SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#346257 - 06/30/12 11:34 PM Re: Check out the FOOTWORK!!!!!! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Tony Hughes Offline

UD

You started it, and music right up your street, 4th July, a master of the keys and pedals and Donny this guy don't need any arrangers to help him play.

#346263 - 07/01/12 03:38 AM Re: Check out the FOOTWORK!!!!!! [Re: Tony Hughes]
Tony Hughes Offline

BTW,

When he is playing all feet he is using the couplers I suppose you could say that cheating, but I wouldn't. He doesn't need styles or mp3 to play, he makes it all himself. He makes me want to pack it, too late for me now. 2.25 when he hits the couplers watch all the stops come out.

#346284 - 07/01/12 05:01 PM Re: Check out the FOOTWORK!!!!!! [Re: Tony Hughes]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
UD

OMG - I hate it when audience members try to clap to a performance!!!!!! Sucks the life right out of a performance. So annoying.
Good player though - thanx Tony!

#346331 - 07/02/12 11:17 PM Re: Check out the FOOTWORK!!!!!! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
OMG - I hate it when audience members try to clap to a performance!!!!!! Sucks the life right out of a performance. So annoying.
Good player though - thanx Tony!

Often the audience are encouraged to do it. And when the mics that pickup the clapping are on stage it is IMPOSSIBLE for the clapping to be in time with the music. It has nothing to do with poor timing on the part of the audience ... it is all about the speed of sound. The sound from the stage area travels out to the audience who clap to it and then the sound of the clapping then travels back to the microphones ... of course it will be totally out of time with the music that is being picked up on stage. And of course depending how far back they are sitting all the audience are hearing the same beat at different times.

It is because of this in big concert rooms and stadiums the speakers that are further towards the back have digital delay added to the signal so it matches the time it takes for the sound from the main stage speakers to travel to the back of the room. They are called delay stacks and reinforce the sound that travels to the back. Otherwise people near the back would be constantly hearing a weird echo effect.

#346335 - 07/03/12 07:11 AM Re: Check out the FOOTWORK!!!!!! [Re: Tony Hughes]
Mockie Offline

Loc: Dublin Ireland
Still my all time favourite, Alan McPike from Scotland, very tasty playing, including his "drumming" with

his left hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYvMRnPx-gs&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqAzACFr00E&feature=relmfu

Edited by Mockie (07/03/12 07:14 AM)

#346338 - 07/03/12 07:22 AM Re: Check out the FOOTWORK!!!!!! [Re: Mockie]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Mockie
Still my all time favourite, Alan McPike from Scotland, very tasty playing, including his "drumming" with

his left hand.

Mine too...Alan is an awesome player, and he makes it look so easy.

Ian

#346368 - 07/03/12 02:31 PM Re: Check out the FOOTWORK!!!!!! [Re: Uncle Dave]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Thanks UD, that lady is awesome! That's one of the most amazing musical talents I've ever seen. She must have 3 brains. Glad she ain't a blonde, she be beatin' on a cowbell. Out of time.

#346400 - 07/04/12 08:09 AM Re: Check out the FOOTWORK!!!!!! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
smile

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online