SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#344015 - 04/24/12 09:18 AM Yamaha Listens Part 2
YamahaUS1 Offline

Loc: Buena Park, CA, USA
Excellent responses. I really appreciate it. Part 2:

If you could design your own TOTL Arranger Workstation, what CONTENT(Voices, Styles, Mutipads, Music Finder, etc) would it it have?

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond...

Regards,

Steve Deming

#344017 - 04/24/12 09:47 AM Re: Yamaha Listens Part 2 [Re: YamahaUS1]
Bachus Offline

voices : More SA and SA2 voices, also more edit options and finally some topline piano sounds. A new synth engine for really fat synth sounds.

Styles : more lively, if you could add part of the Karma technollogy to the styles they would be so much alive. On top of that i would love to have more styles that give that lively feeling we know from Ketron, so the next style engine could also use some audio parts. I.e. styles need a lot of work and not all sound like typical Yamaha but also have a lot o styles with a less pollished more alive sound.

pads : it should be possible to transpose the pad based on the chords played in real time.

Edited by Bachus (04/24/12 09:48 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#344018 - 04/24/12 10:19 AM Re: Yamaha Listens Part 2 [Re: YamahaUS1]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
More Modern/Current Styles: Rock, Club/Dance, Pop
Drop the annoying noise effect(squeaky sound)on the electric guitars moving from one fret to the other.
It is way to much and unnatural. Even when I hit the same key a few times, the sound occurs which is physically not possible on a guitar.
Plus you can not hear it in a recording or on stage with a real guitar.
I love how Yamaha makes styles that fit a lot of songs. Please keep that. smile
Styles and drums could be more live sounding.
Update the older Sounds/Instruments to at least live or cool voices.
A nice SA2 Fender Strat would be great.
Thank you for listening.
Eric

#344020 - 04/24/12 12:12 PM Re: Yamaha Listens Part 2 [Re: YamahaUS1]
rb293 Offline

Loc: Binghamton, NY USA
I think you still need a better piano... And why is the likes of the Motif or Roland Fantom have a much deeper sound.. Richer/fuller sound... Is the internal amp better or something like that... No matter what speakers I use the T4 cannot come close to those keyboards..... thanks Ron

#344021 - 04/24/12 12:23 PM Re: Yamaha Listens Part 2 [Re: rb293]
tom moon Offline

Loc: Haddonfield, NJ, USA
as others have said, better representation of modern music styles -- reggaeton, house, etc.,

integrate an arpeggiator with the arranger functions -- for generating multi-pad-type backing sequences on the fly.

finally, and mainly: upgrade the keybed of the middle/upper range (S710, S910): it's almost criminal to offer all this sound-shaping and arranging power and then yoke it to a basic, ie, not terribly musical, keybed. even the Korg PA500 has better feeling keys than the 910.

#344023 - 04/24/12 02:40 PM Re: Yamaha Listens Part 2 [Re: YamahaUS1]
Tostie Offline

More orchestral movie/soundtrack styles! Just update the rock/pop/dance/country/etc. sections with some current songstyles.

A better piano is always welcome.

#344025 - 04/24/12 03:51 PM Re: Yamaha Listens Part 2 [Re: YamahaUS1]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I would like to see a combination of the loop and arpeggiator features from keyboards like the MoXF combined with the normal arranger functions from the Tyros series. They are quite different in sound, and functionality, but I feel that unless we want to lose the younger generation to WS's altogether, at some point or another (the sooner the better, as far as I am concerned) we need to be more inclusive.

On the other hand, perhaps the arranger's directed loop flow paradigm could become better implemented in the WS's, and Yamaha can let arrangers slip further and further into tools for only the elderly to make music on...

You need to find whoever designed the original DJX (not the awful MkII) and have him design something using this century's synth and arranger technology. Then stand back while the orders flow in!

#344032 - 04/24/12 05:25 PM Re: Yamaha Listens Part 2 [Re: Bachus]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Bachus

...if you could add part of the Karma technollogy to the styles they would be so much alive.

Ditto!

#344039 - 04/24/12 11:17 PM Re: Yamaha Listens Part 2 [Re: YamahaUS1]
Jez Offline

Loc: India
Thanks for listening.. I would want:

1)More of the SA/SA2 voices. I agree with Tostie...more of Orchestral content.

2)Taking a cue from Apple`s Garage Band,a easy loop based software(PC/MAC/IOS/Android) to create Yamaha style accompaniments. Yes the TOTL should incorporate audio into the styles a la Audya. Users can then create their own arrangements very easily and quickly.

3)More styles, voices, multipads, registration etc. available on the musicsoft website for download. Expansion pack was a good move. But offering a wide variety of sounds and styles from different parts of the world means users can choose what they really need rather than buying a pack and using only some of it.

Auron Music

#344041 - 04/24/12 11:35 PM Re: Yamaha Listens Part 2 [Re: YamahaUS1]
sam.safran
Unregistered

More free play styles suited to orchestral, movie and classical music. More movie orchestral and classical styles. Ability to randomly mix patterns of parts of two (or more) different styles in real time - or for Yamaha to create such styles. More melodic pads built to offer a countermelody to the styles - such as the current String Ballad - but applicable to more styles.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online