SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#346934 - 07/14/12 06:02 AM OT,OT DNJ anybody Sensa????????
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Donny I think I read recently that you're like me working on the weight again. I just by accident saw an infomercial about a sprinkle called "SENSA." Anybody familiar with this appetite suppressant?

I'm getting desperate. Too much stress to even do the "SouthBeach" which was the easiest diet ever for me. But you still have to be watching what you eat all the time. But it works great if you can keep up with the watching.

Sensa you just sprinkle it on everything you eat. Eat anything that you want they claim. You don't have to count anything!
Man somebody help me eh?

#346938 - 07/14/12 08:13 AM Re: OT,OT DNJ anybody Sensa???????? [Re: brickboo]
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I've been reading about it too. I seem to be going in the wrong direction when it comes to diet and weight loss. Anytime I have to give info before I can go further into a website I get suspicious. May years ago a pharmacist friend gave me some kind of fiber filler tab that just plain filled you up. I'd like to find that tab again. Most of my eating is boredom and inactivity just makes it worse. I hope someone can tell us something useful about Sensa.

#346939 - 07/14/12 08:37 AM Re: OT,OT DNJ anybody Sensa???????? [Re: brickboo]
Dnj Offline

Only natural for me....stay away from all that magic crap.

Edited by Dnj (07/14/12 08:39 AM)

#346948 - 07/14/12 09:43 AM Re: OT,OT DNJ anybody Sensa???????? [Re: brickboo]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
There's nothing magical about loosing weight - or gaining it! It's merely a matter of eating less calories than your body consumes during a normal day of activity. Those calories can come from anywhere, carbs, fat, really doesn't make any difference where they come from.

The main reason the South Beach diet works is you consume lots and lots of low calorie, high protein food. You eat 5 to 6 times a day, thereby keeping your stomach filled and constantly digesting foods that provide very few calories, but sufficient protein to keep you healthy.

I lost 55-pounds on the South Beach Diet in just 5 months. I kept it off for over 5 years. Unfortunately, I discovered how great various Margarettas taste. They're high-calorie, high-carbohydrate drinks that will pack the pounds around your waistline in no time at all. It took a couple years to gain back 40 of the 55 pounds I lost on the South Beach Diet.

I never had a problem following the South Beach Diet, but my wife hated it. She lost a lot of weight, but said she would never go back to the diet again. I'm hoping to get back to 185-pounds before I leave for the sunny south. That means I'll have to dump 25-pounds prior to October 1.

When I got married I tipped the scales at 145-pounds and stood 6-feet tall. Of course, when you're only 21 years old you can also leap tall buildings in a single bound! wink I'm the skinny kid sitting next to the young chick in the middle. And, yes, that's a real band on the stage behind us. No arrangers or DJs back then. smile

Cheers,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (07/14/12 09:44 AM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#346950 - 07/14/12 09:45 AM Re: OT,OT DNJ anybody Sensa???????? [Re: brickboo]
Dnj Offline

I thought that was YOU playing the piano...lol

#346957 - 07/14/12 09:52 AM Re: OT,OT DNJ anybody Sensa???????? [Re: brickboo]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
This is the 'diet' my doctor gave to me.

"If it tastes good, spit it out".

Works.

chas

#346958 - 07/14/12 09:53 AM Re: OT,OT DNJ anybody Sensa???????? [Re: cgiles]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By: cgiles
This is the 'diet' my doctor gave to me.

"If it tastes good, spit it out".

Works.

chas

smile

#346960 - 07/14/12 10:03 AM Re: OT,OT DNJ anybody Sensa???????? [Re: brickboo]
Dnj Offline

Bottom line ......stop eating too much cut your calories down to a minimum.....drink only water...stop smoking...stop drinking liquor read the labels..high fructose and hydrogenated oils don't break down and leave your body also..

Edited by Dnj (07/14/12 10:04 AM)

#346966 - 07/14/12 10:49 AM Re: OT,OT DNJ anybody Sensa???????? [Re: brickboo]
brickboo Offline

Gary,
What happened. You weren't bad looking man. But I will admit your wife does to you what Fran's girls do to him. He needs to get fat ugly girls and ditch the ones he showed on the forum. He'd look a lot better.

