SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#344261 - 05/01/12 09:03 AM Re: Songs That Go Down Well In Nursing Homes [Re: Songman55]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Songman55

Amazing I play many of those at my 1 hour gigs. One comment about My Way. I many times will sing/play My Way the last song of the gig. I stole a line from Sinatra used at his Madison Square Garden performance in what I think was 1974. Old blue eyes said at that concert, "And now ladies and gentlemen, the National Anthem, but no need to stand". One time at an assisted living facility that's the way I opened my playing My Way. At least one member of the audience's hearing was poor, one guy a veteran stood up and and saluted the entire song. I'm careful now how I phrase the intro of My Way.

A quote of his I like to use with this song goes like this: This song was written by Fred Ebb and John Kandor, arranged by Don Costa, recorded by Liza Minelli and stolen by me.

Joe [/quote]

Start spreading the news? grin

Edited by Stephenm52 (05/01/12 09:04 AM)

#344266 - 05/01/12 09:57 AM Re: Songs That Go Down Well In Nursing Homes [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

When I do Elvis songs I like to announce........
"This next song was done by Michael Jackson's ex father in law"

funny to see the puzzling looks on the audiences faces lol laugh

#344270 - 05/01/12 11:32 AM Re: Songs That Go Down Well In Nursing Homes [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By: Dnj
When I do Elvis songs I like to announce........
"This next song was done by Michael Jackson's ex father in law"

funny to see the puzzling looks on the audiences faces lol laugh

Funny, I never thought of that relationship smile

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#344271 - 05/01/12 12:12 PM Re: Songs That Go Down Well In Nursing Homes [Re: MusicalMemories]
124 Offline

True story, folks. When we do our little Elvis medley, the wife explains how, on a cruise last year, I entered an 'Elvis Dance Moves' contest. And I won.

Brilliant, except for the fact that I pulled a leg muscle in the process. (I always blame the ship for tossing me around). It always gets a big laugh, though.

Then I explain that there'll be no more Elvis moves from me, I'll just stick to singing the songs tonight.

#344293 - 05/01/12 04:52 PM Re: Songs That Go Down Well In Nursing Homes [Re: MusicalMemories]
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
From Wikipedia -
"My Way" is a song popularized by Frank Sinatra. Its lyrics were written by Paul Anka and set to music based on the French song "Comme d'habitude" composed in 1967 by Claude François and Jacques Revaux, with lyrics by Claude François and Gilles Thibault. Comme d'habitude had in turn originally been written in English, titled "For Me". Anka's English lyrics are unrelated to the original French song or the earlier English version. "My Way" is often quoted as the most covered song in history.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online