SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#3441 - 03/03/05 02:47 AM Factory Reset Facility??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Help please!! Friend has just bought a DX7, with no cartridge and no internal patches installed. Any of you know if there is a "factory reset" option by way of a combination of buttons or something? Or arent there patches installed that way?>??

Thanks.

#3442 - 03/03/05 06:41 AM Re: Factory Reset Facility??
quietDIN Offline

The DX7 doesn't have patches in an internal ROM. They can be found easily online, and transfered to the DX7 via MIDI. Here's a page with a lot of good info and links: http://www.math.uga.edu/~djb/html/dx7.html

I hope that helps.

--Barry

#3443 - 03/03/05 06:55 AM Re: Factory Reset Facility??
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Hi!
I'm afraid there is no way to do that. THe only way to get the sounds into your DX is either to load them from a cartrige (you can find them on eBay), or download them from the internet (the smart way to go). There are millions of DX7 sounds out there. Just do a search on DX7. Some websites even offer application utilities and software editor librarians that help create, transfer and store sounds on a DX7 and other Yamaha DX instruments.

I have over a thousand banks (each one containing 32 programs) of DX7 sounds, so if you are interested I'll e-mail them to you.

-ED-

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online