SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#346089 - 06/25/12 01:29 PM Re: Yamaha Vintage Synth Pack Tribute to Eurythmics! [Re: Eric, B]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Ian

If you like the Jupter 8 you might like this for your computer

Bill

#346091 - 06/25/12 02:02 PM Re: Yamaha Vintage Synth Pack Tribute to Eurythmics! [Re: abacus]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: abacus

If a hardware arranger came out that had what the pro studio and film produces use then that would be something, but until then I will stick with the Wersi.

I understand, Bill...I guess that's why I'm very pleased with the Tyros4...it all comes down to what we find the best for our needs. I've used VST's before, but they are way too fiddly for my use, either on stage or in the studio.

I like using one instrument, if at all possible, and one that I know very well, inside out, with an interface that is both powerful and intuitive, with a keybed I am comfortable with and that has the response/feel I like. In the studio, time is big money, so I really appreciate having an instrument that does things so well, and, most importantly, so quickly.

The Tyros4 lets me be as creative as I'd like, or it lets me be lazy and pick one of the incredibly life-like styles, kick back and just play for fun.

It's definetly a lot of keyboard for the money, still light and compact enough to be transported by one person, and it will probably be my last arranger.

As I said in my last post, I'm glad we both found what we wanted.

Ian

#346094 - 06/25/12 02:19 PM Re: Yamaha Vintage Synth Pack Tribute to Eurythmics! [Re: abacus]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: abacus
Hi Ian

If you like the Jupter 8 you might like this for your computer

Bill

Arturia make great VST's...I believe they also made a Prophet 5 emulator that was pretty cool.

The thing with the Jupiter 8 is the whole tactile experience playing it...it's like a Hammond B-3, or an acoustic piano...there's just this magical connection between the keybed (not even velocity sensitive, mind you) and the sound, also between the sliders and how the sound responds...it's almost like an "acoustic" instrument in the way it feels and plays, and that's probably why they are in big demand on the second hand market, bringing in some ridiculously high prices, although, some people just have to have the real thing at almost any cost.

I nearly sold it a while ago, but my studio buddy took it, gave me the money I needed at the time, kept it in the studio, and eventually sold it back to me for the same amount.

Arturia certainly have nailed the overall sound pretty close, but, it's not going to have the same feeling as playing the real deal, with it's quirks and limitations...that's half the fun. wink

Ian

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online