/10/12 01:40 PM Re: New Premium Latin Voice Pack for Tyros4 [Re: Eric, B]
Dnj Offline

Any style means nothing.......unless its used by a great player...the kb can't play itself althought an arranger is mostly automatic as it is.....

#348858 - 08/10/12 02:11 PM Re: New Premium Latin Voice Pack for Tyros4 [Re: tony mads usa]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa

Sounds somewhat like Chris Botti ...

Yes, Tony it does sound remarkably close...plus, it helps that Peter's arranger keyboard skills are impressive, and second only to his pianistic abilities.

The SA2 Jazz Trumpet is both warm and defined with a lovely attack and because it is an SA2 voice, it responds to the player's phrasing and technique, as well as the SA Buttons on the left. The great FSX keyboard also contributes to the responsiveness and playability of this very expressive sound.

Another one of my many favorites, is SA2 Jazz Sax, which is also a real pleasure to play.

My Tyros4 is absolutely perfect for my needs, although having the option of these beautiful Premium Voice and Style packs is a nice perk.

I also really like the new Style Creator function that has a special GE Mode for guitar parts, making arpeggios and strums super realistic.

I can see me keeping my T4 for a very long time.

Ian

#348878 - 08/10/12 03:20 PM Re: New Premium Latin Voice Pack for Tyros4 [Re: Eric, B]
Diki Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Any style means nothing.......unless its used by a great player...the kb can't play itself althought an arranger is mostly automatic as it is.....

But the greater the style, the greater the variation that the arranger allows, the more control the great arranger PLAYER can impose on all this, the greater the music he makes is going to be.

The less 'automatic' the arranger is, the better the great performer is going to sound on it.

A great arranger player can make great music on current arrangers. But there ARE things that, if added to arranger's OS's, would allow him to be greater yet.

#348880 - 08/10/12 03:28 PM Re: New Premium Latin Voice Pack for Tyros4 [Re: Eric, B]
Dnj Offline

Playingng talent is one thing.......operational talent is another.....havingng both is what must be perfected to make a so called great player Imo.

#348883 - 08/10/12 03:45 PM Re: New Premium Latin Voice Pack for Tyros4 [Re: Eric, B]
Diki Offline

No argument there... quite obviously, that is the case. But the arranger's capabilities are also important.

Neither playing skill nor operational skill is going to overcome the fact that an arranger may only have ONE Break/Fill for the entire style, or that asking it to go from Var4 to Var1 might introduce a jumpy transition, etc..

This is why I spend quite a bit of time posting on these issues. Presuming you consider yourself to be good at BOTH the playing and operational aspects of arranger playing, I am often surprised at how dismissive you can get whenever these ideas and issues are brought up.

You've been playing arrangers since the early days, no doubt, Donny? Two variations, one fill, many chords unrecognized, no break/fills, no guitar NTT's, ROM OTS only (if at all), etc., etc.. Were you saying back THEN how all those new-fangled ideas weren't necessary, and it was all about the player, yada, yada, yada?

A LOT has changed for the better since then. I only wish you could acknowledge that there is STILL a lot further it could go. No-one is criticizing YOU, no-one is criticizing YOUR choice of arranger. These issues exist for ALL arrangers, mine including (mine more than most, on some issues!). But if we all sit around and try to deny that they exise, that there is nothing further that is needed, and that much we ALREADY have is useless because YOU choose not to use it, we are sending a VERY poor message to the manufacturers...

We are happy little campers, and don't bother making them better, because we barely use what we have! You don't honestly think that do you? But it's easy to assume you do from how you post, sometimes.

Who needs more fills? YOU DID... back when you only had one or two! Who needs MORE fills? YOU DO.... because you'll be happily using them when they finally arrive.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online