SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#34235 - 08/04/09 08:01 AM Comparison - SD1 vs. Audya...Live play...
justforfun000 Offline

Loc: Canada
I have been using the SD1 for a good 8 years or so..and even though I haven't learned many things (the sequencer, recording audio wav vocalizer to link to midi...etc)...I have become very comfortable with basic functions.

I use midi files 95% of the time..I like the easy push button to turn on drums so I can whack a cymbal anywhere I want in the song..

I found the transposition issue regarding global and song...not to mention keyboard specific too ..very confusing. It's still a bit irritating that a global transpose shifts the vocalizer tracks properly, but the song transpose doesn't so in some cases I have to individually transpose the vocalizer track by -1 or something along with the song transpose..

What I'm getting at is I'm familiar with all these things..how similar is the Audya? Will it be easy peasy to pick up the way it's played? Did they keep very similar designs and features handy or will i find a huge learning curve...

Anyone who has experience with both instruments should have a pretty good handle on what I mean. What do you think?

#34236 - 08/04/09 03:27 PM Re: Comparison - SD1 vs. Audya...Live play...
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Audya is much easier. The Operating System is much improved.
However, if I were doing 95% midi files, I would certainly use a Midjay and save a few thousand dollars. You can midi a light-weight controller to it and have arranger functions as well.
Main drawback of the Midjay is the Vocal Harmonizer. It's not up to par with the SD1, and WAY behind the Audya. However, I just used a TC Helicon unit I bought for $300., and was quite pleased with the Midjay.
DonM

#34237 - 08/05/09 11:12 AM Re: Comparison - SD1 vs. Audya...Live play...
viocaia Offline

Loc: Romania/Norway
Hey!
You're absolutely right Don!
I'm using Midjay for more than 2 years, almost every night, both arranger and players and I'm playing acoustic piezo guitar thru TC-Helicon Harmony G.I found Midjay the best machine for a traveler performer.
And...about sound..it have mp3 and wave player..so if someone needs something special..exotic, ethnic what ever..just do the things in a studio and import like mp3!Absolutely brilliant!
No sampler..so what.What's wrong with a sampler software in your laptop or any VST...record, mix and import in Midjay!
I even do split backups with groove soft delivered by Ketron and it can be used to control the way the song it's running, almost like a live band...
And new styles..no problem, EMC Style works and do what ever...
Yes, I really recommend Midjay for you Justforfun !!

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online