#346967 - 07/14/12 10:51 AM Re: OT,OT DNJ anybody Sensa???????? [Re: brickboo]
brickboo Offline

Incidentally, I'm uglier than sin dipped in misery. When I was a kid my Mom would tie a pork chop ( I mean POLK chop) around my neck just to get the dog to play with me.

#346971 - 07/14/12 12:13 PM Re: OT,OT DNJ anybody Sensa???????? [Re: brickboo]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: brickboo
Incidentally, I'm uglier than sin dipped in misery. When I was a kid my Mom would tie a pork chop ( I mean POLK chop) around my neck just to get the dog to play with me.

rotf2
boo ... you're looking in the WRONG mirror ... grin

#346982 - 07/14/12 03:30 PM Re: OT,OT DNJ anybody Sensa???????? [Re: brickboo]
brickboo Offline

Tony I had you mixed up with the friend we had that would post from the southwest across from New Orleans in the Yucatan somewhere I thought. I thought his name was Tony. Where did I get this from. I bet you don't have a clue as to what I'm talking about eh?

#346985 - 07/14/12 03:53 PM Re: OT,OT DNJ anybody Sensa???????? [Re: brickboo]
Dnj Offline

This diet stuff is getting boring.....I'm off to the beach to go Metal Detecting !!

Edited by Dnj (07/14/12 03:58 PM)

#346989 - 07/14/12 04:41 PM Re: OT,OT DNJ anybody Sensa???????? [Re: brickboo]
DonM Offline

Tony I had you mixed up with the friend we had that would post from the southwest across from New Orleans in the Yucatan somewhere I thought. I thought his name was Tony. Where did I get this from. I bet you don't have a clue as to what I'm talking about eh?

Tony Rome

#346994 - 07/14/12 07:11 PM Re: OT,OT DNJ anybody Sensa???????? [Re: brickboo]
brickboo Offline

Don, You're like that Bob Newhart guy up in Vermont. Especially when I look at the dry facial expression on the left side of the screen.

Answer :Tony Rome. No mentioning anything about Tony moved, he doesn't play music anymore, he moved to Timbuktu, ha ha. Maybe you don't know anything about him! If you do would you elaborate?

#346995 - 07/14/12 07:20 PM Re: OT,OT DNJ anybody Sensa???????? [Re: brickboo]
tony mads usa Offline

Last we heard Tony Rome was rebuilding his restaurant in Cancun that had been destroyed by one of the hurricanes ... but he also was having some health problems if I recall correctly ...
Real nice guy ... but then, his name IS Tony ... wink

#346996 - 07/14/12 07:50 PM Re: OT,OT DNJ anybody Sensa???????? [Re: brickboo]
travlin'easy Offline

I usually talk on the telephone with Tony about one a month or so. He has been having a rough time since the hurricane nearly wiped him off the face of the earth, both health wise and financially. Real nice guy and I hope to meet him one day in the not too distant future.

Gary cool

#346997 - 07/14/12 08:16 PM Re: OT,OT DNJ anybody Sensa???????? [Re: brickboo]
brickboo Offline

Yes that's him. Gary was it Katrina are around that time. Wasn't Katrina in 2005 or 2006 there about?

#347012 - 07/15/12 07:18 AM Re: OT,OT DNJ anybody Sensa???????? [Re: brickboo]
travlin'easy Offline

Yes, it was Katrina that hit the island full force.

Gary cool

#347013 - 07/15/12 08:55 AM Re: OT,OT DNJ anybody Sensa???????? [Re: brickboo]
DonM Offline

#347015 - 07/15/12 09:11 AM Re: OT,OT DNJ anybody Sensa???????? [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

I went to that link and 'dug in' a little and found this link ...
http://www.cozumel-hotels.net/yabbse/ind...&board=11.0

Apparently Tony has suffered another stroke and Maria is trying to hold things together ...
Seems that as of a couple of days ago he was doing better and was even seen at the restaurant ...

#347016 - 07/15/12 11:39 AM Re: OT,OT DNJ anybody Sensa???????? [Re: brickboo]
brickboo Offline

If my brother hits the lottery, I'll get him to take me to visit Tony R.
Thanks Tony M , Don M, and Gary.

