SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#348695 - 08/08/12 10:41 AM Re: The Bose Compact Killer.... [Re: frankieve]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Who uses an omni for live use these days? Even in the studio, it's not very usual to use an omni for miking a single singer...

And live, it's the kiss of death

#348706 - 08/08/12 11:57 AM Re: The Bose Compact Killer.... [Re: Diki]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Originally Posted By: Diki
I would likely use this only in stereo. Frank, how does the Nano's frequency response change, when you uncouple the top cubes and set them up apart? Do you hear a loss of some of that low mid stuff which I feel is so lacking from the Bose's?

And, when cranked close to its limits, how well does it cope..? Just about any small system can be made to sound at least adequate up to a certain point, but push it past its comfort zone and they all get ugly in different ways, at different volume levels.

Have you tried pushing both the Compact and the Nano to their absolute limits? How do they compare at the upper end of the volume range?

Frank?

Yeah +1

Frank enquiring minds would like to know...a response to this question from Diki would be appreciated if you can do it...

#348711 - 08/08/12 12:37 PM Re: The Bose Compact Killer.... [Re: Diki]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Who uses an omni for live use these days? Even in the studio, it's not very usual to use an omni for miking a single singer...

And live, it's the kiss of death

The problem...most wireless headsets are omnidirectional....designed for theatrical stage use, allowing the mic to pick up all stage voices...That is why I still do not use a wireless headset mic...and it is compounded , destroying any harmonizer use too...

When I find a good unidirectional mic with a nice tight pattern , I use it...The Samson G7 turned out to be a great mic for me..

#348712 - 08/08/12 12:47 PM Re: The Bose Compact Killer.... [Re: Fran Carango]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Just found this setup from Peavey while browsing the net- anyone use it?
ebay

#348715 - 08/08/12 01:56 PM Re: The Bose Compact Killer.... [Re: frankieve]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I used the original TriFlex years ago. It was a killer in it's time. This thing looks real good, but very heavy.
DonM

#348725 - 08/08/12 04:44 PM Re: The Bose Compact Killer.... [Re: frankieve]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Brian,

I had a couple forerunners of that mic, the Pro8-Hex. I may still have them around here somewhere. When I switched to the Crown CM-311A I never used them again. I also had a great wireless system made by Samson. The transmitter was the size and shape of a 12-gauge shotgun shell and had an XLR plug on one end. It ran on a AAA battery for about 12 hours. The receiver was about the size of a pack of cigarettes, had a tiny power-pack and could pick up the mic from distances of up to 200 feet with no interference.

Unfortunately, Samson discontinued them and I sold the ones I had to a couple Synthzone members. Wish is still had them, now! smile

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#348733 - 08/08/12 08:45 PM Re: The Bose Compact Killer.... [Re: frankieve]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Gary, they still make the systems with the universal transmitters.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samson-AirLine-7...=item564bc44637

DonM

#348767 - 08/09/12 11:37 AM Re: The Bose Compact Killer.... [Re: frankieve]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Just placed an order - thanks Don.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online