SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#346800 - 07/11/12 01:59 PM Opening act for Brooklyn Bridge in Wildwood, NJ
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
My band..Just in Time, is playing a beach party in Wildwood, NJ on the Labor Day weekend..

We are opening for "Brooklyn Bridge"...I hear the guy that replaced Johnny Maestro (Passed away about a year ago)..is very good..

I can't figure out how we do a 2 hour show as an opening act smile....maybe because they get ten times the pay as Just in Time shocked

I always get excited when we share the stage with "old" performers....the last ten years with the band, I have had many stage experiences with may of my favorite performers...too many to mention without leaving someone out... cool

#346802 - 07/11/12 02:08 PM Re: Opening act for Brooklyn Bridge in Wildwood, NJ [Re: Fran Carango]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Great band, Brooklyn Bridge, one of my favorites...great tunes and lots of nice memories.

My favorite was "Worst that Could Happen".

Sounds like a great gig, Fran.

Ian

#346807 - 07/11/12 03:04 PM Re: Opening act for Brooklyn Bridge in Wildwood, NJ [Re: Fran Carango]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
"Worst That Can Happen"....GREAT BALLAD!

Good luck, Fran.

R.

#346821 - 07/11/12 10:01 PM Re: Opening act for Brooklyn Bridge in Wildwood, NJ [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

I have done a few shows with johnny maestro Years ago with my band......but sadly since his passing and others in his group they are now not as good....sad.

Edited by Dnj (07/11/12 10:04 PM)

#346942 - 07/14/12 08:56 AM Re: Opening act for Brooklyn Bridge in Wildwood, NJ [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... there is just NO WAY they could be as good without the "Maestro" ... RIP ...

#346945 - 07/14/12 09:24 AM Re: Opening act for Brooklyn Bridge in Wildwood, NJ [Re: Fran Carango]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
You know how most of you guys hate Jazz! Well I love the "Righteous Bros, Jackie Wilson" and on and on.
But I want to know the answer to the following question. Please someone give me a number.

How many and what do you have to smoke to be as old as these guys look to sing so many different tunes for so many years and 99% of them are built on:
C, Am, F, G in a circle, or whatever key? Big deal, there are a couple of Fm's and D7's in a few of the bridge's of a few tunes.

If I would have done this for 30 years, or maybe just 29 years, even making 50 million dollars a year, it would not have done me any good, because I would have wound up in a straight jacket by now. I've come close a couple of times, but this monotony would have put the nail in the coffin for sure. Sorry not trying to be mean! I'm just stating a fact. For me, it's mind boggling!!!!!

The guy has a great voice, BUT? Come on singing do-wop and ahh's etc on the same four chords? How hard is that.

Well, I'll admit for tone deaf people it might seem like quite a feet, but for those tone deaf people even being able to hit a single note on the piano and singing it back would be a miracle.

Edited by brickboo (07/14/12 09:36 AM)

#346946 - 07/14/12 09:29 AM Re: Opening act for Brooklyn Bridge in Wildwood, NJ [Re: brickboo]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
boo ... as amazing as it may be to you - and other jazzers, including the sax player in our band for 26 years - there ARE people who enjoy - no, LOVE - this music ... so to them, it does not seem repetitive or boring ... Fortunately, this genre is ONE part of what makes ALL MUSIC great!!! ...

And we won't even BEGIN to talk about how many and what jazz musicians have smoked etc. etc etc ... wink

Edited by tony mads usa (07/14/12 09:30 AM)

#346947 - 07/14/12 09:37 AM Re: Opening act for Brooklyn Bridge in Wildwood, NJ [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

No one can ever replace Johnny Maestro. However the Brooklyn Bridge has added a new singer the group. His name is Roy Michaels. He is a great singer and performer and a wonderful addition to the group who must go on performing the wonderful music of Johnny Maestro and The Brooklyn Bridge.Roy singing Unchained melody here...you be the judge.. cool2

Edited by Dnj (07/14/12 09:42 AM)

#346956 - 07/14/12 09:52 AM Re: Opening act for Brooklyn Bridge in Wildwood, NJ [Re: Fran Carango]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Boo, go on playing jazz for peanuts. I will continue playing the music most people want to hear every night and play golf or fish all day.
smile
DonM

#346959 - 07/14/12 09:56 AM Re: Opening act for Brooklyn Bridge in Wildwood, NJ [Re: Fran Carango]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Tony,

I and all musicians do these tunes friend. But, what I'm saying is, to me it would be like playing the same 10 tunes over and over for 30 years. Am I not explaining this right?

I'll put it this way. I can't name many, if any famous musicians and regular musicians that don't smoke stuff, drink too much so on and so forth. This is a fact. If a person does not have this problem they are in the minority.

I will say that I'm not a religious freak nor a superman or better than any other person. I'm not picking on anyone that has a problem. I have family and friends who have these problems. We all do. This is not the point that I am making!

The great problem that I have and that I'm thankful for is that I just can't stand the taste of beer etc. Also, I never could afford the drugs and I'm much too tight to spend money on drugs even if I could afford it.

I'll ask again. How much marijuana would I have to smoke to play the same 10 songs over and over for 100 years to not lose my mind. Ha ha! I don't know how else to explain what I'm trying to say.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online