SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#3486 - 12/08/02 03:23 PM WHO EVER HAS A KORG TRITON. COME IN HERE AND SCHOOL ME ON A FEW THINGS
JAROHNIMOO7 Offline

Loc: DC AREA (PG COUNTY MD)
I Just got the Korg Triton and i Don't know didoli Sqwat about it. I've read the book so long my head hurts. I've Learned alot about it so far and a lot of diffrent things to do.

But My Question is this. Say if i downloaded a MIDI song right... lets say: Tupac " I aint mad atcha " yeah the midi sounds funky and all on the computer.. but what if i were to save it on a disk (floppy disk) as a midi file and pop it in my Korg Triton Drive and try to load it up.. would it upload to one of the user patterns and play with the nice sound quality instruments of the Triton? or would it just not detect the disk at all or what?

Welp. i hope yall can help me. And even if you don't have a triton or you have experience with this sort of stuff i would really be greatful for your help

ok PEACE OUT .

------------------
"Im sick of living in hell, I don't want to die and go to Hell".

#3487 - 12/09/02 08:06 AM Re: WHO EVER HAS A KORG TRITON. COME IN HERE AND SCHOOL ME ON A FEW THINGS
tekminus Offline

If the Triton supports loading of standard midi-files, which I think it does, you should at least hear something. There's something called General MIDI, where all the instruments have set locations. For example, the first instrument is always a piano and so on.

You should at least be able to recognize the song if it's a General MIDI-file, since the instruments would be the same for each track. It would also sound (slightly) better on a Triton than a Soundblaster.

-tek

#3488 - 12/15/02 11:29 PM Re: WHO EVER HAS A KORG TRITON. COME IN HERE AND SCHOOL ME ON A FEW THINGS
JAROHNIMOO7 Offline

thanks man, yeah it plays but its like you say.. it pics some cheasy sounding instruments even though th korg got some WAY powerful more sounding instruments then that

well thanks Tek.. would you happen to have the KORG or played with it? how do you know?

#3489 - 12/16/02 12:25 PM Re: WHO EVER HAS A KORG TRITON. COME IN HERE AND SCHOOL ME ON A FEW THINGS
tekminus Offline

No, I don't own the Triton. I'm just smart like that.

If you edit the MIDI-file in your Triton, you can replace the instruments with whatever you want.

-tek

#3490 - 12/16/02 10:40 PM Re: WHO EVER HAS A KORG TRITON. COME IN HERE AND SCHOOL ME ON A FEW THINGS
JAROHNIMOO7 Offline

oh i figured that out on my own. thanks anyway though.. Triton Got like a Cadrillion things you can do on it.. and i don't have no Midi sound card yet so i can start recording proffesionaly... also cuz i don't know how to do the auto HArmonizing fuction on there.

#3491 - 12/17/02 07:51 AM Re: WHO EVER HAS A KORG TRITON. COME IN HERE AND SCHOOL ME ON A FEW THINGS
HARP Offline

Loc: England
Hi
To play back MIDI files on the TRITON -
Press: Disk button, Choose Media Type- SCSI FDD, HDD etc. Obvously choose FDD for floppy drive. select the song you want then press: Arrow down on top r/h side of display & select load selected.
When loaded, press SEQ button song should be there ready to play.

HARP

#3492 - 12/17/02 08:03 AM Re: WHO EVER HAS A KORG TRITON. COME IN HERE AND SCHOOL ME ON A FEW THINGS
tekminus Offline

I suppose you have a SB-card. Get an adapter for the joystick port and you've got 16 MIDI channels. SB cards are great at MIDI too.

You could always get a USB Midisport 2x2 MIDI interface for 32 channels. It's made by Midiman. I've used mine for over a year now and it works great. Even on XP.

-tek

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online