SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#34860 - 03/27/10 10:54 AM Some feedback from Frankfurt
Joe0710 Offline

Loc: South Germany
Hi togther,

visited today the Frankfurt Musikmesse (its only approx. 1h from my home) and I want to share some information I've got on Audya, Audya4 and Audya5.

Audya4 and Audya5 are based on the same HW as the Audya.

The only difference is (appart from the keys and joystick)

a.) The 16 buttons on Audya4 and Audya5
b.) Audya has a Digital SPdif In / Out, Audya4 and Audya5 not.

They told me with OS4 Audya, Audya4 and Audya5 will have the same functionality (appart from the above mentioned differences)

They told me also that memory exppansion is also possible for the Audya - depending on the production date. But I guess it is also possible to upgrade early Audyas with a new sound board. They offered me to check this for my Audya.

OS4:
Ketron will provide it after the fair, I only got the information shortly after the fair - whatever it means. As I understood the problem is now how to provide the SW as the update will be more than 1GB of data.

On all of the different Audya types OS4 was installed. Yes, they improved a lot of things - and yes I saw also the style editor.
To summarize it: I liked what I saw and heard.

Availability of Audya4 & Audya5: June this year (stated in one of the videos on the Ketron home page)

Other impressions from the fair:

- No new arranger news from Korg, Yamaha and Roland
- Some of the booths were smaller (my impression) than the last year (guess due to the economic downturn)

Joe

[This message has been edited by Joe0710 (edited 03-27-2010).]

#34861 - 03/27/10 11:13 AM Re: Some feedback from Frankfurt
necdetdoni Offline

Loc: Antalya / Turkey
Quote:
Originally posted by Joe0710:

)

They told me also that memory exppansion is also possible for the Audya - depending on the production date. But I guess it is also possible to upgrade early Audyas with a new sound board. The offered me a to check this for my Audya.

do you know the way for check?? and thanks for all your informations..

#34862 - 03/27/10 11:51 AM Re: Some feedback from Frankfurt
skude Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Joe0710:
[B]Hi togther,
They told me also that memory exppansion is also possible for the Audya - depending on the production date. But I guess it is also possible to upgrade early Audyas with a new sound board. The offered me a to check this for my Audya.
]

Thanks for the info Joe. Just got a new soundboard in my AUDYA. Waited a long time for it, so I hope it's NEW Would be great to know how to check it.
skude

#34863 - 03/27/10 11:56 AM Re: Some feedback from Frankfurt
Joe0710 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by necdetdoni:
Quote:
[b]

)

do you know the way for check?? and thanks for all your informations..

[/B]

They will try based on my serial number. If that will not work there is the need to open the device. (maybe through the dealer for guarantee reasons). As far as I will know, I will post it.

#34864 - 03/27/10 12:01 PM Re: Some feedback from Frankfurt
Joe0710 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by skude:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Joe0710:
[B]Hi togther,
]

Thanks for the info Joe. Just got a new soundboard in my AUDYA. Waited a long time for it, so I hope it's NEW Would be great to know how to check it.
skude

Skude,

I think you will have one as they told me they replaced all repairs with new boards.

Joe

#34865 - 03/27/10 11:41 PM Re: Some feedback from Frankfurt
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Hi togther,

OS4:
Ketron will provide it after the fair, I only got the information shortly after the fair - whatever it means. As I understood the problem is now how to provide the SW as the update will be more than 1GB of data.

Joe,

If this is true OS4 will come in a box set, or we will all need to send our HD back and get Ketron to put the update on, and when your HD crashes in the future, it's about a weeka works to put it all back together, no wonder AJ and Frank never said a word, they must be still reeling from the shock or they still loading the DVDs on to their Audyas and have not even heard OS4 yet! Someone please tell me where I can buy a MS without crossing water, James open a dealership please, and I'll come across on the boat, get me out of here, when will this pain end. DonM will go scatty and Dom his laughing his head silly.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#34866 - 03/28/10 06:29 AM Re: Some feedback from Frankfurt
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
So..it mean that now this new OS 4.0 is working good? Are you there happy now or still is missing some??

@Tony..
I suggest you to KEEP your Audya, make the full upgrade HW+OS and enjoy it.
Every time you change for a new keyb, you will lose ONLY money.

IF you really want a MS, is better that you choose the groove Expander:

and then connect many external USB keyboards + your audya.
The Qranger audio styles package will be sold ONLY from tastenpoint.at and not from me, so if you there need to use the audio styles, better that you use from Audya and then we dont have to fight...
( if you also look the all new ketron video demos, you can see that they make a nice shown only with the Wav/Mp3 player..feature that we made from 6 years...)
anyway..enjoy what you play.

#34867 - 03/28/10 06:53 AM Re: Some feedback from Frankfurt
Joe0710 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
Joe,

If this is true OS4 will come in a box set, or we will all need to send our HD back and get Ketron to put the update on, and when your HD crashes in the future, it's about a weeka works to put it all back together, no wonder AJ and Frank never said a word, they must be still reeling from the shock or they still loading the DVDs on to their Audyas and have not even heard OS4 yet! Someone please tell me where I can buy a MS without crossing water, James open a dealership please, and I'll come across on the boat, get me out of here, when will this pain end. DonM will go scatty and Dom his laughing his head silly.

Toni,

I don't think it will come in an box set, it should be available as download version, maybe in 2 or 3 packages - no idea. But it is quite possible, that this major update will have such an ammount of data

a.) revised samples
b.) some more live drums - they talked about it in the videos on the Ketron homepage
c.) some more live guitars

If it is that amount of data, and how it will be distributed, lets wait and see - all the rest is pure speculation and will not bring us forward.

Maybe AJ can give some information - it should not longer be a secrect, now after the fair.

Joe

#34868 - 03/28/10 09:33 AM Re: Some feedback from Frankfurt
Joe0710 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
So..it mean that now this new OS 4.0 is working good? Are you there happy now or still is missing some??

Its very diffucult to say that everything is ok now and that there is nothing to miss.
I tested the devices only about 1h and heared the one or other demo

From my point of view (I'm more the style player)

- the new programs are fitting more to my kind of music
- the whole parameter settings (incl. styles) seems to be more balanced now
- the missed style editor is available
- this new articulation feature seems to be ok

For me open:
- Stability -> we will see (it's not possible to test this in that timeframe)
- I hope it is possible now to open all legacy styles (e.g. MS) (forgot to ask this)
from my point of view the MS styles are very well suited for the Audya. They optimized for 3 chords, so you have chord4 and chord5 for arps/licks and real guitars.
- Hope they made some further improvements on the accordeon interface (same feature on the bass as the XD3)

Joe

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online