#347027 - 07/15/12 04:28 PM Re: OT,OT DNJ anybody Sensa???????? [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
I went to that link and 'dug in' a little and found this link ...
http://www.cozumel-hotels.net/yabbse/ind...&board=11.0

Apparently Tony has suffered another stroke and Maria is trying to hold things together ...
Seems that as of a couple of days ago he was doing better and was even seen at the restaurant ...

Thats sad news...like I said, live everyday as it was your last....hope he gets better soon and can get on with life best as possible...Tony is good people.

#347032 - 07/15/12 05:54 PM Re: OT,OT DNJ anybody Sensa???????? [Re: brickboo]
travlin'easy Offline

Tony has suffered several strokes, and each has taken its toll. However, he has always been very resilient and seems to bounce back in a short time.

Gary cool

#347036 - 07/15/12 06:50 PM Re: OT,OT DNJ anybody Sensa???????? [Re: brickboo]
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I met Tony at his rebuilt restaurant a few years ago. I have never met a nicer and more hospitable man. I'm sorry to hear he is continuing to have health problems. As far as I know the restaurant business never really recovered from the hurricane, but you'd never know it by talking to Tony. I wish him good health and happiness. Gary, please tell him I said HI next time you speak to him. He's good people!

#347037 - 07/15/12 06:50 PM Re: OT,OT DNJ anybody Sensa???????? [Re: brickboo]
brickboo Offline

Ya can't be a wimp and get old.You gotta be tough just like
Tony Rome.

He always said nice things. I really like him. GOOD MAN!!!
I wish him well.

#347286 - 07/19/12 08:31 AM Re: OT,OT DNJ anybody Sensa???????? [Re: brickboo]
Dnj Offline

Just weighed in ......down 40lbs baby yeah!!

Edited by Dnj (07/19/12 08:41 AM)

#347298 - 07/19/12 11:01 AM Re: OT,OT DNJ anybody Sensa???????? [Re: brickboo]
brickboo Offline

So Donny,

What are you doing? Not South Beach?

Atkins, had all of the joints in my body hurting after I lost 30 40 lbs years ago. Quit gained the weight back but joints hadn't hurt since.

I liked the South Beach, I lost weight, had a big variety of food to eat, but still had to keep an eye on what I ate. I know there's no way of getting out of watching.

Anyway Donny, if you don't want to post about what you are doing, please send me an email about what you are doing now eh buddy?

#347317 - 07/19/12 02:02 PM Re: OT,OT DNJ anybody Sensa???????? [Re: brickboo]
Dnj Offline

So Donny,

What are you doing? Not South Beach?

Atkins, had all of the joints in my body hurting after I lost 30 40 lbs years ago. Quit gained the weight back but joints hadn't hurt since.

I liked the South Beach, I lost weight, had a big variety of food to eat, but still had to keep an eye on what I ate. I know there's no way of getting out of watching.

Anyway Donny, if you don't want to post about what you are doing, please send me an email about what you are doing now eh buddy?

SB Diet

#347350 - 07/19/12 08:49 PM Re: OT,OT DNJ anybody Sensa???????? [Re: brickboo]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
I just saw a documentary on television yesterday about two new "weight reduction" (appetite suppression) pills recently approved by the FDA. When the moderator advised of the "side effects" associated with them, I thought I'd rather ride out the warranty period on my body and "expire" by obesity rather than go through what I would using the miracle pills.

What always works for me.....that's ALWAYS.....is to cut out ALL sugar and ALL white flour products, never eat after 7 pm, and eat all day if you want, but ONLY when you have hunger pains.

Eating all day means lots of fruits and vegetables and protein. Eat very slowly and at the first sign you're satisfied.....STOP!). Eat as often as you want, but always slowly so you know when you're about to overload the tummy!

You'll be amazed how good you feel mentally too.

Mark

#347358 - 07/20/12 12:15 AM Re: OT,OT DNJ anybody Sensa???????? [Re: Mark79100]
Tony Hughes Offline

Take a leaf out of Gary's book, he's not much heavier than the day he was married, its all the giggs, he never stops, 450 a year he don't have time to eat.... dance love exercise, don't you just, shooting season start here in about 6 weeks and I need to work on it., up hill and down dale, gun, ammo heavy jacket... surprised
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online