SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#348479 - 08/06/12 09:35 AM Re: Why are you staying loyal to Ketron products? [Re: dreamer85]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Posted this in the general arranger forum yesterday...

I have always liked Ketron's sounds better than anything else I might try. Started with the Solton Artist 2000, then MS40, X4, SD3. But lack of available dealerships does kill Ketron- I even know one dealer who calls me with questions because I have more experience with their products than he does . AJ has been very helpful and repaired one of my modules very quickly. But he has a lot on his shoulders, and if he were to leave Ketron tomorrow, we would be sunk here. He's just one guy stretched too thin. Ted at CMC must be very busy- it takes a lot of time to get answer on a problem , but I can get a quick response if I want to buy a 4k audya. CMC was willing to let myself and a friend of mine come to NY (from NJ) to check one out , but by appointment. And M-F daytime hours were the only choice- doesn't work if you work.

I talked to another dealer I have purchased from and his opinion is that Ketron is focused on Europe and the US market is not important enough for them to direct their resources to it.

And, good luck if you or your dealer need to contact Italy about your Ketron product from end of June till September- the country is closed. Same with Orla. Yamaha/Korg/Roland do not abandon their customers for over 2 months in the summer. Again, small time European thinking/marketing.

The remaining convincing item is the product itself, but recent Q.C. and design flaws have shaken credibility with customers.

At this point, I am pursuing using a keyboard from a mainstream company while I spend only 10% of that purchase for a Ketron module to get their sounds ( I now have an SD2 and SD4). But that means more pieces, more cables, more setup time, etc...

#348480 - 08/06/12 09:35 AM Re: Why are you staying loyal to Ketron products? [Re: Ketron_AJ]
leezone Offline

what i love about Audya:
the LIVE BAND sound
the styles

what i hate:
the OLD hardware/software (ie, small HD, little RAM, old processor, slow USB, old looking screen, old looking DOS'ish software)
it's high Price (or i'd buy another tomorrow, A5)

#348676 - 08/07/12 11:31 PM Re: Why are you staying loyal to Ketron products? [Re: Ketron_AJ]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
While I don't actually own a Ketron product, I would like to comment on this thread.

Ketron are a relatively small company that produce instruments that compete successfully with those from multi billion $ corporations. That is a truly amazing achievement. And they provide innovations in arranger keyboard technology that their competitors don't. They keep the market competetive and dynamic. The arranger keyboard market wouldn't be the same without them.

The Audya really has broken new ground.

#348730 - 08/08/12 06:41 PM Re: Why are you staying loyal to Ketron products? [Re: Ketron_AJ]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
I especially like the live sounds and styles of the Midjay Plus (just not enough of them). I was introduced to Ketron via the Midjay. I like the compact size and ease of use. I’ve had several problems but nothing that AJ couldn’t remedy or that would make it unusable on a gig. I am fortunate in that I am only a 2+ hour drive from AJ’s lab.
I just purchased an SD1 Plus, and I particularly enjoyed reading the comments about the reliability and continued effectiveness of the SD1 when, in arranger/keyboard years, most would consider it obsolete. I will admit that I’m having trouble with the SD1 manual.
My next move is to have the AJAMSONIC upgrade installed in the SD1 – just as soon as I can get AJ’s attention.
Ciao,
Jerry

#348738 - 08/08/12 11:11 PM Re: Why are you staying loyal to Ketron products? [Re: Nigel]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
Originally Posted By: Nigel
While I don't actually own a Ketron product, I would like to comment on this thread.

Ketron are a relatively small company that produce instruments that compete successfully with those from multi billion $ corporations. That is a truly amazing achievement. And they provide innovations in arranger keyboard technology that their competitors don't. They keep the market competetive and dynamic. The arranger keyboard market wouldn't be the same without them.

The Audya really has broken new ground.

I agree 100%!!!!!

#348743 - 08/09/12 03:07 AM Re: Why are you staying loyal to Ketron products? [Re: Ketron_AJ]
andreurivero Offline

I began play keyboards with patterns 25 years ago, I began with other different marks, but from the SOLTON MS5 I played always with SOLTON-KETRON, (MS50, MS100, X1, SD1, midjay, midjay PLUS and Audya). For me keyboards KETRON are the best, the sound of styles is like a band playing in live (others keyboards of styles sound like a studio record, (the sound is no live performance, "not creible", it's a different concept, but for me this concept it's not good for make live music). The problems?, I have not problems with my Audya, I play everyday with it, single registrations are speedy, the sound is realistic, vocalist is great, I'm very glad with Audya. Regards

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online